Learning About Me

Quiet Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ga Eun slowly opened her eyes but quickly shut them since she felt a pain on her head. She opened them again and looked around. She noticed that she wasn't in her room. She got panicked and immediately sat up as she looked around until her eyes landed on the girl she was trying to save. The girl leaned her head at her right while innocently blinking multiple times. Ga Eun also blinked.

- " Are you OK? Are you feeling better? ". The girl asked. Ga Eun just nodded as she stared at the girl. " I should tell to oppa that you are awake. OPPA! The pretty unnie is awake! ".

Ga Eun slightly blushed when the girl called her pretty. Seconds later, Hanbin and Bobby entered in the room. Bobby immediately went besides her.

- " Ga Eun-ah! Are you OK? Does your head hurt a lot? ". Bobby asked like crazy as he checked her. Ga Eun giggled and nodded. Bobby sighed in relief. " Gosh, you scared me. I thought you wouldn't wake up quickly ". Ga Eun patted his shoulder telling that she was fine. Then she looked around with curiosity. " If you are wondering where you are, you are at my place ". Bobby responded with a grin as Ga Eun formed an ' O ' shape with .

- " Unnie, why can't you speak? ". The girl asked. Ga Eun turned her attention to the girl.

- " Hanbyul-ah, you shouldn't ask that ". Hanbin said.

- " I just want to know. How can a pretty unnie like her can't speak? I bet she has a beautiful voice ". Hanbyul said with her cute smile. Ga Eun looked at her and giggled.

- " Hanbyul... ". Hanbin said but Ga Eun stopped him as she shook her head with a smile. She looked at Bobby and mimicked like she was writing, telling if he has a paper and a pencil.

- " Wait.... ". Bobby said as he stood up and looked for a notebook and a pencil on his desk. Ga Eun looked back at Hanbyul and her cheek, which made Hanbyul to giggle. Hanbin looked at it and softened.

Then Bobby came back with a notebook and a pen and handed them to Ga Eun. She opened the notebook and started writing. Hanbyul looked at her with sparkling eyes, wondering what was she writing. Ga Eun finished writing and showed the message to Hanbyul.

 

" I didn't have any voice since I was born. My parents noticed it when I turned four since normally little children started talking at that age ".

 

- " So you can't speak anything? Including a word? ". Hanbyul asked. Ga Eun shook her head. " That must be sad. It must be difficult for you talk with people ". 

Ga Eun gave a weak smile and shrugged her shoulders. 

- " Hanbyul-ah, can you and Bobby got something to eat for her? ". Hanbin asked.

- " Sure. Bye unnie! Oh! And I'm Hanbyul, Hanbin's little sister ". She said as she grabbed Bobby's hand and dragged him out of the room. Ga Eun giggled by her cuteness and placed the notebook on the nightstand. Hanbin sat at the edge of the bed and looked at her.

- " Are you feeling better? ". He asked. She just nodded. He cleared his throat and talked to her again. " I was going to give your backpack back when I noticed that you were getting beat by Winner ". He said. " Thanks for saving my sister ". He finally said. Ga Eun looked at him and smiled with a nod. Hanbin smiled back and looked down as he started to play with his fingers. " Is that okay if I ask you what happened to your knees? ". He suddenly asked. Ga Eun looked at him and she didn't know how to respond him. " I know that I shouldn't interfered in personal things but I'm just worried about you ". He said as he looked up and their gazes met. 

 

Ga Eun softened. " Are you really worried about me? ". She thought. She grabbed the notebook and started writing and then she showed it to him.

 

" Can you keep this as a secret? ".

 

Hanbin looked at her and saw that she was looking at him with pleading eyes while waiting for his answer.

 

- " Sure ".

 

" But first, I need my phone ".

 

Hanbin looked around and looked for her blazer until he found it and handed her her phone. She thanked him with a nod and started writing. Nervousness and curiosity were invading in Hanbin's mind. There were so many questions he wanted to ask. Then he snapped from reality when Ga Eun showed her phone to him.

 

" My dad abuses me. He blames my existence and he blames that I caused the death of my mom. Ever since they figure out that I couldn't talk, my mom took me to a treatment to learn how to use my ears and how can I communicate with people. But then my dad started to gamble and used all the money for bets. My parents had a fight so my mom went to Seoul to refresh her mind but then she died in a car accident. That's the reason why we moved to Seoul, after hearing the news, my dad was so devastated and he kept blaming himself for the death of my mom. Then he started to drink and he would let his anger go by hitting me and blaming for my disability. If I wasn't mute, I shouldn't be having treatments and then my dad wouldn't gamble and my mom would still be alive ".

 

Hanbin was speechless after reading Ga Eun's message. He didn't expect that. He always thought that he has the worst life ever but now knowing Ga Eun's life, he was wrong. Hanbin looked at her and saw that she was looking down as she sheded some tears and started to fall on the blanket. He reached his hand to her cheek and softly wiped her tears away. Ga Eun looked up shocked but then relaxed. 

 

- " Don't worry, your secret is safe with me ". He gave her a small smile. She smiled and took his hand away and grabbed it with both of her hands, then she noticed that he had some blood on is knuckles. She looked up at him with panic, wondering what happened to him. He looked down at his hand and realized the situation.

