Stage Three: Realizing It

Stages of Love

"Myungsoo, stop pouting," Sunggyu commanded. "Sungjong will be fine."

Myungsoo just pursed his lips even more.

"Why do you want to even go with Sungjong? He's only studying with Changjo."

Myungsoo bit his lip. Truthfully, he was extremely jealous and unreasonably angry. He wanted to be the one to study alone with Sungjong. He was a year older, so he could help Sungjong more, but no... Sungjong had been invited over to Changjo's dorm to sleep over and study.

Without Sungjong with him, Myungsoo didn't know what to do. He had burned his notebook, obviously not safe to keep any longer after Sungjong reading it. He wasn't sleepy and for once he was bored. He missed having the little maknae drag him everywhere and wear himself out, and by the end of the day, Sungjong would pass out in Myungsoo's arms.

And then the fantasies would rush into Myungsoo's mind. He felt like such a iac ert, thinking about Sungjong in that way. It made him feel dirty, but at the same time, he craved the boy's touch even more. His wet dreams couldn't do justice for the real thing.

Myungsoo wanted to be awake and feel Sungjong, to have his hips grinding down on the younger's. Finger would be ghosting over each other's skin. Legs would tangle around each other. Down their chests, kisses and bite marks left by the harsh treatment of their teeth and mouths.

And if there was one thing Myungsoo almost wanted above ing Sungjong senseless, it was to have the cute little maknae's full, plump lips around Myungsoo's and ing him. Other than that, ing Sungjong into his next lifetime was very deliciously appealing.

"Myungsoo! What the hell are you thinking about?!" Sungyeol exclaimed from his bunk, which was right across from Myungsoo's bed. He was eyeing Myungsoo's pants, which were extremely constricted now that Myungsoo thought about it. There was an obvious bulge in his jeans.

The younger blushed. "Uh... Ah... Nothing..." he lied.

Sungyeol raised an eyebrow, but nevertheless turned back to his book and said, "Go take care of that somewhere else."

Myungsoo sprang out of bed and sprinted to the bathroom. He took care of his problem, pretending it was Sungjong's pretty, wet mouth instead of his hand, which earned him some questioning glares from Dongwoo and Hoya as he left the bathroom because he'd let out some extra loud and throaty moans. Myungsoo didn't spare them a glance before running off, one of his personal special abilities, running from his problems.

------------------------------------------------

Myungsoo's POV
I grabbed my jacket and left the house. I didn't want to stay still and dormant in one place. Instead, my feet decided to drag me all the way to the park where Sungjong liked to play. I swung on the swings and played on the monkey bars, hanging on until my palms developed blisters.

I cringed as I thought of Sungjong with Changjo. It should be me that he's with... I don't know why, but it should be me. Changjo was an odd character, and having him alone with Sungjong didn't make me feel right. I laid down on the playground and thought about the girly maknae. He was alway bright and happy and energetic. He was one of the only people to make me genuinely smile. I would love him... If I chose to... Love... I even grimace at the word. I wasn't sure what Sungjong's preference on love was, but it was similar to mine, as said to me by that choding Sungyeol of ours.

To me, love was a burden. To love someone with all your heart took a lot of effort, effort I wasn't willing to waste on every single person I "liked" or began to "like" in that way. Keeping the love continuous was also something I wasn't willing to be committed to since humanly love has a limit.

There was always a pain love always brought with it. For being such a positive feeling, love brought a lot of negative emotions with it. Accommodating love was always pain, jealousy, rage, doubt, and fear. These are feelings I have on a regular basis already. I don't want to feel it even more because of love.

The pain of love was something I was actually afraid of. It was heart wrenching. It was something you could almost feel physically. The pain was so immense that I swear it could rip a person in half and you'd find their half of their carcass in Canada and the other half in Singapore. It was an unbearable feeling. And I was truly terrified of it's effects.

I also don't believe in love at first sight. I find that there is no such thing. If by a glance I could peek into someone's soul and find out that they are the one I'm supposed to love forever and ever, then I'd be in a dream. You can't know someone in an instance. People always say that it was love at first sight, but it is not true because you didn't know them before looking at them! Especially "childhood sweethearts" will do this. They'll say, "I'd always liked them when I was younger. I fell in love instantly!" The flaw of that: the love a child knows, understands, and harbors is that of brotherly or sisterly love, or even friendly love. They love who they're supposed to love, like their parents, brothers, sisters, cousin, but no one else. They do not know, however, the complexities of romantic love. Even I still don't understand it, which is why I avoid it so much.

It's true: I run away from my problems when I don't want to deal with them. I will always keep running from love, because like it or not, purposely or accidentally, love will come find me and I'll use my coward side and reject it.

It was getting late out, but I went back home and tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I got up and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Suddenly, I heard Hoya's phone ring. The rest of my hyungs were asleep. I walked over to the table where Hoya's phone was and set my glass down. The caller ID said that Sungjong was calling. Why would Sungjong call Hoya and not me? I was suddenly jealous that he was calling Hoya, but I set that thought aside as I wondered if Sungjong could possibly be in trouble.

"Sungjong?" I asked into the phone immediately.

"Myungsoo hyung!! Oh gods... Please help me, hyung!" Sungjong cried.

"Sung... Sungjong?! Where are you?! What happened?!" I nearly screamed, holding the phone with both hands. My heart pounded in fear as well as swelled hearing the maknae's scared and shaking voice.

"Ch-Changjo's house! He was... He tried to--" Sungjong was cut off as a door slammed.

"Making phone calls?" a soft voice said in the background, obviously Changjo's.

"Myungsoo hyung... Please help! No! Stop it, Changjo! Don't touch me!" Sungjong pleaded.

The line went dead and I dropped Hoya's phone. Without even grabbing my jacket or putting on shoes, I dashed out the door and to Changjo's house.  Upon entering the dwelling, breaking in the front door to gain entrance, I was met with a writhing unclothed Sungjong underneath a half Changjo. I instantly tackled Changjo to the floor.

Sungjong tried to get us to stop fighting, yelling at us, but we ignored him as we tugged at each other's hair and pulled at our clothes. "Fine!" Changjo screamed, retreating after I'd pinned him to the ground. "Take your ing maknae and get out of here!" he yelled.

I did so gladly, pulling on Sungjong's boxers for him and just picking up a random jacket from the floor, placing it over Sungjong's shoulders. Lifting him up bridal style, we left for home.

"Myungsoo hyung..." Sungjong said softly, nestlings his face into my chest, his arms tightening around my neck.

"Shh~~ Sungjongie..." I cooed. "We'll be home soon, and I'll take care of you. Changjo will never do that to you again... No one will. I won't let them touch you..."

"Myungsoo hyung... Kamsahamnida..."

I kissed the top of Sungjong's head. And that's when I realized... Love had caught up with me once again... And this time, I may lose...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I felt happy-ish today so I updated... Wait... That's a lie... Today was a pain in the ! >< I SWEAR that these people NEVER LEAVE ME ALONE!! The people at my shcool are so annoying and just LIVE on rumors and gossip!!! ><

Oh! And next to that? BASHING KPOP! Yeah~! That's right~ Haters at my school XP

I'm so annoyed right now >< But I hope you all enjoy the chappie~ ^^

Next chapter: ~!! ^^