School Trip

Quiet Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been three months since Ga Eun entered in Seoul High School and now she was getting used to the school, even though the students kept scoffing her and bullying her but IKON always came to help her and she always was thankful for that. Also her friendship with IKON grew up a lot, especially with Hanbin. She also tried to avoid her dad as much as possible and she barely sees him these days. Meanwhile Hanbin, he and Hanbyul went back to their house as he got irritated by his father and his father promised him not to disturb him like that again. Since it's May, which means also the almost end of the spring, the school decided to do a school trip for a week at Jeju Island. 

 

- " As you can see, the school decided to organized a school trip for the end of the spring before starting summer and all of you start your summer vacations. Anyways, I will pass all of you the permission of the trip and I need your parents to sign it and I hope you don't falsificate them. In the permission, there is also a list of the stuff you need to bring for the trip and remember to pass me all the permission with your parents sign at the end of the week. ". Mr Ko said as he finished passing the papers. " Now you are free to do whatever you want ". He said as he grabbed his stuff and left the classroom. Then the bell rang and then everyone started to leave the classroom. As always, Hanbin and Ga Eun were the one who leave late. As they got out of the classroom, they walked toward Ga Eun's locker, where IKON were waiting for them. Ga Eun sweetly waved at them and opened her locker as she shoved her books inside.

- " So you guys heard about the school trip? ". Jinhwan asked.

- " Yeah, I think it's going to be fun. A week at Jeju Island, ahh~ That's paradise ". Donghyuk said as he started daydreaming. Ga Eun chuckled and shook her head.

- " So Ga Eun, are you going? ". Chanwoo asked.

Ga Eun looked at him as she shrugged her shoulders and closed her locker.

- " Why don't you know? ". Junhoe asked.

- " Maybe it's because she might have problems when she goes alone and get lost ". Hanbin lied, trying to cover her secret from then. He looked at her and she gave him a thankful look.

- " Aw~Don't worry! We will be with you ". Yunhyung said as he put his arm around her shoulder. She smiled at him and nodded.

- " I'm hungry. Let's go and grab some lunch ". Junhoe said. They all nodded and started to walk toward the cafeteria, as always Hanbin and Ga Eun walked together behind the members.

- " So what are you gonna do? ". Hanbin asked. She gave him a worried look and shrugged her shoulders. " It's Wednesday so you still have two days to give the permission to Mr Ko, don't worry ". He said as he patted her shoulder. She gave him a weak smile and nodded. They entered in the cafeteria and went to the line to get lunch. As they got there lunch, they went to there usual spot. Ga Eun sat between Bobby and Hanbin and started eating her honey mustard chicken salad. 

- " I don't want to be rude, but why do you always eat salad? I mean, you are not on a diet, are you? ". Junhoe asked as he chewed his hamburger. Ga Eun looked at him and blinked multiple times.

- " At least she eats healthy, unlike you, who eats junk food ". Bobby said.

- " Well, at least I'm thin, tall and handsome ".

- " Don't forget about lazy, nagger, party pooper.... ". Donghyuk said.

- " OK, I got it! ". Junhoe blurted.

Ga Eun pulled out her phone and started typing and showed it to Junhoe.

 

" I just like eating salad. I'm not on a diet anyways ".

 

- " At least she's the only one who nicely talks to me ". Junhoe said. Ga Eun giggled and continue eating. 

- " So what do you guys want to do when we go to Jeju Island? ". Jinhwan asked.

- " I want to go to the beach! ". Bobby exclaimed as he threw his arms in the air.

- " I want to go that park where there are extreme sports ". Yunhyung said.

- " I want to climb to the mountains ". Donghyuk said.

- " Me too! ". Chanwoo said and highed-five with Donghyuk.

- " I just want to stay at the hotel. I'm gonna swim at the pool ". Junhoe said.

- " Just as a lazy party pooper.... ". Donghyuk mumbled and earned a smack on his head by Junhoe. " AH! That hurts! ".

