Opposites do Attract

Pyra

“SO can I at least know the name of my savior?” Yvanna asked.

“Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk Nix at your service.” Eunhyuk replied with a smile.

“Well, what are you? Some kind of private agent?” Yvanna asked again confused why Eunhyuk offers his service or maybe she’s just thinking the phrase literally.

Eunhyuk stopped walking, she stopped too. He looks into her eyes and whispered, “I’m a ninja.”

Is it possible that this guy, this attractive guy actually is a ninja?  It took at least 10 seconds before she realizes that he’s just fooling around.

“You’re not good at identifying what’s a fact, bluff or a sarcasm, are you?” Eunhyuk said laughing at her.

“Go laugh your out. I’m not used to have someone to talk while walking back home. In my whole damn life I’ve been alone.” She frowns. As far as she can remember, she doesn’t have any.

Eunhyuk blocked her way, “Hey.” He runs his hands smoothly into his hair. “I’m sorry”

“Uhmm. For what?” she asked, confused what did he do wrong.

He places his right hand on the back of his head and slightly bit his lips. “I d-don’t know. I just notice that you suddenly became sad after what I’ve just said.”

“It’s nothing.” She said and continue walking until she reaches her apartment’s entrance, “Still want to crash in?”

“Absolutely”

⊙⊙⊙

“My unit is a mess.” She said as she searched for her keys.

“So do you think that’ll stop me from crashing in?”

She got her keys and unlock the door. “Just saying’” She smiled at him as she turns the knob and gestured Eunhyuk to enter first.

“Seriously?” Eunhyuk said after making a few observations.

“What? I did warn you it’s a mess.”

Eunhyuk hadn’t even thought that her unit was a ‘mess’, it’s really neat actually. An old black couch settled in front of a small television, two small red bean bags  were on the opposite sides of the couch. A coffee table made of scrap woods, which was obviously made by Yvanna was placed at the center. At the far end of the room was the kitchen and dining area. It’s really small, two chairs were tucked on the square dining table.

“Some drink?” Yvanna asked. “Well, water actually, I didn’t have any other drinks you can choose from”

“I’d say a cup of tea but, sure. A glass of cold water it is” Eunhyuk said and followed Yvanna into the dining area.

“As you can see I don’t have any source of  a steaming cup of tea. I don’t have a stove.”

“Why?”

“An 18 years old girl without any educational background can’t earn a great amount of money.” She said and handed him a glass of water.

“Maybe you need someone to share with the expenses around here.”

“Look, I’m not really good with ... people. I can’t even start a good conversation or I can’t even get them to like me as a friend. How am I suppose to find a roommate.”

“Tell me you’re joking about not having a friend.”

“Do I look like joking, to you?” She said and look at him with a serious face, but after a second she burst into laughter, Eunhyuk had that effect on her, she can’t understand. For a moment she realized that she had just met him for hours, but she felt really comfortable with him around.

“Well, You can start having friends. Try me” Eunhyuk said.

“Let’s see.”

Eunhyuk moved around the room like he had been there for years.

“Hey Eunhyuk, what should we get for dinner?” His name doesn’t sound foreign when she said it.

“Anything. Noticed that you call me by name, means we’re already friends.”

“Eunhyuk. Who gave a child a name like that. Sounds weird.”

“My surname, Nix, means snow in Latin. Guess I’m a winter baby.” He smiled. “What’s your name anyway?”

“Yvanna.”

“Yvanna…”

“Yvanna Ignis.”

“Whoa. Tell me your not related to the richest family in USA.”

“Of course I’m not.”

“Did you know that Ignis means Fire in Latin?” Another trivia was given by Eunhyuk.

“That’s quite ironic when I’m actually pyrophobic.”

“Do you believe that ‘Opposites do attract’?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Yes, why?”

“Because your name means Fire, and mine means Snow.”

She didn’t look at him. Didn’t know if he’s smiling or looking at her or just fooling around. But she’s smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

Subscribe, vote and comment jebal chingus X(