Prologue: What's Different?

Stages of Love

What made the dark, isolated Myungsoo and the hyper little diva Sungjong click in similarity was what was hidden on the inside. Three things about them were alike.
 


One - Their ual Orientations:

Both were gay. Not that gay as in "I'm gonna flaunt around the flamboyancy that's defined as 'gay.'" No... Sungjong does enough of that when he becomes Diva!Jong during his random yet funny cross dress dance performances for talent shows. Both Myungsoo and Sungjong were gay in the way that they could never be seduced by a woman.
 


Two - Their Love Lives

Neither admitted it and the only one who noticed were Sungjong and Myungsoo's five hyungs - Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, and Sungyeol. No one else could see that Sungjong and Myungsoo were madly and irrevocably in love with each other. Neither of the two would confess it, nor did they see the love for each other. They were blind to reality, shielding themselves in an easily shattered fort that protected them from an obvious truth.
 


Three - Their Preferences on Love

Love was the same to both Myungsoo and Sungjong. They didn't like the idea of it. They didn't like the overrated-ness of it all. They didn't want the hurt, the stress, the commitment, or anything to do with it. They kept themselves huddled inside a hole not wanting to be blindsided by a sudden love situation. They both knew love was inevitable, but rejecting love took no effort. Therefore, they evaded everything that had to do with a romantic relationship of any kind.

Sungjong and Myungsoo both knew that they were absolutely infatuated with each, but had had a silent agreement in the beginning to act like there was nothing more than brotherly friendship. They were satisfied for a time, but soon the emotion that accompanies heartbreak and love followed.

Jealousy...

Myungsoo became jealous of those around Sungjong. And now he frequently questioned himself on whether his preference on love was flawed.