- " My feelings are hurt, you idiot ". Junhoe said as he glared at Donghyuk and went back to eat.

- " And you Hanbin? What do you want to do at Jeju Island? ". Jinhwan asked.

- " Mm... I don't know. I still haven't thought about it yet ". He said.

- " And you Ga Eun? ". Yunhyung asked. Ga Eun thought for a moment while looking at the ceiling and then snapped her fingers. She then grabbed her phone and started typing.

 

" I want to have a walk around the island. To know about it and explore it ".

 

- " You haven't been in Jeju Island before? ". Donghyuk asked and she shook her head.

- " Well, that's a great opportunity for you! ". Bobby said with a grin.

- " I could give a tour since I was born there ". Jinhwan said. Before Ga Eun could type, Hanbin stopped her.

- " You know what? Having a walk won't be a bad idea ". He said.

Everyone stared at him.

- " What? ". Hanbin asked. Then looked at Ga Eun who was smiling at him.

 

" That will be good too. I won't be alone then ".

 

He smiled by the message and ruffled her hair. She smiled at him and continue eating her lunch. Hanbin looked up and saw the members smirking and wiggling their eyebrows at him.

- " Stop it! ". Hanbin mouthed. Some of the members silently laughed as they continue with their lunch while the rest gave him an ' OK ' sign. Hanbin sighed and looked at Ga Eun eating. He felt his heart skipping again and this time his heart beated really fast than before.

During three months, Hanbin started to take care of Ga Eun when she was in trouble. Also during that time, he started to envelope feelings for her and has a crush on her. Ever since then, he started to be more protective toward her, he even stopped flirting with girls, tried to avoid skipping classes and he always check if Ga Eun was okay. Also when he sees one of s near her, he starts to get jealous or annoyed just watching them talking, even though they are friends.

 

He chuckled by his heart beating fast. " So this is how love feels like, right? I wonder if you also have feelings for me ". He thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Classes has finished and it was time to go home. Ga Eun and Hanbin walked together on the corridors as he explained her his situation about his father and his stepmother. She carefully and thoughtfully listened to him without interupping him. That was one of the reasons Hanbin likes her. She was very attentive toward him and she was always listening to him. Aside from Bobby, she was the only one who knows he secret and also who thoughtfully listens to him. As they arrived at the school gates, she turned to Hanbin.

- " I will walk you home ". He suggested. She smiled and shook her head. She pulled out her phone and started writing.

 

" It's okay, I can walk alone. Besides, you should pick Hanbyul up ".

 

- " Are you sure you will be OK? ". He asked. She nodded and gave him one of her sweet smiles. He sighed and nodded in agreement. " Okay, but text me if you arrived safe ".

She gave him an ' OK ' sign with her fingers and waved at him before walking away. Hanbin looked at her leaving and sighed. " I hope she arrives safe at home ". He thought and started to walk toward Hanbyul's school.

 

 

Ga Eun was walking around her neighborhood, enjoying the warmness of the sun and the fresh air of the spring. She was wondering about how she could get a sign of her dad without getting beaten. She sighed by the thought. " I will never get his permission. I guess I will not going there ". She then twisted the doorknob and opened the door as she stepped in, she looked up and saw her dad glaring at her and with a wood stick on his right hand. She nervously gulped and silently approached to him until she sensed the smell of alcohol in the air.

- " Where have you been you little ? ". Her father mumbled as he approached to her. She took two steps back, shaking by the fear as her dad tightened the grip on the stick. " I ASKED YOU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! ". Then he hit her in her arm with the stick. Ga Eun silently whined in pain as tears started to form in her eyes. He kept hitting her with the stick around her upper body and pushed her against the wall, making the flower vase fell on ground and broke into hundreds of pieces. She covered herself with her arms as protection while her dad kept hitting her and cursing at her.

- " YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BORN IN THAT WAY! YOU SHOULD HAVE DIE INSTEAD OF YOUR MOM, YOU STUPID ! ". He yelled and then hardly hit her on her head and she fell on her floor. Luckily, she didn't faint and could get her conscience back but her forehead started to bleed and blood rolled down on the sides of her head. Her dad stopped hitting and let the stick fell on the ground. " WHY DON'T YOU DISAPPEAR IN THIS WORLD?! I WANT YOU OUT OF MY HOUSE FOREVER! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! DIE YOU ! ". He yelled and gave a final kick on her stomach before storming away of the house. Silently sobbing, she slowly got up and then went upstairs until she arrived at her bedroom. 

 

" Why are you doing this to me? Why do you always hit me? What did I do to deserve your hatred and anger? Is it really my fault that mom died? We used to be happy together, you used to give me warm hugs and sweet kisses. Now you just give punches and kicks and yell at me like I'm kind of an animal ". She thought as she pulled out her suitcase and started to pack her clothes, her stuff, her photos of her and her mom, some souvenirs and then zipped the suitcase. " If you want me to disappear, fine. I will disappear of your life forever and I will never come back ". Ga Eun thought before taking a last look of her bedroom before heading downstairs and leaving the house..... forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ms Moon was at her house reviewing and correcting her classroom's homeworks and exams. As she was looking through them, she heard the sound of the bell. She looked up at the door.

- " Who could it be at this time? ". She wondered as she stood up and headed toward the front door. She asked who it was, there was no response. Confused, she opened the door and her eyes widened. " Ga Eun-ah! ". Ms Moon exclaimed in horror as she saw blood falling down her forehead. She grabbed her arms and Ga Eun slightly wrinkled her nose telling that she got hurt at there. Ms Moon's eyes then landed on the suitcase and now she realized the situation. " Let's go inside first ". She said and then dragged Ga Eun inside of her house. The first Ms Moon did was getting a first-aid kit from the bathroom and then dragged Ga Eun to the living room and started to treat her head. As she finished wrapping a white gauze around her head, she then treated her arms. She started to feel bad seeing the dark purple bruises again as she was applying oinment over them. After finishing, she headed to the kitchen to get a warm cup of tea for Ga Eun. Minutes later, she came back with a warm cup and handed to Ga Eun. Ga Eun thanked her with a nod and wrapped her fingers around the cup, feeling the warm around her fingers.

- " What happened? Did your dad do this to you? ". Ms Moon asked. Ga Eun just nodded while looking down. " Why? ". Ga Eun just shrugged her shoulders. " So you left the house? ". Ga Eun's tears started to fall and slowly nodded. Ms Moon sighed and reached toward her and pulled her into an embrace. " You did well. You did well to come here. You can stay here whenever you want ". Ms Moon said as she gently her hair. Ga Eun couldn't contain her emotions as she silently sobbed in Ms Moon's shoulder and let the tears fell. Ga Eun was now heartbroken. She lost her mom, her dad hated her, in her school they bullied her and she was getting stress for not being able to talk. She wanted to be normal like others, she wanted to talk, she wanted to sing, she wanted to read things loud, she wanted to hear her laugh, her voice.

" Why must be me? Why did I born in this way? Why me? Why? ". She thought and kept sheding tears on Ms Moon's shoulder.

 

After releasing all her sadness and stress, Ms Moon guided her to her new room. It was painted in a light blue color, it had a simple bed, a desk, a wardrobe and a window. It was simple, but it was enough for Ga Eun. She placed her suitcase near the desk and looked around the door.

 

- " The bathroom is at the end of the corridor, near the stairs. You can take a shower and then you can come downstairs to eat ". Ms Moon said. Ga Eun thanked her with a bow. Ms Moon nodded and left so Ga Eun could have time to adjust at the new enviroment. Ga Eun sighed and the first thing she did was to opened her suitcase and pulled out some comfortable clothes and two picture frames of her and her mom and placed them on the desk. Then she took her clothes and headed to the bathroom. After taking a long and warm shower, she dried her hair and changed into her comfortable clothes.

