Chapter 6

Those Three Words

'An Anniversary to Remember.....Forever'

Jurin stirred a bit in her sleep, mumbling. *Aigoo, she's so angelic when she's sleeping.* Sunggyu thought. He came over early in the morning to surprise Jurin with his homemade breakfast that she loved so much for their anniversary.

*I should be quiet. She must be tired from all her reports she had to do last night. I can't wait for our anniversary date tonight.* Sunggyu leaned in and pecked her lightly on the forehead.

--------

The sweet smelling aroma of food cooking woke Jurin up. The familiar smell of Sunggyu's cooking was very recognizable.

She did her morning routine and headed towards the kitchen to see Sunggyu busy making breakfast while singing softly.

She stood at the doorway and listened to his mesmerizing voice. *I wonder why he didn't become an idol. He's so good at singing, but then again I wouldn't want to share my Gyugyu with a million other fan girls.* She chuckled to herself.

Jurin walked towards Sunggyu and wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his back.

Sunggyu jerked up in surprise and realized it was his girlfriend.

"Good morning Juju." He smiled and pecked her lips.

"Good morning Gyugyu." She chuckled.

"Guess what day is it?" Sunggyu looked at her with anticipating eyes.

Jurin knew what day it was. It was their anniversary, but she decided to have a little fun with him today.

She tapped her chin and pretended to be deep in thought. "Hmmm....."

Sunggyu's looked turned from anticipations to worried.

Jurin can't help but notice his cute expression. She loved how he was so detailed about everything and always paranoid.

"It's not my period though." Jurin bluntly stated.

Sunggyu's face reddened. "No. Not that. I can't believe you forgot." His shoulders slumped as he brought the plates of food to the table.

Jurin and Sunggyu fed each other their breakfast, but Jurin noticed how he was slightly unhappy and disappointed.

She placed down her fork and pushed his forehead with her finger. "Pabo."

Sunggyu was confused and rubbed his forehead.

"You actually thought I forgot it was our anniversary??" Jurin frowned.

"N-No. I-I....."

Jurin couldn't hold her laughter and chuckled lightly. "This is what I love about you. Gyugyu, you are so adorable."

"Whaaaat?"

Jurin leaned in and kissed his lips. "I have to go to school now." She skipped to her room, leaving Sunggyu dumbfounded, but happy.

--------------

Jurin and Sunggyu were walking while he was moving his flattired bike with him.

"Juju, I'm sorry. I can't even take you to school properly."

"Gyugyu...it's okay. I like walking."

"You do?"

"Okay, no, but I'm walking with you. Walking takes longer so I get to spend more time with you."

Jurin took Sunggyu's hand and interwined them together.

--------------

"Well, I'm here." Jurin sighed.

"I'll see you tonight?" Sunggyu smiled his heart melting eye smile that gets to Jurin everytime.

Jurin nodded her head and headed off to class, but Sunggyu pulled her back and gave her a light kiss before leaving.

She touched the part where Sunggyu's lips were and smiled as she watched the retreating figure.

When class ended, Jurin wanted to head to her job quickly so she can get off earlier for her date with Sunggyu.

Her boss gave her permission to leave early, but she needs to earn the approval of Woohyun since she was his stylist.

For the next few hours, Jurin tried to 'not get on his nerves' so she can earn her early dismissal.

It was a busy day so time was flying by quickly. When she had two hours left of work, her cell phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?"

"N-N-N-Noona." Myungsoo's shaky voice was heard from the other side of the line.

"Myungsoo? What's wrong? Why does your voice sound weird?"

"Hyung...S-S-Sunggyu hyung....."

Her heart started to fill with worry. "What about Gyugyu? Isn't he at work?"

"No.....H-Hyung got into an accident."

Her heart fell and she felt as if her whole world was about to crash.  Jurin dropped her cellphone and Woohyun's favorite sunglasses she was retrieving for him on the floor.

Unfortunately, the rim to Woohyun's sunglasses were dented from the fall.

Jurin picked up her phone. "I-Is he okay? I'm coming right now."

"He's in the surgery room. We are at the hospital not that far from the KBS station. Hurry noona!!!"

When she hung up, she picked up everything she dropped and ran into Woohyun's dressing room.

"About time you got here. Now where's my sunglasses??" Woohyun frowned. He was extra cranky and frustrated from the lack of sleep and thinking about Sunggyu and Myungsoo.

Jurin handed them to him. "Woohyun-sshi, I have an emergency, may I-"

"WHAT THE ! WHY ARE THEY DENT? WHAT DID YOU DO???"

"I'm sorry. I will get them fixed. But can I get off now? I have an emergency!!" Jurin begged.

Woohyun scoffed at the girl. "Like I care. You broke my sunglasses. Do you know they are one of a kind? You can't buy them anywhere!! You will stay until it's time for you to leave." He frowned.

"B-But, please, Woohyun-sshi." Tears started to form in her eyes as she knelt down in front of him.

Woohyun did not take one glance at her.

Jurin's boss came in the room. "Woohyun-ah, just let her leave. She has an emergency."

"No."

Jurin got up on her feet and wiped away the dripping tears. "Then I QUIT!!!"

Woohyun stared at her in shock. *No one talks to Nam Woohyun in such a tone.*

"Fine! Quit all you want, but make sure you pay for the sunglasses that you broke." He smirked.

"Fine. How much?"

"$300. And I want it now."

*That thing costs 300???* Jurin frowned. "Fine. Let me go to the ATM machine."

"No. What don't you understand about NOW??" Woohyun had that satisfying smirk.

Jurin looked inside her bag, but to only find $20 inside.

Her boss dug in her purse and handed her another $50. Her other co-workers helped pitch in, but the total only added up to $250.

"I only have $250."

"Well, then that's too bad. I guess I have to report you to the police. Unless........"

Jurin looked at him with hope in her eyes. *Maybe he is finally being nice?*

"You worked the rest of the day and I won't make you pay a penny."

*This guy is making my life difficult.*

"I can't."

"Then the police station it is." Woohyun wiped out his cellphone and began dialing.

"Wait......fine. You win." Jurin ducked her head as she started to cry. *Gyugyu, I hope you're okay. Please God, let him be okay! Today is our anniversary. I would give anything for him to be okay.* She prayed.

----------

For the next two hours, Woohyun was having his little fun ordering Jurin around to do simple tasks like tying his shoelace or getting him some water.

When Woohyun was doing his photoshoot, Jurin prayed again to God then called Myungsoo to see how the surgery went for Sunggyu, but he was not answering his phone. So she kept sending him texts.

"Ugh! Why can't you just get my good side!!!" Woohyun threw his hands in the air in exasperation.

"Well, I capture what you give." The photographer argued.

"Okay, okay. Let's just take a break shall we?" Jurin's boss announced, trying to lessen the tension caused by Woohyun.

Woohyun headed to his changing room and the TV. He was bored so he flipped through channels, but stopped when he saw a picture of Sunggyu on the news.

'About a two hours ago, a huge accident happened in downtown Seoul, just two blocks away from the KBS station. A young man about in his early twenties was involved in a severe accident with a few drunk drivers colliding with him, who was riding on a bike. The drunk drivers were said to have consumed an inhumane amount of alcohol and some . Two of the drivers died with one in a coma. As for the innocent biker, he was pronounced dead just minutes before this broadcast. This is the anchor Park Hayeon reporting the news tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.'

Woohyun dropped the remote when he heard about the news. *S-Sunggyu hyung....dead? How? * Woohyun's eyes turned red as he took a tissue to wipe away his visible tears.

*We didn't even reunite. Hyung, how can you die? What about Myungsoo? I have to find him. It's the least I could do.*

-----------

When Myungsoo finally answered his phone, his voice was barely audible. Immediately, Jurin knew there was some bad news, but kept her hopes up.

"Myungsoo....how is Gyugyu?"

"Noona, Gyu hyung...he...." Sobs and bawling were heard in the background. Jurin recognized it was Sungyeol and Sungjong's voices.

"No...he didn't he would never leave me. He promised."

"I'm sorry. Gyu hyung could not make it." Myungsoo sniffled.

Without any second thoughts, Jurin ran out of the studio to the hopsital. She couldn't be there when he had surgery to say her last words. This time, she definitely has to see him for the last time, even is it's his dead body.