Come and Save Me

Pyra

“Would you please grab the blueprints at the bunkhouse?”

“Yeah, sure” Yvanna nodded and went to the bunkhouse. It’s been a week since she got here at their new construction site. It’s totally relaxing, looks like more of a vacation than work.

They’re working for  a resort, so after working hours she just let herself admire the sunset before going to bed and be captivated by the sunrise while eating breakfast.

The tide is getting low as the sun set, they’ll be working overnight for this day, they are supposed to build 70 cottages and 30 smaller rooms, but it’ll surely take months to finish.

She reached the bunk house and was searching for the blueprints when her phone rings.

“Yes, sir” She answered.

“Did you get the blueprints already?”

She spotted the blueprint tube peeking on the top of the shelf, which is out of her reach.

“Yes, sir.” She lied.

“Great, now can you please get back here, the materials ordered just came and I need someone to check if it’s complete, please”

“Yes, sir. I’m on my way.” He hangs up.

She tucks her phone into her pockets again. She held her hands up, tiptoed, stretching her body all the way up to reach the top shelf.

“Oh damn height.” She whispered. After a few minutes she still couldn’t reach it and there’s nothing she could step into. Not even a chair or a box.

“Oh, forget it.” She gives the shelf a kick. She gave an annoyed look to the tube above, then hit the shelf harder. It wobbled, she looks above again and saw the blueprint tubes falling together with the wood figurines sitting above the shelf a while ago. All falling just right above her head. She froze, eyes wide.

As she held her hands up to protect her head, the falling objects were on fire. Yvanna didn’t know or where the fire came from but she trembled just by the sight of it. Her limbs were shaking, she stepped back and lose her balance. She crawl into the back door as the fire slowly crawls inside the room which is made of wood. The blazing blueprints and figurines fell on the floor. I’m going to die. I’m going to die. She reaches for the knob, but she can’t turn it.

She gasps for air and was sweating badly. Anything, anything but not fire. She felt the room spin around her. She shut her eyes and felt her phone vibrated in her pockets. The smell of the wood and paper burning made her breathless.

“Yvanna” she heard his voice as she answered the phone. “Yva!”

Is he worried?

“E-Eunhyuk” She whispered.

“Where are you?” She can hear the panic in his voice.

“Myrtle beach.” She open her eyes, the fire was on its way up to the shelf. “Fire…”

“Just get out of there, now.”

“I can’t” Her lungs tightened, she can’t breath. She broke into tears, “I’m going to die Eunhyuk. I’m going to…” Before she can finish her sentence, a book on fire fell down just in front of her. She screamed.

“Yva!”

Yva. He used the name he gave me. Yva.He called me Yva.

It came out of his lips like it’s a fragile thing.

She felt numb, her phone fell into the floor with a thud. Everything seems to be in a slow motion. She can still hear Eunhyuk through the phone.

“Yva, are you till there?”

“Stay conscious, please”

She can’t answer, she can’t even talk. is dry. Fire. I’m going to die. Eunhyuk was still on the phone.

“Oh God, please tell me you’re alright.”

“Yva, I need you to talk to me”

“I’m gonna lose my mind right here.” Is he crying??

“Talk to me, please.”

“I’m on my way”

“Yva?”

“I’m going to get you out of there, Yva.”

She smiled. He’s coming.Her eyes felt heavy and it became difficult for her to blink. She got tired. But Eunhyuk is coming. I need to stay alive. But she can’t. She closes her eyes, and darkness takes place.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Is it alright to ask comments from you guys?

I really don't mind the "vote" thing, I just really want to know what you think about the story. 

Hope you enjoyed this I'm-on-fire-and-i'm-pyrophobic scene here!

But, please do comment, I really love the story and really am pleasured to share it with you guys, so please :'( :'(

Thank you!

 

-Authornim