 

 

Ga Eun's outfit:

 

 

She put a new gauze around her head and left the bathroom, heading to her new bedroom to get the permission. She slowly went downstairs and spotted Ms Moon correcting the homeworks. Ga Eun nervously bit her bottom lip and approached to her putting the permission behind her. When she arrived at there, she stood there, waiting for Ms Moon to look up.

- " You came? ". Ms Moon asked as she looked up with a sweet smile. Ga Eun weakly smiled back and nodded. " Do you need something? ". Ms Moon asked. Ga Eun took a deep breath and held out the permission and placed it on the table. " What's this? ". She asked as she grabbed the permission and started reading it. " Ah, it's a permission for the school trip, right? ". Ga Eun nodded in agreement. " Do you want to go? ". Ga Eun nodded again. Ms Moon looked back at the paper and then grabbed a pen and signed. " Here ".  Ga Eun looked at her with surprise and blinked multiple times. " If you are going there, we should go shopping to get all the stuff, right? ". Ms Moon asked. Ga Eun slowly nodded. Ms Moon smiled and her arm. " OK, then be free to do whatever you want today. If you want to go out, be back at 8, OK? ". Ga Eun blinked her eyes twice before nodding. Ms Moon smiled at her and went back with her work. Ga Eun bowed at her and went back to her bedroom. Ms Moon glanced at her and smiled. " She needs to be free for once. I won't let her be inside of the house forever ". She thought as she smiled to herself feeling proud of what she has done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hanbin was at his bedroom laying on the bed while looking at the ceiling. He was thinking about Ga Eun again, this time, he was thinking about how to confess to her. " How should I confess to her? Hey Ga Eun, I was thinking about the past three months we spend together and I was wondering.... if you want to be my girlfriend? No that's to lame. Yah Ga Eun! Be my girlfriend. No! That sounds so rude and direct! Would you like to be my girlfriend? Aishhh that won't work too.... ". He thought as he ruffled his hair in frustration and sat up. He grabbed his phone and started looking through the contacts and tapped Ga Eun's number and opened the message so he could write to her. " Should I send her a message? ". Before he could write, he received a text, from Ga Eun. His eyes widened and immediately looked at it.

 

 

" Can we meet? ". - Ga Eun

 

A smile appeared on his face but tried to control his emotions and acted cool.

 

" Sure, where? ". - Hanbin

 

" At the park near Hanbyul's school ". - Ga Eun

 

" OK, I will be there in 5 minutes ". - Hanbin

 

" I will be waiting ". - Ga Eun

 

 

Hanbin smiled as he jumped from the bed and started looking through his large closet some clothes that he could wear. He wanted to look nice to her, even if there were just meeting. He then changed into his new clothes and headed to the bathroom and brushed his teeth.

 

Hanbin's outfit:

 

 

 

 

He looked through the mirror and fixed his hair. Then he looked at himself and smiled. " Perfect ". He said. Then he looked at the phone and his eyes widened. " Crap! I'm late! ". He said as he left his bedroom and ran downstairs. 

- " Where are you going? ". Yuna asked as she appeared from nowhere.

- " To meet someone ".

- " Oh really? Who? ".

- " None of your business ". He said as he left the house and closed the door. Yuna sighed and went to her bedroom. 

Hanbin took a bus and started to get nervous. " Come on, go faster! I need to be on time! ". He bit his bottom lip nervously as he looked at his phone every five seconds. Then when the bus stopped at Hanbyul's school, Hanbin immediately got off and started running toward the park. As soon as he arrived, he noticed a girl with a white gauze around her head sitting on a bench while looking at the ground. 

- " Is that Ga Eun? ". He mumbled to himself. " What happened to her head? ". He then slowly approached to her. When he stood in front of her, she looked up and smiled and waved at him. He frowned when he saw some blood on her gauze. " What happened to your head? ". He asked in a serious tone while pointing at her head. Her smile faded away and was replaced with a sad one and looked down. 

Hanbin kneeled down and grabbed her shoulders. " Tell me, did your dad do this to you? ". He asked. Ga Eun kept looking away as she slowly nodded. Hanbin sighed in frustration as he stood up and grab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter