A Day Out

Dilemma
Wendy woke up and she could smell breakfast. Wendy was never an early bird; she would normally wake up at noontime. But the aroma filled up her room and woke her up. She went out and walked towards the kitchen.

Mina heard Wendy came out of her room and turned her head over. She chuckled at the sight in front of her. Wendy’s hair was disheveled and rubbing her eyes. She found this girl in front of her very interesting. There are actually many sides of this girl she realized and probably more which she still has not uncovered.

“Good Morning. Breakfast is ready! I’m glad you are awake. I was still contemplating on whether to wake you up for breakfast though.” Mina said.

“The smell woke me up actually. I normally sleep till noon though if there is no school.” Wendy replied sheepishly.

“Then go wash up and have breakfast!”

Wendy quickly went to wash up as the breakfast on the table was too tempting. The both of them sat down and have their breakfast.

“Mina, your cooking is really great. Thank god, I asked you to stay at my place. I got myself a good cook!” Wendy happily says while eating.

“I’m glad you like it.”

“You are actually the 3rd person I ever cook for though.”

“What?! It is such an honor for me then. Who is the other 2 then?” Wendy felt so thankful about it.

“Of course, it’s my parents. I didn’t have the chance to cook for the anyone else anyway.”

“Since school starts tomorrow, how about I’ll bring you around today?” Wendy looked at Mina happily hoping that she would say yes.

Without considering, Mina straight away replied,” Sure! I’m free anyway and not really familiar here.”

“Then let’s go after breakfast!”

--

Wendy was waiting at the living room waiting for Mina to change. Only today, then she realized how long girls take to prepare. Normally, Wendy would just quickly change into something she likes and went out. It didn’t took her quite long either.

On the other hand, Mina was having internal struggle on what to wear for the day.

What should I wear? I don’t want to look too casual since it’s my first time going out with Wendy.”

“Jeans or shorts look nicer?”

“Should I wear a pullover or just a simple tee?”

After thinking for a long time, Mina was done with her outfit and went to put on her make-up. Mina went out and found Wendy sleeping on the sofa. She chuckled and walked over to wake her up.

“Wendy. Wake up, I’m done.” She gave her a light shake to wake Wendy up.

“Oh you are finally out!” Wendy sat up and took a glanced at the clock hanging up the wall.

“Wow, you actually took an hour or maybe two to prepare. I’m amazed.” Wendy looked at Mina in awe.

“Sorry to kept you waiting. I didn’t want to look sloppy on my first time going out with you.” Mina apologized.

“Hey, It’s alright you know. You are worth the wait.” Wendy gave Mina an assuring smile.

“Oh you are wearing that hairclip!”

“Yeah it was a gift from you and it is so pretty.”

“You look so beautiful” and gave her a charming smile.

Hearing what Wendy said, Mina could felt herself blushing over it. No one had said that she looks beautiful other than her parents and now hearing it from someone, she felt thankful towards Wendy.

--

Wendy brought Mina around and they were having fun with each other. The sun was going down soon so Wendy decided to bring Mina to someone she likes to go.

“Mina, let’s go somewhere else. I like this place very much and you should definitely go and take a look. Wendy being all excited and held Mina’s hand in hers and led the way.

Mina was enjoying the fact that Wendy was holding her hands but she knew it was because the latter was excited about bringing her to the place. She still felt happy anyway. The two girls arrived at their destination and Mina was totally ecstatic about it.

“Namsan Tower? I’ve wanted to come here when I was back at California.” Mina was so elated that Wendy brought here to Namsan Tower which she has always wanted to go to.

“I love this place. The scenery and environment here is great. I would always come here and relax if I have the chance to. At night, it’s less crowded and the night view is really breath-taking.” Wendy talks about it while walking up the stairs.

“Come, let’s take the cable car!” Wendy takes Mina by the hand and walked over.

Once they reached the top of the tower, they were amazed by the view. The night scenery was something Mina never seen before. It was so beautiful.

“I always imagine that my first time to Namsan Tower would be with the one I love.” Mina suddenly spoke out of nowhere. Wendy felt bad about it.

“I’m sorry. I should not have brought you here. Now, your first time to Namsan Tower is with me.” Wendy looked at Mina feeling apologetic.

“Oh no, I don’t mean it that way. I should be sorry for making you think that way. I was just imagining and it doesn’t matter who I come with. Anyway, I’m glad you are the one I came with!” Wendy felt relieved after hearing what Mina said.

“I feel like your presence made the night scenery even more beautiful.” Wendy spoke out of nowhere and was looking at Mina dreamily.

“Are you always such a sweet-talker towards girls?” Mina smiled. Wendy shook her head and turn away.

They sat for awhile before making their way down.

“If only we met earlier, I could bring you to their teddy bear museum. The museum would definitely be something you like but too bad it is now closed. Seulgi would always drag me there as she totally loves the museum.” Wendy said.

“Probably I have no fate with that museum.” Mina said jokingly and the two of them laughs.

“How about I’ll bring you to this really good eatery nearby for dinner?” Wendy suggested.

“Sure!”

--

“This eatery is really good. I always come whenever I’m here.”

“What would you like?” Wendy asked Mina.

“I’ll have anything you order.”

“Can you eat spicy food? From what I know, apparently their spicy ddeokbokki is very nice.” Wendy recommended and wanted to be sure whether Mina was able to take spicy food or not.

“I can take spicy food. Let’s give it a try then.”

Wendy then ordered a spicy ddeokbokki, kimchi jjigae and naengmyeon. After ordering, Wendy went to get a bottled of cold water. She helped Mina to fill her cup first then she filled hers, and it was filled to the brim. Mina was curious and asked, “Why did you fill your water to the brim?”

“Oh it’s nothing. I’m just thirsty.” Wendy was hoping Mina would believe her and she did. Mina just nodded her head and did not ask any further.

Not long later, their food came. They tucked into food but Wendy was only having naengmyeon. Mina saw it then got some ddeokbokki and put it into Wendy’s bowl. “Why are you only eating the naengmyeon, have some of the ddeokbokki too.” Mina got Wendy to eat it but the latter was quite hesitant in eating the ddeokbokki.

Wendy slowly took up the ddeokbokki and gave it a small bite. She chewed it as slow as she could and it was obvious that her ears were starting to turn red. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes. Wendy couldn’t take it anymore; she took her cup and guzzled it all down. She filled her empty cup with more water and continues guzzling it. Wendy let her tongue out and used her hand to fan it. Mina was shocked that Wendy was not able to take spicy food.

“You could not eat spicy food? Why did you even order all this!” Mina said with full of concern.

“You wait for me here. I’ll go buy something.” With this, Mina rushed out of the eatery.

Not long later, Mina came back with a bottle of milk. “Here, drink this!”

Mina opened the bottle for Wendy and she quickly took it and guzzled all the milk down. The milk helps her to relieve the pain from the spiciness.

“Why did you order the spicy foods when you can’t handle spicy stuff and never let me know?” Mina asked.

“I always come with Seulgi and she would order ddeokbokki because she finds it really delicious. So I thought you would like to try it since it is your first time here.” Wendy explained and Mina felt touched that Wendy actually eat it because of her.

“Anyway, it is really nice. But too bad, I can’t eat spicy food. If not, I would definitely finish up all this!” Wendy proudly said it to Mina.

“You this dumb kid. Come on let’s finish dinner. I want to go somewhere after this.” Mina uttered and Wendy gave a dumb grin back.

--

“So the park is the somewhere you want to go?” Wendy questioned Mina.

“I always love to take a walk at the park at night.”

“Aren’t you tired after going out for the whole day?” Wendy was definitely exhausted. She rarely went out for the whole day.

“I am but I’m less tired when I am with you.” Mina said it out without thinking much and Wendy didn’t think much of it either. The both of them sat down and relax.

Not long later, Wendy felt a weight on her arms. She turned over and realized Mina has fallen asleep so she took of her jacket and put it over Mina since it was pretty cold at night. She then positioned herself so Mina would be more comfortable. Wendy’s eye-lids were getting heavy and eventually she fell asleep too.