Anything For You

Dilemma

Wendy was woken up by her phone ringing. She picked up the call without seeing the caller id.

“Hello?”

“Wendy Son, please don’t tell me you are still sleeping? Are you planning on being late for your first day of school?!”

Upon hearing it, Wendy was now totally awake.

“I’ll be there soon. Meet you in school! Bye.” With that Wendy hanged up and turned to wake Mina up.

“Mina. Mina, wake up. We still have school. Today is the first day too.” Wendy softly shakes Mina, trying to wake her up.

“Oh, it’s morning already? We spend the night at the park?” Mina asked once she woke up. She rubs her eyes as it was a habit when she wakes up. “Cute” that was what Wendy thought when she was looking at Mina every actions.

“Hey, we got to go home now and prepare for school. If not we are going to be late.” Wendy informed Mina again because she seems to have no idea. Wendy took the jacket up and puts it on for Mina.

“It’s still cold in the early morning. Put it on so you wouldn’t catch a cold.”

“Then what about you?”

“I have a strong immunity. Don’t worry about me!” and gave her a wide smile.

Wendy then pulled Mina by her hand and got her to stand up. The two girls quickly made their way home and freshen up for school. The park was nearby their apartment, that’s why it didn’t take long for them to reach home and prepare for school. When they were preparing, they head off to school together.

--

Once they reached school, they bid goodbyes since their classes were at different locations.

“Mina, what time do you end today?”

Mina looked at her timetable and answered, “I end at 6pm today.”

“I’ll wait for you after school and let’s go home together?”

“Okay sure! Goodbye.”

They two then went off to their respective classes. Wendy went off to the concourse to find her best friend, and she saw her sitting at a bench looking quite tired. Wendy went forward to her friend.

“Hi Seulgi! Why do you look so tired? Did you not sleep well last night?” Wendy then gave her a smirk and raised one of her eyebrow.

“Are you thinking of something dirty right now? Oh gosh it’s only the morning and you are that… I was just tired and I woke up pretty early you know. Unlike you, why are you even late huh? Seulgi questioned back.

“I didn’t realize I fell asleep at the park until you called me.”

“What?! Why did you sleep at the park? Do you know how dangerous it is?” Seulgi quickly said with full of concern.

“Mina wanted to go to the park but then without realizing we just fell asleep.”

“Mina? Who is she?” Seulgi was now curious.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. I rent out the empty room to Mina.” Wendy then filled in the story of how she met Mina and what happened afterwards to Seulgi.

“Are you interested in her?” Seulgi teased Wendy.

“Let’s go for class, if not we will definitely be late!” Wendy avoids that question and went off.

“Wendy! Answer my question, don’t avoid it!” Seulgi shouted to Wendy and chased after her.

--

“Wendy, this module is really very boring.” Seulgi complained but she was not getting any respond from Wendy. Wendy was focusing on her phone instead.

To Mina:

 How’s your class?

From Mina:

Great! All the classes are pretty fun. What about you?

To Mina:

My current one is really boring. T_T

Hey, I got to go, see you later!

From Mina:

Don’t sleep in class okay!

To Mina:

Yes boss!

Seulgi saw that Wendy was busy texting and ignored her. She then snatched away Wendy’s phone and read the messages.

“Give me back my phone you this big dumb bear!” Seulgi then returned it after reading finished the messages.

“Can you introduce this Mina to me? I’m really curious on who she is!” Seulgi curiosity heightened and insists Wendy to introduce Mina to her.

“Okay okay I’ll let her know about it first.  Don’t scare her okay! Now can you be quiet and listen in class.” Wendy shushes her as Seulgi was so noisy.

--

It was 2pm and classes ended for Wendy and Seulgi.

“Finally class ended! Wendy, what are you doing after this?” Seulgi asked.

“I’m waiting for Mina’s classes to end before going home together.”

“Then what time does she ends?”

“6pm.”

“WHAT?! And you are just going to sit here in school till 6pm? Do you have any idea what time it is now?” Seulgi exclaimed.

“It’s alright. I have nothing to do anyway.” Wendy nonchalantly answered.

