Help

Dilemma

“No! Stop! It’s not Nara. Irene likes Wendy!”

Seulgi was shocked at what she just heard… Did she hear it wrongly? Irene likes Wendy?

Joy was equally shocked by what she just said.

“Are you speaking the truth?”

“You are kidding right?”

Joy was keeping mum and was avoiding Seulgi’s face. She was afraid that she might say out the wrong thing again.

“If you are not telling me anything, I’m going to go ask Irene and tell Wendy about it.”

Seulgi was just trying to trick Joy in speaking up. She didn’t really think of telling Wendy about it.

“Okay okay! I’ll tell you but you can’t let anyone knows especially Wendy.”

“I promise not to tell anyone.”

Joy told Seulgi everything about it.

“But Wendy already has a girlfriend you know that too right.”

“Why can’t Irene have her own happiness then!”

“She can. But Wendy is not the one for her.”

“Why are you being like this?”

“Just don’t tell anyone about this.” Joy went back to find Irene after warning Seulgi.

“Joy!” Seulgi didn’t know why Joy seems so mad at her when all she said was the truth.

--

“Why did Joy come back alone just now? She looks unhappy too.” Wendy asked.

“Really? I’m not sure either. I’ll talk to her the next time I meet her.”

“Did something happen just now?”

“Nothing…”

“You are not lying to me right?”

“Why would I lie to you?” Seulgi was trying to be cool about it in case she makes a slip up.

“Just making sure everything is alright with you both since you like her right.”

“Just eat your food.”

Seulgi was contemplating on whether to tell Wendy what she just knows but Joy had warned her not to. Seulgi has never lied to her best friend before. She was not sure on whether she can keep it to herself.

--

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Unnie, don’t go crazy after I tell you what happened.”

“Okay.”

“You promise?”

“I promise you. Now tell me what happened?”

“I accidentally blurted out that you like Wendy.”

“WHAT?”

“Relax! You promise me not to go crazy!”

“How could you?”

“She was guessing on who you like and then it just happened…”

“So now she knows?”

“Yeah… She knows everything.”

“Everything as in?”

“Everything. Everything from the start.”

“Seulgi is not going to tell her right?”

“I warned her not to.”

“Okay good. You better make sure Seulgi will not tell Wendy about it. If not you are dead!”

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to what…”

“It’s alright. I know you didn’t mean to anyway. Let’s just go for class now.”

--

Joy was ignoring Seulgi and the latter didn’t know what to do.

Seulgi tried texting Joy after school the entire day but there was no reply.

“Why wouldn’t she reply my texts…?” Seulgi threw her phone aside and rolled around her bed.

She was feeling despondent.

It then clicked in her mind, “Ah! I can get Irene for help!”

Immediately, she grabbed her phone and was ready to ask Irene for help. But when she was about to ask for help, Seulgi realized that she does not have Irene’s number…

 “NOOOOOOO!”

“Why didn’t I ask Irene for her number too?!” Seulgi was going crazy.

“Oh maybe Wendy knows!”

Seulgi then dialed Wendy’s number.

It took a few seconds before the call was answered.

“I’m working right now. What do you want?”

“It’s an emergency!”

“Do you have Irene’s number?!” Seulgi frantically asked.

“Why would I have her number…” Wendy slowly answered back.

“Oh wait!”

“You have?” Wendy’s answer gave her a glimpse of hope but the line went quiet.

“Ya! Where did you go?”

“Come back you shortie!”

“Shut up, you this dumb bear! I’m helping you. Anyway, Irene is at the café right now.”

“I’m coming down right now. Make sure Irene doesn’t leave the café until I reach okay.”

“Why are you even looking for her? But okay sure…”

“No time to explain. Thanks shortie, I love you.”

The line was immediately cut off.

Seulgi hurriedly change into proper clothing and ran out of her house.

When Seulgi arrived at the café, she immediately spotted Irene sitting at a corner.

“Irene, help me!” Seulgi was panting and Irene was obviously shocked by the former.

“What happened? Take a seat first.”

“Joy is not replying me! She is ignoring me!”

“Did something happen?”

“Erm…N-nothing.” Seulgi couldn’t possibly let Irene know that she knew everything.

Irene sighs, “I know Joy has already told you everything. Is it about that?”

Seulgi could only nod and avoided Irene’s eyes.

“I’ll help you. Tomorrow after dance practice, I’ll make a chance for you both to talk.”

“Really? Thanks Irene!” Seulgi was so elated and gave her a bear hug. Irene was totally taken aback by Seulgi’s hug. She was beginning to think that Seulgi is the one for Joy.

“What’s going on here?” Wendy popped up behind Seulgi. Seulgi was still hugging Irene.

Seulgi let go of Irene and turned back, “Why are you here?”

“Cause I work here? So can I know what’s going on here?”

“Nothing is happening. You can just go back to work.”

“But you seem so urgent when looking for Irene. Something serious must have happened!”

“She just needs my-”

Before Irene could finish her sentence, Seulgi interrupted.

“I need Irene’s number!”

“Okay... But what is the urgency?”

Seulgi didn’t want Wendy to know what happened so she could only try to convince the latter that everything is alright.

“I want to talk to her that’s all.”

“Irene, excuse us.”

Wendy then pulled Seulgi to aside so she can talk privately with Seulgi.

“You like Irene? I mean if not why you need her number so urgently just to talk to her.”

“Then what about Joy?”

“You better not be playing with the two of them.”

Seulgi was shocked at Wendy’s conclusion.

“It’s not what you think like!”

“I need Irene’s help that’s all. Why would even think that I like her…”

“Plus, do I look like a player to you?!”

“Errr…yes…” Wendy meekly replied.

“What?!”

“I mean you look really charming like a player. It’s a compliment!”

“Whatever. I know I’m charming.”

The two of them walked back to Irene’s table.

“Here, I’ll return Seulgi back to you.”

“I’m not an item okay!”

Irene was amused by them.

“I’ll get back to work now.”

Wendy turned her back and was about to walk away but suddenly she turned back and faced Irene.

“Wait, Irene have you eaten dinner?”

“Ah... Not yet.”

“I have not eaten too!” Seulgi added.

“I’m pretty sure you have dinner at home, so don’t be annoying.”

“Must you be that mean to me in front of Irene?”

“Yes. Just quickly go home for dinner, don’t make your family wait for you.”

“When did you become so naggy? I’m going off soon alright.”

“Good. And Irene, I’ll go get dinner for you.” Wendy offered.

“But you are still working. I don’t want to trouble you.” Irene shyly declined.

“It’s no trouble okay.” Wendy answered.

Wendy then went back into the counter to grab her wallet and headed out of the café.

During that time, Seulgi kept pestering Irene asking the latter questions about Joy.

“What food does she likes?”

“What’s her hobby?”

“How do I get closer to her?”

Irene patiently answered every questions that Seulgi asked till Wendy arrived back with food.

“Seulgi, stop bothering Irene. Just go home.” Wendy said right after putting the food down.

“Irene don’t even find me annoying so why are you complaining! Irene, am I right?” Seulgi then looked at Irene.

Irene could only smile.

“Fine, I’m going back to work then.” Wendy said.

Wendy turn back and was about to walk away, Irene quickly stood up and hug Wendy. Just then, the café’s door open and Mina walked in. Mina immediately spotted Irene hugging Wendy. 


Sorry guys for not updating for such a long time.

I just lost the feel i guess...

  But I hope you guys are still with me though!