Chapter 4

Those Three Words

'Nam Woohyun'

Woohyun sat in the car and stared out the window. He just finished his schedule as Dongwoo and Hoya drove back to the dorm they share.

"What's with the glum face, hyung?" Hoya asked.

"Nothing. I just thought about something."

"What was that back there before we went to the schedule anyway?" Dongwoo asked out of curiosity.

"I thought I saw someone I know, but never mind."

Even though Woohyun was saying it was nothing, he thought different. Inside his head, he was filled with many questions.

Many flashbacks from his high school years and pre-debut days started to flood his head.

--------------

"Hyung!!!!!!" A sixteen year old Woohyun approached his senior sunbae, Sunggyu who is currently in his last year in high school.

"Hey! My favortie dongsaeng and hoobae, How's it going?" Sunggyu asked while flashing his famous adorable eye smile.

"Woolim Entertainment is holding auditions for a soloist singer, Do you think I would be able to make it big??" The younger one asked.

"Of course, Woohyun-ah, who taught you the vocals??"

Woohyun blushed innocently. "You, but what if I'm not good enough."

"Trust me, you are really talented. Ask Myungsoo." Sunggyu nodded in the opposite direction with his younger sibling walking towards them, who is still in middle school.

"Myungsoo-ah, do you think Namu will make the audition for Woolim??" Sunggyu asked his silbing.

Myungsoo tapped his chin while deep in thought. "Hyungs, if you buy me and ice cream cone and the lastest video game then I'm 100% sure you will make it and become famous." Myungsoo slyly smiled.

The two older one could not believe how 'evil' Myungsoo got when it comes to his 'opinion'.

"Yeahh, you'll definitely make it. Trust me. And when you do, don't forget about us, okay?" Sunggyu ruffled Woohyun hair.

"Okay. I'll audition then." Woohyun gave both Myungsoo and Sunggyu a fist pump.

----------

A few weeks later, the audition results came out and Woohyun was accepted as a trainee at Woolim. Excitedly, Woohyun decided to run to Myungsoo and Sunggyu's house and let them be the first to know about the great news.

Unfortunately, Woohyun kept knocking and knocking. He even rang the doorbell a few dozen times, but no one was answering the door. *They couldn't have moved away that fast. I just saw them yesterday, and they were fine. I wonder what happened??"

Woohyun knocked harder and the door creaked opened, slightly. "Huh? It's not like Sunggyu Hyung to unlock his door. He was always paranoid about robbers." Woohyun mumbled to himself.

Woohyun peeked inside to see the entire house empty. Not a single furniture in place. Nothing. Panicking, Woohyun kept dialing his friends numbers but they all said the same thing, ' the number you have dialed is not available anymore.'

The only thoughts ran through Woohyun's mind were:

1. They are sick and tired of hanging around a loser like him and moved away.

2. They had to move away last minute, but will contact him later.

3. They no longer want to be friends with Woohyun when they know he was going to be a star.

4. There was a sudden emergency.

 Tears started to escape Woohyun's eyes. They were his closest friends and suddenly disappeared. He felt as if he gained something, but lost another.

Even thought he would have fame and fortune, but he lost something important to him, friendship. He didn't know why, but he felt rejected and refuse to attach himself to anyone else.

With teary eyes, he left the abandoned house. Throughout Woohyun's trainee days, he refused to socialize or get close with anyone. He became isolated from his classmates, which resulted in his hunger for love and friendship, thus making hi the way he is today, a cocked, arrogant, and self-centered person.

Even thought he is cocky and self-centered, he eventually opened up to Dongwoo and Hoya, who are the only close friends of his now because they remind him of Sunggyu and Myungsoo.

Little did Woohyun know, the reason why Sunggyu and Myungsoo moved so sudden was because of a major car crash that killed both his parents and several other bystanders. Being a legal adult now, Sunggyu had to drop out of high school to take care of his younger sibling since he did not want him to be sent to the orphanage.

Because of their parents' death, it made them in huge debt with the hospital. Unfortunately for them, they had to sell the house to pay back the hospital, slowly. Until today, Sunggyu is still paying the debts and for Myungsoo's education.

-------------

A tear slid down Woohyun's cheek at the thought of the memory. *I wish I never auditioned. If I didn't then we would probably still be good friends. I wonder how was your life the past four years?*

"Woohyun? Are you okay? The observant Hoya asked.

Woohyung wiped away the tear and sniffled. "Yeah I'm fine."