Stage Thirteen: Gone

Stages of Love

It's been a week... Myungsoo hasn't come back to the dorm. Sungyeol refuses to be in the same room as Dongwoo. Dongwoo hasn't been sleeping well. Woohyun doesn't smile. And Sunggyu had left a week ago to search for Myungsoo, and he hasn't returned since. And what of Hoya and Sungjong?

Hoya was never happy. He treated Sungjong like a princess, but Sungjong didn't want it. He pushed Hoya away. Hoya realized he'd made a mistake. Sungjong was torn and broken, like Myungsoo. Hoya didn't have joy because Sungjong was unhappy, but what Sungjong wanted, Hoya wouldn't give him.

Giving Sungjong to Myungsoo was counterproductive for Hoya. Hoya wanted to believe that Sungjong and Myungsoo were not true lovers. He wanted to be Sungjong's lover, not Myungsoo. Every hour that passed by made Hoya despise Myungsoo more and more. He hated those soft cheekbones, smooth skin, silky voice, neatly styled hair, tone torso, strong legs, and most of all, those cold, piercing eyes. He hated Myungsoo with all his heart.

Sungjong was broken without Myungsoo. He still loved Hoya as his hyung, but it wasn't right for them to be dating. Sungjong had already mentally cut off that kind of connection with Hoya. Sungjong couldn't feel anything more than brotherly love for Hoya. That was the only kind of love he had left. Myungsoo was his true love. Only Myungsoo could have it, and with him gone, that love was lost. Sungjong felt as if he could never love again unless it was Myungsoo, which was why he kept pushing Hoya away. He tried to tell Hoya that they were over, but Hoya wouldn't have it. Sungjong had to be Hoya's.

Hoya banged on the door of Woohyun's room. Since Sunggyu had been gone for a while and Sungjong was avoiding Hoya, Sungjong decided to room with Woohyun. "Sungjong!!" Hoya yelled through the door. "Open up! Please!"

Sungjong never left that room. Sungyeol or Woohyun would bring his meals to him. And whenever he needed to go to the bathroom, he had Sungyeol keep a look out to see if Hoya was around. If he wasn't, he'd go, but if he was, he'd stay until Hoya left.

Sungjong drowned out Hoya of all noises the most. Ever since Myungsoo left, Sungjong was always sad or pissed. He zoned out easily and quit smiling. It bothered everyone. The Sungjong that would laugh and play around was gone. The Sungjong that bothered his hyungs constantly and complained like a diva was gone. The Sungjong who loved lemon candies and was so active and energetic was gone. That Sungjong was replaced by a moody, emo, sad, pissed, lost teenage boy. Sungjong was not the same because his heart was gone... Gone with Myungsoo.

Meanwhile, an hour away from the dorm was Sunggyu and Myungsoo in the summer cottage. Sunggyu didn't return to the dorm after finding Myungsoo because he knew leaving the younger alone was dangerous to Myungsoo's own health. Already this morning, Sunggyu had to pry a steak knife out of Myungsoo's hands, evaded being hit by Myungsoo's punches, and reassure him that he wasn't Hoya. Right now, Myungsoo was lying on the couch crying his heart out.... For the fifth time...

Sunggyu sighed, helpless in curing Myungsoo. Myungsoo needed strength, courage, reassurance, and that cold fire always embedded in his eyes, but all of that was gone. Myungsoo's cute eye smile was gone. His poker face was gone. His strength was gone. His will to live was obviously thrown out the window. His heart and soul... Both crushed underfoot. Sungjong was gone... Myungsoo had nothing to live for if Sungjong was gone.

Sunggyu was lost. He didn't know what to do anymore. All seemed hopeless and lost. He knew that he should confront Hoya about this, but Myungsoo needed to learn to love first. One who does not know how to love cannot possibly take care of one who wishes to be loved.

Sunggyu sighed. Myungsoo needed to regain his strength... Myungsoo needed to be found, but he knew already... Myungsoo was gone...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And so begins all of the torturous Myungsoo break downs TT^TT I feel bad for Sunggyu having to watch over him like that XD But he's a good hyung~ ^^ <3 Christmas is coming soon and I'm so excited!! ^^ Who else is?! And just as a heads-up! I WILL update again nearer to Christmas! It will be my present to all of you~ ^^ <3 SARANGHAE~!!! <#