- " Ah, if you are wondering what happened to my hand? I fought with Winner and I gave Mino a nice punch on his face ". Her eyes widened and Hanbin slightly chuckled. " Don't worry, I didn't kill him ". She sighed in relief. She looked at his hand and started to his knuckles. Hanbin didn't expect that but he then relaxed. The feelings of her soft fingers caressing his hand made him remember to his mother. She would always comfort him by his hands, that would calm him down. As she kept his hand, the door opened and she immediately pulled her hand away from his and awkwardly scratched her neck.

Hanbyul came back with a tray of pumpkin porridge and a glass of water and placed it on Ga Eun's lap. She thanked Hanbyul with a smile and slowly started to eat. Bobby came back seconds later and closed the door behind him.

 

- " My mom said that you should stay here, it's already late so just be comfortable. I will take you to school tomorrow ". Bobby said.

 

Ga Eun shook her head in response.

 

- " You are injured so it's better if you stay here for tonight ". Hanbin insisted. Ga Eun sighed and gave in and continue eating. As she finished, Hanbyul took the tray and left the room while Bobby handed her two painkillers meanwhile Hanbin just stared at her. He didn't know why but his heart started to skip a beat. " Strange. I never felt something like this before ". He thought. After taking the medicine, Bobby suggested to everyone to leave so Ga Eun could take a rest. Bobby acommodated the blanket and patted her head before leaving the room. Silence was consuming around the room and Ga Eun sighed in relief. She rolled over the bed and faced the window, where it showed the dark sky along with a shiny moon.

 

" Mom, tell me if am I dreaming. Are these people really helping? I'm scared that if I stay here, dad will find me and dragged me to home and beat me again. Mom, I need you ".

 

Ga Eun closed her eyes as a tear fell down her cheek and sighed. She covered herself with the blanket and minutes later she fell asleep.

 

 

In Bobby's room, Hanbyul was already sleeping in Hanbin's arms. Hanbin her hair as he tried to sleep too, but he couldn't. He kept thinking of Ga Eun and wonder if she was OK. " Is she sleeping? Is she comfortable? Does she have a headache? ". He sighed and continue Hanbyul's hair. 

- " Hey B.I ". Bobby whispered while he was laying on the bed. " Are you sleeping? ".

- " No ". He responded.

- " Can't you sleep? ".

- " Hmmm.... ".

Bobby sat up and looked at B.I, who was laying on the ground with a blanket over them.

- " You looked different today ".

- " How different? ".

- " Like you weren't the cold and charismatic guy I know. Your eyes showed concern, sadness and pain today ". Bobby said. Hanbin just stayed in silence. " Is it because of Hanbyul? ".

- " It's not just Hanbyul..... ".

- " Then what is it? ". 

- " I don't know. It's just.... maybe it's because of my dad, also that I want to see my mom again and..... ".

- " You are worried for Ga Eun too ".

- " What? That's ridiculous ".

- " Come on, B.I. I saw how worried you were when Ga Eun fainted and how you carried her to all the way to my house. Don't act like you don't care about her ".

- " We are different. And even if I care about her, she wouldn't be with me ".

- " And why is that so? ".

- " She doesn't deserve to be with someone like me ".

- " B.I- ".

- " I want to sleep right now, see you tomorrow ". Hanbin said as he closed her eyes. He heard Bobby sighing before laying back on the bed. Hanbin opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling. " She doesn't deserve to be with someone like me, that would hurt her even more. But why do I think about her? Is Bobby right? That I care about her? ". He shook his head as threw his thought away and closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Ga Eun woke up by the sunlights hitting her face. She narrowed her eyes as she slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes. She sighed and looked around. " So yesterday wasn't a dream after at all ". She thought and got off of the bed and tipped toe toward to the door. She slowly opened the door, trying not to make any noise and closed the door behind her. She tipped toe toward the corridors until a door opened to her right. She jumped and hit the wall with her back as she covered with her hands. 

 

- " Oh Ga Eun-ah! Good morning! ". Bobby grinned as he waved at her. She nodded in response. " How did you sleep? ". He asked. She nodded with a small smile. " Good to hear ". He said as he gently ruffled her hair. " If you want to take the shower, the bathroom is at the end of the corridor ". Bobby said. Ga Eun thanked him with a nod and slowly headed to the bathroom. After taking a warm shower for 10 minutes, she got out and dried herself with a towel, she cleaned the fogged mirror and took a look of herself. She sighed as she looked the purple bruises on her torse, the red cuts that were healing and the old scars that weren't really visibles but they were still there. She sighed again and started to get dressed. She left the bathroom all clean and with a scent of orange and mint. She was drying her hair with towel until she bumped into someone, she looked up and saw Hanbin in front of there. She gave a shy wave which made him chuckle a little.

- " Hi for you too ". He said. " Did you sleep well last night? ". She nodded. " Weren't you comfortable? ". She shook her head with a smile telling that she slept well. " Good then ". He nodded. Then there was an awkward silence between them until Hanbin cleared his throat. " I'm going to use the bathroom so... ". He scratched the back of his head. She formed an ' O ' shape with and moved at a side to allow him to pass. " Thanks ". He said and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter