Chapter 9

Those Three Words

'A New Life......'

Myungsoo and Jurin decided to move into a small area of Daegu, where Sungyeol and Sungjong lived. It was not far away by bus from Seoul.

With a minimal amount of money, they were able to live better with necessities at a cheaper price than in the big city of Seoul. They were even able to rent a standard size apartment with two rooms rather than a crammed up one.

Myungsoo transferred schools in his Junior year to study with Sungyeol and Sungjong. Surprisingly, the two Sung brothers were the kingkas and most popular boys of the school. With Myungsoo joining them, he became accepted and popular quickly.

He even became less anti-social. In fact, he started to initiate conversation with his classmates. Jurin definitely noticed this big change from Myungsoo.

Moving to a new place was definitely a good choice for them. Jurin's new job was paying pretty decently so she was slowly catching up to the debts, but the interests were getting a bit high so there are a few bumps along the road.

----------

A Year Later....

This change made Myungsoo a happier person. No one ever forgot about Sunggyu but everyone still missed him. Even though the pain was lessened over time, everyone still wished Sunggyu was there with them.

Jurin stopped hearing sobs coming from Myungsoo's room.

 

 

Myungsoo recently turned 18 he wanted to help Jurin with the debts, but she insisted he graduate out of high school before he take on a job. As rank one of his class, Jurin wanted him to focus and get a good scholarship to study in college.

"Noona, please? I can multi-task. Just let me help you."

"Myungsoo, if Gyugyu was here he would be on my side. Just focus on school okay? "

"Noona, but you are sacrificing your education and time for me. It's the least I could do."

"If you know how much effort I'm using to take care of you, then just listen to noona okay? Please? It's just half a year and you'll be graduating with Sungyeol and Sungjong."

Myungsoo sighed and went into his room.

Jurin sat on the couch to relax her tired body from work. She the TV and started to flip through channels lazily.

"Nothing to watch."

She was about to shut the TV when she came across the news. Her hands balled into fists when she saw the person who refused to let her see Sunggyu for the last time. She hated him with all her heart. She despised his prescence and cocky self.

"Bastard." She muttered at the guy on the television. "Of all people that die everyday, how come the king of all jerks Nam Woohyun is still alive today?" She growled.

She threw the remote away and marched into her room, slamming her door as loud as possible. That was how much she hated Woohyun for not letting her go that day Sunggyu was about to enter the surgery room.

Myungsoo peeped his head out to see what was wrong. *I wonder what happened to noona?*

He came out and walked towards the living room to see the remote on the ground and the TV .

His eyes widened at the person talking to the reporters. *Woohyun hyung?? I hadn't seen him in years. I can't believe he made it this big!!! Gyu hyung would be so proud of him now. I wonder does Woo hyung know about Gyu hyung's death last year.*

Myungsoo sat down on the couch to watch Woohyun's skillful verbal skills with the reporters. No one was able to stump him in a question.

*Still like usual. The cunning hyung.* Myungsoo smiled. *I wonder is he still in Seoul. Maybe it's time to unite with him.*

------------

Jurin was busy cooking a meal for Myungsoo. Finals week was finally over for Myungsoo. A new semester was about to begin after his weekend.

To celebrate Myungsoo's straight A's Jurin invited Sungyeol and Sungjong over to a big feast she was preparing.

At the dinner table, Myungsoo seemed a bit fidgety to make his announcement.

"N-Noona....." Myungsoo suddenly spoke up.

Jurin noticed Myungsoo's stuttering. "What's up, Myungsoo?"

"I....."

"Don't hesitate. Just tell me."

"I.......canwemovebacktoSeoul??" He blurted really fast.

"What????"

"It's okay, then."

"Wait, wait, wait. I didn't decline your request, but I'm just asking. Why did you suddenly make this decison. The purpose of us moving to Daegu is to leave behind the painful memories."

"I....I wanted to find someone I haven't seen in years." Myungsoo muttered quietly.

Jurin, who took things the wrong way, smirked. "Okay. That's all you have to tell me. We can move back if you wish, but it's going to take some time. We have to find a place we can afford and work on transferring you to a different high school."

"Wait, hyung. You're going to leave us?" Sungjong pouted.

"Why move away???" Sungyeol whined.

"You guys can come too." Myungsoo smiled cheekily.

"We don't want to burden noona." The Sung brothers said together.

A few days later, Jurin had been searching apartments around Seoul that have a decent neighborhood and is affordable. With their financial instabilty, it was quite difficult.

Myungsoo was happily working on his transferring papers while thinking about his reunion with Woohyun, if he finds him that is. It's been a while since they met up.

Jurin was taking a walk along the neighborhood to drown away her problems.

---------

Woohyun smirked at his all time opponent when his name was called. Woohyun had been announced as the best singer of the year three times in a row, always making his competition since debut, Song Taehyun place second.

Taehyun was not a bad person. He was never a sore loser and always congratulated Woohyun on his winning, until Woohyun decided to be cocky about it and rub it in his face.

That was when it all started. Taehyun admits that he does lack something when it comes to vocal ability. And Woohyun was an amazing singer, but what he couldn't stand about Woohyun was how arrogant and obnoxious he was.

It had gotten worse through the past year since Sunggyu's death. Taehyun just hated Woohyun with a passion and wanted to see him fail miserably one day.

After losing for the fourth time, Taehyun decided to take a few days off back to his home town in Daegu.

While walking to clear out his mind, he noticed a new comer in his town. He may not have been back home for the past year, but he definitely did not recognized the new girl.

He sat next to her and she looked up at the stranger next to her.

"Who are you?" Jurin asked.

"Y-You don't know me?"

Jurin shook her head.

"Well, I'm Taehyun."

She gave an 'o' look. "Are you knew in town?"

Taehyun chuckled. "No, but I grew up here and become an idol. That's why you hardly see me around."

"Oh? My boyfriend use to be a good singer too, but never an idol."

"Oh? Where is he?"

"He died." Jurin looked down on the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry. If you need anything....."

"In fact, I do." Jurin bluntly stated.

"Okay."

"You're from Seoul right?"

Taehyun nodded his head.

"Can you get me a job there? I'm taking care of my boyfriend's brother and he decided it's time to move back to Seoul, but we are in debt and I can't seem to afford to live in Seoul. I know we just met, but you're an idol. You have connections right?"

Taehyun smirked and a lightbulb went on his head. *Nam Woohyun, I think your time is up.*

"Well, I can hire you."

Jurin's face brightened, but she had a bad feeling. "Really? Wait, what's the job and what catch."

"First I want to ask you one question. Are you a fan of a singer named Nam Woohyun."

At the sound of Woohyun's name, Jurin scrunched up her face and had the big urge to curse.

"No." She bitterly replied.

Taehyun could tell Jurin hated Woohyun. He did not know the reason, but since they both have the same enemy, they are one the same boat here.

"I hate Nam Woohyun. He is cocky and a sore winner. I need you to help me. If you do, I will pay you monthly for your house rent and bills. In addition, I will clear up any debts you have. Are you willing to do it?"

"W-Why are you willing to give me so much. We're strangers."

"That's is how much I hate Nam Woohyun and I can tell you hate that guy too."

"I do. He's the reason why I did not get to see my boyfriend." Jurin mumbled silently.

"So, the offer? Is that a yes or no?" Taehyun asked.

"I'll do it. When do I start."

"Tomorrow. Come to Seoul with me."

Jurin nodded her head. A stone was lifted from her chest and she felt relief. She can now tell Myungsoo they are returning to Seoul.

*A chance to relieve all our debts and destroy Nam Woohyun? I'm up for it.* Jurin smirked.

Jurin wrote down her number and handed it to Taehyun. "This is my number. My name is Jurin by the way. Yang Jurin."