Melted Like Mud

Pyra

“Hey!” Eunhyuk greeted as Yvanna arrive. “Already made dinner, ” he said then looked at the dinner table.

Yvanna follows his gaze and saw white pasta, steak and some garlic breads assembled gorgeously on the table. She looked at him suspiciously.

“What?” He said then cracked a laugh. “I cooked that.”

“You bought it,” Yvanna mock him. “Can’t fool me Eunhyuk. Can’t cook because we don’t have any stove.”

He walks till he was right on her back, he places his hands on both of her shoulder blades then guide her towards the kitchen.

“Well, I just bought one.” Eunhyuk said, nodding to the red electric stove assembled next to the sink.

“Whoa, am I in debt?” Yvanna asked, already calculating how many days she had to work just to pay Eunhyuk for the stove.

“Of course not!” Eunhyuk laughed. “Found a part-time job last week. Thought I can surprise you using my first paycheck ”

“That’s very…” sweet, Yvanna thought. “…generous. And it’s red.”

“Based on observation, red is your favorite color.”

She smiled, this boy really do pay attention.

“Now can we please at least taste my masterpiece? Took me hours to cook all of it, I’m starving.” Eunhyuk said.

He pulled a chair and gestured her to sit. He serves white pasta to her.

“You know I can do that myself.” Yvanna said, but Eunhyuk continued, placing two garlic breads on her plate.

“Go eat, I’ll just chop off the steak” He said.

“Hey, I can’t eat while you still not in your chair. Just sit down and eat with me.”

Eunhyuk grabs her fork, twirling it around her plate till the pasta wraps the fork. He held the fork in front of . “Be quiet, open your mouth then chew.” Eunhyuk said, with a sweet voice as if he’s feeding a child.

Yvanna obeyed. The food’s good, he’s a great cook indeed.

 

“There,” Eunhyuk said, relieved that Yvanna did like the dish. He continued cutting the steak into bite size pieces, he serve five pieces of chopped steak on her plate then finally sat across her.

“So, how was your day?” Eunhyuk asked as he starts preparing food for himself.

This is what Mrs. Paige told Yvanna last time they talked, they looked like a couple. They almost talk like one.

“Nothing new, sorting then checking orders of the materials for the building and stuff.” Yvanna said. “What kind of job do you have?”

“Don’t worry, nothing illegal,” He answered before taking a bite of bread. “Do you know that man on unit 17?” he mumbled, his mouth half full.

“Yes, I do, I used to babysit his kid last year. Why?”

“He congratulated me a while ago”

“Because of your work?”

“No, because he thinks that you & I were newly weds” he said, emphasizing ‘you & I’

Yvanna choked, seriously? Newlyweds?

Eunhyuk quickly grab her a glass of water, then pat her back gently.

“Thanks.”

They eat in peace, Eunhyuk told her stories about his work as a waiter in a small restaurant. He sometimes jokes around making her laugh. Yvanna gets to wash the dishes, although Eunhyuk insisted that he should do it.

They sat down on the opposite ends of the couch while watching movies, it bothers Yvanna. This is what couples do. And way far from being one.

At the middle of the movie they’re watching, Eunhyuk whispered, “Hey, want some ice cream?”

Yvanna didn’t respond, she just looks at him until he got up and reach the fridge. He went back and handed a cup of chocolate ice cream to her.

“Thanks”

“Hope you love chocolate”

“Of course I do!”

They return their attention to the movie, which shows the lead characters making love. Yvanna felt her face heat up. Okay, this is awkward.

No one talked for the whole time. Yvanna looked down to her cup to scoop some ice cream, but it was a complete liquid, like a mud. She quickly turns her head to see Eunhyuk’s cup, it was still frozen, not even a drop melted ice cream visible. Eunhyuk looked at her then at her cup.

“Oh, it melted” Eunhyuk said, he places his cup on the coffee table and hold her cup. “Let me get you a new one.”

“But yours doesn’t melt” She said as she handed him the cup. “That’s impossible.”

“Nothing's impossible” Eunhyuk smiled as he stands up.

Yvanna’s eyes followed him as he walks to the kitchen, within a second he came back and give her her cup of frozen ice cream.

She looks at him, confused. He sat down, grabs his cup and continued watching again.

She just stare on her ice cream, still thinking, cause she didn’t even see or hear that he open and close the fridge, but her ice cream was frozen.

 

------------------------------

How about Eunhyuk will be our version of Jack Frost?? :)