Man on Ice

Pyra

“Why are you here?” Yvanna asked, voice trembling.

“I just want to visit my long lost baby sis. Don’t you miss me?”

“Get out.”

“Oh wait, where’s your boyfriend? The one with the icy powers?”

“It’s none of your business Miguel.”

“Don’t act like that baby sis, brothers should be at their sister’s side on her first heartbreak right?”

“Don’t even talk to me like that. We both know you’re not my real brother.” Her last line caught Miguel’s attention. He walked towards her. Did she talk too much?

“Oh yes. I’m adopted, let’s not forget about that.” He tucked her hair behind her ears and leaned down to whisper, “That’s why I’m here. You killed our parents, you know that yourself.”

When they were a kid, Miguel overheard their parents talking about him. He was a child of their cousin, since then, he became rebellious. Their parents gave everything to him, just to make the loving and caring brother and son Miguel back but they can’t. Miguel already closed his doors for his family. By the time he discovered his skills, he became more unpredictable. He caused fire in their school and the blame was always on Yvanna. He’s good at setting things up.

“I didn’t kill them! I wasn’t the one who cause the fire! It’s you!” Yvanna shouted.

“Is that right sister?? But all the evidences are pointing at you.”

“So what’s your plan? Report to the police where I am?”

“No. Of course not, my dear sister.” He looked at her eyes with so much intensity, like he’ll just turn into a fire any moment from now. “I’m going to burn you alive like what I did to them.”

She trembled, her knees weakened. He’s going to burn her. No, not fire, please.

“Oh right, you’re afraid of fire.” Miguel sarcastically said. “I’ll offer you an ounce of my mercy…” he run his fingers through her hair without breaking his gaze.

“You know, I was looking for something that should be mine, but our good parents give to you instead.” Miguel said.

“What’s the difference? You’ll still kill me if I give it or not.”

“Here’s the offer sis, give it to me and I’ll spare the fire. I’ll spare Eunhyuk’s life too.”

Eunhyuk. What will he do to Eunhyuk?

“You know, that boy is a little threat to me and I will not think twice about getting rid of him.” Miguel explained.

“What do you want?”

“A ring. The ruby ring, mother gave you when you turned 10.”

“I don’t have it.”

“Then go and find it!” Miguel yelled, his hands were on fire within a second.

Yvanna gasped for air. Slowly, frost covered Miguel’s hands until the fire was gone.

“Looks like your ex will join us today.” Miguel murmured as he shifts his glance to Eunhyuk, who was on the doorstep, looking at him like he wants to freeze him to death,

“The next time I’ll produce fire it’ll be for you.” Miguel whispered on Yvanna.

Miguel walked past Yvanna to Eunhyuk. He stretches his fingers, freeing them from the frost.

“I’ll give you three days little sis.” He said without looking at Yvanna. He gave Eunhyuk a smile, “Don’t ever break my sister’s heart again. The pleasure for her suffering will be always mine.”

“The next time you come near her, I’ll rip your heart out of your chest.” Eunhyuk said. This wasn’t the Eunhyuk who cooked meals for her. This is the Eunhyuk who is willing to kill just to make her safe. The Eunhyuk who love her.

“Nice to meet you, Eunhyuk.” Miguel said and he walked out of the house.

Eunhyuk almost run towards Yvanna. She was stunned, tears pooled in her eyes.

“Yva, hey.” Eunhyuk caresses her cheeks. “Are you alright?”

Yvanna gently push Eunhyuk’s hands away.

“I’m fine.” She looked into his eyes, his eyes are full of concern. “I should be going. Rooms need some cleaning.” She forced a smile.

Before she could pass through Eunhyuk, he pulled her into a tight hug.

“I’m so sorry” He whisper.

“It’s ok, You didn’t owe me anything.”

“I do. From the time you let me enter your life, I do owe you Yva.”

She didn’t know what to say. She missed him, a lot.

“Stay here if you want, I’ll just finish my work. We can just talk later.”

“Okay.” He kissed her temple before freeing her from the hug.

She grabs her few things before leaving.

“I miss you” Eunhyuk said before she leaves his sight.

---

Comments?