“Since I’m such a nice friend, I shall accompany you for an hour or two.” Seulgi then gave a proud smile to her.

“Yeah yeah.” Wendy was thankful that she met Seulgi and became best friends with her. They first met in high school and Wendy was a transfer student. She was transferred to Seulgi class. Wendy wasn’t very social so Seulgi took the first step and approached her, that’s how their friendship started.

--

Seulgi went home after an hour of accompanying Wendy. Wendy saw that Seulgi was dozing off and told her to go home. Wendy continued waiting till she began to doze off too.

Mina’s class has ended and she called Wendy to ask for her whereabouts. But she was not picking up her phone. “Where could Wendy be? She couldn’t have left first though. Or her class has not ended?” She then decided to go look for Wendy. Mina walked to the place where she first met Wendy. At a distance, Mina saw Wendy sitting at the bench and she went over. When she was nearer, she saw that Wendy was actually sleeping so she sat in front of her and just stare at her. “Why are you being so nice to me? What is this feeling that I’m having?” Mina thought to herself.

After staring at Wendy’s face for a long time, Mina couldn’t help but move her hand towards the former’s face and caressed it. This action stirred Wendy up from her nap. “Oh Mina, your class ended?” that’s the first thing Wendy said when she woke up.

“Yeah, it ended 2 hours ago.” Mina gave Wendy a light smile.

“What? So you sat here since 6pm? Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You were sleeping so soundly. I didn’t want to wake you up. Anyway, what time did you end class today?”

“I end at.....” Wendy was a little reluctant to let Mina know about it.

“Yeah what time?” Mina pressed on.

“2pm.” Wendy mumbled as soft as she could. But Mina heard it.

“So you were waiting for the whole afternoon?! Why didn’t you go home first? You didn’t have to wait for me. I can go back on my own just fine.” Mina told Wendy, she felt bad that Wendy had to wait for her the whole afternoon when she was already so exhausted.

“I wanted to wait for you and go home together.” Wendy then gave that dumb grin to Mina.

“You this dumb kid. Let’s go home for dinner. C’mon.” Mina then pulled Wendy up.

--

On the bus back, they sat beside each other and Mina broke the silence.

“Wendy thanks for being that nice to me from the first time I met you. I don’t know what would happen if I never met you.” Mina was being really sincere about it.

“It’s nothing you know. But I’m glad that I met and know you. I’m glad yesterday made us much more closer.”

“I have the same sentiments too.” And Mina lays her head comfortably onto Wendy’s shoulder. Wendy smiled upon feeling Mina’s head on her shoulder. The trip back home was peaceful.

--

They sat at the sofa after having dinner.

“Mina, tomorrow I have to work till late night so I can’t have dinner with you or accompany you home.” Wendy informed Mina about it.

“How late are you working till? Wouldn’t you be tired?” Mina was so concerned that Wendy will work till that late.

“I’ll be home by midnight. I’ve been studying and working since I came so I’m pretty much used to it.”

“Okay then… Don’t tire yourself out alright. Let’s go to bed now, you need ample of rest.” Mina stood up and saw Wendy holding out her arms.

“Pull me up.” Wendy cutely said. Mina then holds onto Wendy’s hands and pulled her. But Wendy was being playful and strongly pulled Mina back instead. Mina was shocked by the sudden pull and lost her balance, which caused her to fall on top of Wendy.  Now, Mina was above Wendy and the latter was hugging onto the former’s waist. They stared deeply into each other eyes. They were in dazed.

How beautiful is she. I just want to protect you.” Wendy thought while in dazed.

“Can this moment go on forever? Please don’t let me go.” Mina was also in her own thoughts.

After awhile then the both of them realized the position they are in. Wendy quickly loosens her hands from Mina’s waist and Mina quickly got up. They were now feeling awkward and Mina didn’t know what to do so she quickly ran back to her room.

“What just happened? It happened way too fast.” Wendy was now sitting on the sofa and just staring blankly at the television.

“Ohmygod that didn’t just happened.” Mina was now on her bed and kept smiling to herself. She enjoyed that close contact with Wendy. The moment she closed her eyes, she got reminded of what just happened. It took Mina quite a few hours before she ends up sleeping.