Stage Fourteen: Regaining Strength

Stages of Love

"Myungsoo hyung..."--hic!--"I need you..."--hic!--"Please... Hyung... Come back, pl-- Message deleted... Message number twenty... Myungsoo hyung, I-- Message deleted... Message number--" Myungsoo snapped his phone shut.

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. That was only the twentieth message out of nearly fifty. All of them were from Sungjong. Hearing Sungjong's voice ignited a hidden fire deep within his soul, but it also crushed his heart. That voice had moaned out a name that was not his. That voice belonged to the boy who had left Myungsoo. No wait... Myungsoo had pushed him away, but still... Sungjong...

Myungsoo didn't know what to think anymore, or what to say, or do. He just knew that he was hurting. But ironically, he could feel nothing. "You need to face him," Sunggyu said, a cup of coffee in his hands.

Myungsoo just gazed at him blankly. "Myungsoo... You need to claim Sungjong back.

"Myungsoo turned his head away, his heart aching at the name. Sunggyu huffed. He wouldn't get Myungsoo to do anything by stating things nicely. He needed to yank Myungsoo out of this depression, make him snap.

"Myungsoo! Stop sulking!" Sunggyu yelled. "Do you think I really want to be here trying to get you off this couch and back with Sungjong?! I've been here with you for three ing weeks already! Just get off your and go get Sungjong already! Don't you get that Hoya and Sungjong are NOTHING compared to you and Sungjong?"

Myungsoo shook his head. "Sungjong needs someone strong, even by themselves... I'm weak. I'm weak with Sungjong, and without him."

"Myungsoo, I want you to listen to me carefully and obey me, arasso?"

The younger nodded, glancing up at Sunggyu as the older set his mug down. Sunggyu suddenly gripped the front of Myungsoo's shirt and hauled him upward, yelling in his face, "Get off your lazy and get back to Sungjong! You're being stupid and denying a clear piece of heaven! Do you WANT Sungjong to be with Hoya?! If you do, stay here, but if you want to follow your heart, I suggest that you man up and go win Sungjong back from Hoya!"

Myungsoo paused, poker face never revealing the fact that he was intently thinking. Sunggyu smirked, internally joyful as he caught a glimpse of the cold fire within Myungsoo's eyes. He was back! Myungsoo was back, and all fired up to go get Sungjong! Myungsoo was tired of being weak. He wanted--no...  NEEDED to be strong for Sungjong. Why was he always running away from his problems? Why was Sungjong a problem? But that was it! Sungjong wasn't a problem! He never was! It was Myungsoo, only Myungsoo! His mind and he were just stupid and wouldn't take the easy way out of this situation. But now, his heart had finally won!

Myungsoo sprang up and Sunggyu drove him back to the dorm. Upon entering, Sunggyu sought out Woohyun, hugging and kissing him, saying he missed him. Myungsoo found Hoya outside of the door that led to Woohyun's room. "Sungjong! Please!" Hoya pleaded. Myungsoo smirked in triumph when there was no reply, but it also worried him. Why was Sungjong so silent? He rushed over and pushed Hoya aside. "Sungjong?!" he called, jiggling the handle to make it open, only to find it locked. "Sungjongie! Open up! It's Myungsoo!"

Myungsoo took a step back as he heard footsteps from the other side of the room approach the door. He heard the door unlock and braced himself for a hug, but instead, he had a book thrown in his face as well as the door shortly after. "What the hell?" he and Hoya breathed. Suddenly a slip of paper from underneath the door hit Myungsoo's foot. Hoya crawled over and picked it up, reading it. Suddenly his ears and cheeks flushed pink and he tore the top half of the paper off and threw it away.

"He called me a 'ing liar' and a 'y bastard of a boyfriend that I never wanted,'" he explained softly. "I guess our relationship is over..."

Myungsoo took the other half of the note from Hoya. It had one sentence: "Read the book."

Myungsoo glanced down on the cover of the book. It read:

How to Win Lee Sungjong Back: Kim Myungsoo Edition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Annyeong, my lovely readers!! ^^ <3 I may not be able to update nearer to Christmas, and I'm sure you'd want to hang out with all your family and friends on that day, so I'm updating now~ ^^

Merry Christmas~!! <3
God bless you all~ ^^ <3