Dinner

Dilemma

“Irene?”

 “Hi! You are knocking off that early today?”

“Yeah. Aren’t you going home yet?”

“There’s no one at home anyway so I normally spend my time at the café.”

“I shall not disturb you then. See you tomorrow.” Wendy then bid goodbye to Irene.

“Bye…” Irene then felt a little depressed.

Wendy saw the look in Irene’s face. She couldn’t bear to leave her alone at the café.

“Have you eaten your dinner?”

“Not yet…”

“If you don’t mind, do you want to come over to my house for dinner?”

“If I’m not disturbing you, then okay I would like to.” Irene was so ecstatic about going to Wendy’s house for dinner.

Irene then followed Wendy to her house.

“Sorry to ask, what do you mean by no one at home? You don’t have to answer though.”

“Oh, I lived pretty far from the college so I rented an apartment nearby. Joy offered me to stay at her house but it’s kind of cramped since she has 2 younger siblings so I rejected her.”

“So now I’m staying alone which is quite lonely though.”

“I understand how you feel. I used to stay alone too until I met Mina.”

“Oh your girlfriend…”

“Yeah, I offered her a place to stay since she was new to here.”

“And we have reached. This is my apartment.”

Wendy opened the door and Mina immediately ran to the door and hugged her.

“You are home.”

“See, I promised to come home early. And Mina let go of me, we have a guest.” Mina then let go of Wendy and looked over to see who the guest was.

“Mina, this is Irene. Irene, this is Mina.”

“Hi.” The both of them greeted each other.

“Irene, just treat this as your house and be comfortable.”

Irene then headed to the sofa and took a seat. She then secretly observed the couple.

“Thanks for coming home early.”

“I promised you right, so I will keep my promise.”

“You are such a cutie.” Mina then lightly pinched Wendy’s cheek.

“So what is my reward?” Wendy then pouts her lips, Mina immediately understand what Wendy wants. She then gave her a kiss on the lips.

Irene was still observing the couple.

“Irene will be joining us for dinner, I’ll go and change first okay.” Wendy said to Mina and head to her room.

“Irene, do you want any drink?”

“Plain water will do.”

Mina went into the kitchen and got Irene her drink.

“Thanks.”

“So you and Wendy are in the same college but different courses?”

“Yeah, we could only meet during lunch.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Wendy appeared behind Mina and gave her a back hug.

“Can we eat now? I’m hungry.”

“Let’s eat now then.” Mina then pulled Wendy to the dining table. Irene followed behind.

The dinner was a little uncomfortable for Irene but she stayed quiet. If she knew earlier that Mina was staying with Wendy, she would have rejected Wendy’s invitation. After dinner, Irene stayed around for awhile before going home.

“I think I should head home now.”

“I’ll send you home.” Wendy said.

“I can go back myself. I don’t want to bother you anymore.”

“It’s late already and I shouldn’t let a pretty girl go home alone at this timing right.”

Mina just smiled and kept quiet.

“Mina, I’m sending Irene home first. I’ll be back soon.” Wendy then took her jacket and went out with Irene.

“Actually my house is quite near. You don’t have to send me home.”

“But it’s dangerous for you to go home alone at this timing.”

“Thank you.” Irene smiled as she was glad that Wendy insisted on sending her home.

Irene rubbed her hands trying to produce some heat as she was feeling cold. Wendy saw that and passed Irene her jacket.

“Here, take it.”

“I’m not cold.”

“Stop lying. Take it.” Wendy then draped the jacket over Irene’s shoulders.

“Thanks.” Irene was feeling overjoyed but she didn’t show it out.

“Stop thanking me. We are friends right.”

“Friends…” Irene mumbled.

“Wendy… What’s your first impression about me?”

“Erm… You are pretty, cute and seems nice.”

“That’s nice of you.”

“It’s the truth though. You know I don’t lie.” Wendy then smiled widely to Irene.

“Anyway, is Joy attached or anything?”

“That giant? She’s still single.”

“Then is she interested in anyone right now?”

“Kinda, I guess…”

“Why are you asking all these? Don’t tell me you are interested in her?!”

“NO! I’m just curious and trying to know more about her.” Wendy explained, hoping that Irene will not misunderstand.

“I’m just kidding!” Irene lightened up the tense atmosphere.

“Why doesn’t she ask questions about me too? Doesn’t she want to know more about me too?” The thoughts filled Irene’s mind.

“Irene?” Wendy realized that Irene wasn’t moving and the latter seems to be in dazed.

Wendy faced Irene and softly whispered, “Boo.”

Wendy was amazed that small action actually caught Irene’s attention.

 “Why are you always in dazed? The first time I met you, you were in dazed too.”

“I’m always thinking. Maybe that’s why.” Irene was a little embarrassed.

Wendy chuckled at Irene’s cuteness. They then continued walking.

“We have reached. Thanks for sending me back.”

“So this is where you live at? It’s pretty near my house.”

“Yeah, that’s why I said you don’t have to send me home.”

“It’s not troublesome anyway. So I’ll see you when I see you then. Goodnight.”

“Wendy, thank you.” Irene then gave Wendy a peck on the cheek and went into her house. It left Wendy dumb-founded.

What’s that for?”  Wendy then touched the cheek that Irene kissed.

She then slowly walked back home.

“Mina?” Wendy walked in and the lights were off. Naturally, she went into her room.

“Are you still awake?”

Wendy then hovered over Mina to see whether she was sleeping as the latter was back facing her when she entered the room.

“Mina Mina Mina Mina Mina.” Wendy then shook Mina.

“I know you are not sleeping. Why are you ignoring meeeeeeee?”

Mina then opened her eyes.

“What do you want?” Mina questioned her.

“What happened? Who made my girl angry?”

“You.”

“W-what did I do?” Wendy was confused on what she had done to make the girl mad.

“Who is prettier? Me or Irene?”

 Wendy still couldn’t understand the situation.

“Why are you asking me this…?”

“Just say!” Mina was getting a little frustrated as Wendy wasn’t answering her question.

“Irene is pretty.”

“Go away.” Mina then pushed Wendy away. Wendy then hugged her girlfriend from the back.

“But you are the most beautiful one to me.” After saying that, she pecked Mina’s cheek.

Mina tried suppressing her smile after hearing her answer.

 “Minaaaaaa.” Wendy then shook her again.

“Stop! I’m getting dizzy. You this kiddo!”

“Not mad anymore?” Wendy smiled widely.

“I was not mad.”

“Keep denying~”

“Ya!”

“Okay okay you were NOT mad.” Wendy emphasized on the “not” to make fun of Mina.

“Go ba-”

“SON SEUNG WAN! WHAT IS THAT ON YOUR FACE?”