Someday You'll tell

Pyra

“Hey” Eunhyuk’s gentle voice welcomed her into consciousness.

“W-water” was still dry and could barely speak, she turns her head and saw Eunhyuk came back with her water, he helped her sit.

“Here.”

She starts drinking as Eunhyuk arranged her pillows so she can sit comfortably. She felt his hand at her back and his lips brushed her temple.

“How long did I sleep?” She asked, washing away her hopes that he really did kiss her.

“12 hours and a half by now” He sat at the side of her bed and put the cup on the side table.

“So I assume that I got fired by now.” She pause and laugh. “So I got fired because of a fire, huh.”

“I’m really frightened back there.” Eunhyuk was serious, he really was.

“How much should I pay for the damage?” She asked, turning the conversation away from the possibility of her hopes keeping up. Friends, that’s what they are.

“They said you’ll be free from the cost, the shelf was the only thing that got burned.”

“How long have you been here?”

“Nine hours?”

“Oh, sorry for that.”

“The doctor said you can go home if you want to.”

“Oh, I’d definitely love that. As much as I love to be in an air conditioned room, I can’t wait to see my bill.”

“No worries, Yva. The resort management took care of that.”

“Oh, that’s a good news.” She smiled pathetically.

“I’ll just go arrange your things, then we’ll go, okay?” Eunhyuk held her hands for a second, she nod.

#

Her eyes slowly opened, quite burned as she adjusts to light bulbs pass above. She felt weightless. She tilts her head and saw this man who’s carrying her. Eunhyuk.

“Where are we?” Yvanna asked.

“Just get some rest, we’re home” She can feel that he’s exhausted, she feels sorry, ashamed that Eunhyuk needs to take care of her.

“I’ll just walk from here.” She said. Eunhyuk look at her.

“No.”

She didn’t argue, she’s still dizzy and probably just stumble down. Eunhyuk walk through the living room and to her bedroom, he laid her down. He sits at the foot of her bed and gently take off her shoes and socks.

“Eunhyuk,” He looks at her. “I can do that.”

“Just for once let me take care of everything. Since I got here, before having a job, you took care of everything. Just let me pay for it, okay?”

“You’re not in debt, you don’t have anything to pay.”

He stands up and opened her drawers. Yvanna blushed, he just opens the drawer of her undies. He walks back to Yvanna and give her clothes.

“I’ll just be outside, call me if you need something” Eunhyuk as he reach the door, he got out then close the door after she nod.

#

Eunhyuk jolted hearing Yvanna’s screams. She rushed to her bedroom and saw her at the corner of her bedpost, hands covering her ears, tears rolling down her face. He sits beside her, carried to his lap, she curled down with her head leaned on his shoulders.

“Shhhh…” Eunhyuk hushed, running his hands on her hair. “It’s just a bad dream.”

“T-t-there was a fire” She said between sobs. “A-and my mom. My mom was…”

“It’s just a bad dream, love”

After half an hour, Yvanna calmed down. Eunhyuk carried her back to her bed, noticing that she’s wearing a tank top that Eunhyuk gave her the night before made her tug the blanket closer.

“I’ll just get you some water.” Eunhyuk said.

When he got back, she felt better. It’s getting clearer that she feels safer when he’s around and it bothers her a lot. He can’t be with her forever, she knows that she can’t have him.

“Sorry.” She whispered after finishing the glass of water.

“For what?”

“For being a mess.” She said. “A complete mess.”

“Yva…”

“I just don’t get it, why are you so worried?”

“I-I don’t know.” He shrugs, “That’s what friends do, right?”

“I guess so, I didn’t have friends before.”

“You’ve been away for a week, Yva.”

“The resort manager said that I could work if I’m not too busy with the construction materials so I grab it, extra income.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s good. Aside from the fact that I kinda miss you here.”

Yvanna smiled.

“You’re a terrible liar.” She laugh at him.

“What? It’s not a lie.” He smiled. “But, it’s nice to see you laughing again.”

He stand up, “I’ll let you rest, just call me if you need something.”

He was stepping out of her room when she called him.

“I-I’m frightened and really gonna lose my mind if I ever dream, about that again. Sleep with me?”

“You sure about that?” Eunhyuk asked.

“If you want to, I do trust you”

“If it’s the way to let you have a dreamless night” He walked to her bed and lay down beside her.

“Someday you can tell me what the dream is about” Eunhyuk whispered.

“Someday…”

Eunhyuk hold her hands, keeping the distance between them.

“Sleep now, I’ll be here. No matter what.”

 

-----------------------------------------------

Comments are much appreciated :)