Stage Six: Ignoring It

Stages of Love

Ignoring Sungjong was as hard as trying to wake Dongwoo up. It couldn't be done easily at all. It was unbearable for Myungsoo. He had to act cold and indifferent to and around Sungjong. It hurt Myungsoo immensely inside, but he had to ignore it. Everything about Sungjong he had to ignore. Sungjong's lips, his hips, his neck, his face, his voice, his legs, all of it was intangible for Myungsoo. And it was driving him insane.

Myungsoo couldn't forget the shocked and hurt expression on the maknae's face the first time he'd rejected the boy's request to go to the mall with him. Sungjong had looked like he was about to cry. His jaw dropped and his moist eyes widened. Suddenly his lip began quivering, as if trying to decide whether to cry or yell.

Myungsoo, even though he wore his poker face, was dying inside. He wanted to take back all the coldness he'd directed toward Sungjong in that instance and give him warmth... And love... Sungjong deserved love... But not from Myungsoo. No... He didn't count himself worthy to bestow his love upon Sungjong. It would only hurt the younger, so Myungsoo had turned and left Sungjong as he was, stunned and shaking.

Over the weeks, Sungjong was persistent in getting Myungsoo's attention. And each time, Myungsoo's heart hurt even more every time he answered boredly to Sungjong.

"Hyung! Do you want watermelon?"

"No. It's too sweet..."

"Hyung! Do you want pat bing soo?"

"No. It's too sweet..."

"Hyung! Do you want watermelon flavored pat bing soo?"

"No... It's too sweet..." YOU'RE too ing sweet, Sungjong!! Myungsoo wanted to scream.

Every time Sungjong clung to Myungsoo's arm, the older just gently slipped out of his hold. When Sungjong hugged Myungsoo, he didn't hug back. When Sungjong grabbed Myungsoo by the hand and tried to drag him to the park, Myungsoo just swatted Sungjong's hand away and retreated to his room. Everything Sungjong did and wanted, Myungsoo did and wanted the opposite. It was difficult for Myungsoo to reject all of Sungjong's requests and touches, and he felt like crying every time he was cold and bitter to the boy. He felt like he was no longer in control of his actions and a robot was making him be insensitive to his dongsaeng, his precious maknae.

Because of Myungsoo's harsh treatment, Sungjong retreated to the waiting arms of Hoya. If Myungsoo wouldn't give him affection, Hoya certainly would. Unknown to Sungjong was Hoya's excessive affection for the maknae. Hoya didn't just see Sungjong as a dongsaeng, but as a one sided lover. Hoya sometimes wished that Myungsoo never existed so that Sungjong would've never fallen in love with him. But Hoya withdrew that bitter wish when Myungsoo came up to him one day with a request.

"Hoya hyung!" Myungsoo called.

"What is it, Myungsoo?" Hoya asked as he paused his hip hop music.

"Hyung," Myungsoo said from the doorway. "Can you do something for me? For Sungjong's sake actually..."

Hoya sat up instantly and beckoned to Myungsoo to come closer. "What do you need?" he asked.

"You love Sungjong, neh? More... More than a friend, more than a brother..." Myungsoo said quietly.

Hoya furrowed his eyebrows and nodded slightly. Myungsoo exhaled. "I need your help to get him to fall in love with you."

"What?" he breathed in disbelief.

"I'll even help. Just... Get Sungjong to fall out of love with me and in love with you."

Hoya pursed his lips, pondering the consequences. The only thing he could think of though was getting Sungjong as his lover and ridding Kim ing Myungsoo from Sungjong's love life! Hoya could teach the little one to love. That was something Myungsoo could NOT teach Sungjong for obvious reasons. Hoya smirked and nodded.

Myungsoo smiled uneasily. Giving away his heart to Sungjong and getting nothing back... Great... Myungsoo literally had nothing left to live for...

His chest felt like he had literally tore out his beating heart and it into the flaming, white hot embers of a fiery hell. Myungsoo felt sick to his stomach. He felt as if he'd just sold Sungjong as a slave to his best friend. No... Worse... Myungsoo wasn't getting anything return for Hoya getting Sungjong to fall in love with him. Myungsoo had just GIVEN Sungjong to Hoya, as if he were a Christmas present!

"Myungsoo... Are you alright?" asked Hoya, snapping his fingers in front of Myungsoo's face.

He nodded slowly, wondering how Hoya had figured that he was disturbed. Had he let his famous poker face slip? Had he accidentally let out the slightest hint that he was completely heartbroken?

"I'm going to bed," Myungsoo said quickly, retreating to the sanctity of his own room.

Unfortunately for him, Myungsoo ran into Sungjong, who was holding a glass of milk. Sungjong dropped the glass, shattering on the floor. Stumbling in shock, Sungjong fell backwards, instinctively reaching out and grabbing Myungsoo by the front of his shirt, dragging the older down with him. Myungsoo nearly landed on top of Sungjong, if not that he had stretched his arms out and caught himself.

Sungjong was about to start yelling at Myungsoo for making him drop the glass, but stopped when he realized that Myungsoo was crying. "H-Hyung?" Sungjong said softly, uncertainly, touching his hyung's cheek gently.

Myungsoo shook his head and took Sungjong's hand away from his face, but never letting go of Sungjong's fingers, intertwining his with the maknae's. "I'm... I'm sorry..." Myungsoo cried as he leaned down closer to Sungjong.

Myungsoo kissed Sungjong sweetly, still crying softly. Confused and shocked, Sungjong slowly began to kiss back. Without even waiting for Myungsoo to silently ask, Sungjong opened his mouth for Myungsoo to explore. Myungsoo knew that this would be his last ever kiss with Sungjong, so with his tongue, he scoured every centimeter of the boy's mouth, memorizing every crevice. He on Sungjong's tongue to savor the taste of him. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss. They didn't stop. They didn't want to stop. But Hoya had come out of his room and pulled Myungsoo off of Sungjong.

"Don't you dare ever touch him again," Hoya hissed into Myungsoo's ear.

"No problem," he growled. "It was a good bye kiss." And then Myungsoo stormed off, leaving Sungjong empty inside.

Where was the warm Myungsoo that was always there for him, only him? Sungjong wondered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Omo~! Thank you for all the hugs~!! >< I really needed them~ ^^ <3 Hope you are furious with Myungsoo enjoyed the update~!! ^^ <3 XD <3