Stage One: Admitting It

Stages of Love

"Admit it," Sungyeol said.

"Admit what?" asked Myungsoo bitterly.

"You like Sungjong!" Woohyun insisted.

Myungsoo shook his head. "No... I don't..." he answered hotly.

"Just say you are and be done with it!" Woohyun exclaimed, shaking Myungsoo by the elbow.

"The sooner you confess, the less time it will take for Sungjong to confess," Sungyeol said. Myungsoo glared at him.

"What're you talking about?" 

"Can't you see? You and Sungjong like each other!"

Myungsoo wrinkled his nose and pushed Woohyun off of him. "I do NOT like Lee Sungjong!" he yelled, exiting the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungjong had been playing with his white stuffed teddy bear when he heard his hyung slam the door to Woohyun and Sunggyu's room. He waited a moment. Myungsoo would either come to Sungjong and vent to him or go lay down and fall asleep.... Either way, he had to come into Sungjong's room, which he shared with Myungsoo and Sungyeol. 

"Argh~!!! They won't leave me alone!!" Myungsoo yelled, shaking his head and slamming the door upon entering.

"What's wrong, Myungsoo hyung?" Sungjong asked.

Myungsoo flopped down onto Sungjong's bed, laying flat on top of his lap. "Can we kick Sungyeol out of our room tonight, Jongie?" he asked, shooting puppy eyes. 

Sungjong set his bear between him and Myungsoo as a barrier, a wall neither of them were allowed to cross. "Why?" he asked. "What happened?"

Myungsoo froze and bit his lower lip. He didn't want to explain the situation to the maknae. "Never mind...." he said, about to get up, but Sungjong took his foot and placed it behind Myungsoo's neck, locking his head between Sungjong's legs. 

"What is it, hyung?" he growled more threateningly than questioningly.

"Sungjong..." Myungsoo said softly, removing Sungjong's leg from his neck and climbing up his younger friend's body to rest his head on his chest. "Do you... Like me? In the way that... That..."

"Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung do?" finished Sungjong. 

Myungsoo, slightly shocked at his understanding, nodded. 

Sungjong bit his lip and took a deep breath. "No..." he said quickly. He shoved Myungsoo off of him. "What about you, hyung?" he asked.

"I can truthfully say that I don't like you in that sense..." he said, climbing into his own bunk.

Sungjong and Myungsoo's hearts had the same reaction at each other's words. It hurt... It really did, even if they knew they were bluntly stating that they really did like each other. But to them, it wasn't just liking each other. They were absolutely in love, deeper than liking, more than brothers, close on the inside, but distant on the outside.

They were tearing each other apart by the same words and the same rejection. What one did, the other mirrored. It was to be their own fault and demise, as well as their unknown bridge of intimacy and love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: WHOO!! Despite being ill, I am extremely happy today and decided to update!!! ^^ next chapter, just as a forewarning, will have ! *^^* god I bet it , but who cares! XD is ! ㅋㅋㅋ anyways! I hope you guys will love and support this fic! *^^* /hugs you all because I'm so incredibly happy! XD ㅋㅋㅋ 사랑해!! Wow~ Wait.... I never realized how short this chapter was!!! o.o Well~ I promise you that the next chapter will be MUCH longer~ ^^ <3