7..

you found me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


adorable

Kyungsoo realized at once what he had done. He didn't mean to channel his negative feelings into Jongdae, but that is exactly  what he was doing here. He was frustrated with himself and he snapped at Jongdae. Kyungsoo shook his head and apologized profusely.

Jongdae seemed shell shocked for a minute before he recovered. He looked hurt, and Kyungsoo couldn't blame him, he was being a jerk after all.

Jongdae still smiled, "I well forgive you but only if you tell me what happened. Sorry, I am not good with words like Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo widened his eyes, horrified at the thought that Jongdae thought he had had snapped because Jongdae had said something wrong.

"No, it's not that. Is not your fault. I am just frustrated at myself and took it out on you. Don't think low of yourself, please!" Kyungsoo breathed out. The last thing he wanted was to hurt Jongdae.

"Then tell me Kyungsoo, what is frustrating you? You think it is easy for me to sit there and watch you beat yourself up for matters that aren't your fault?"

Kyungsoo slumped back into his chair in defeat. He took a bite of his ice cream to will himself to speak, "I just was thinking about Baekhyun and Minseok's relationship... And I realized that I was never a good match for him. Minseok is perfect for Baekhyun, not me. I mean, I knew that I couldn't be with Baekhyun before as well, but this, today, just made me realize that I didn't even stands a chance. It could have never happened between us. The worst part is I can't understand this feeling in me. I am supposed to fell sad, defeated, but I feel something else. I don't know what it is, but it's eating at me. Is like, I am disappointed with myself, and for a reason that I can't comprehend."

Jongdae blinked a few times, just looking at Kyungsoo like he didn't know what to say. So he spoke in a very Jongdae way, unfortunately, "Wow, you thought all that in that short amount of time? Your brain is awesome. Ow!"

Jongdae rubbed the back of his head when Yixing, another employee at the ice cream shop smacked the back of his head with his tray. He had overheard some snippets of the conversation and Jongdae's response really was just... It needed that smack, let's leave it at that.

Yet, despite being the most stupid of all replies to someone opening up to you in so much depth, it seemed to work for Kyungsoo who was now giggling in his seat as he continued shoving his ice cream into his face. Jongdae smiled as he watched Kyungsoo eat the ice cream, glad that he managed to at least make the other smile a little. Despite seeing Kyungsoo upset, Jongdae was happy at the moment, and he wasn't even sorry. He was happy that the other realized that he was fighting a losing battle. Maybe now Kyungsoo would open his eyes to his surroundings...to him. In Kyungsoo's dejection he saw hope.

"What do you mean by putting him on pedestal though?" Jongdae asked after a minute.

Kyungsoo looked up from his ice cream and set his scrutinizing steady gaze on him. "Maybe you should start eating before that last island also melts...." he said pointing at Jongdae's cup.

Jongdae obediently started eating but continued asking, "I mean, I don't see putting someone on a pedestal as a bad thing. It means you value them right?"

Kyungsoo nodded, "I guess I shouldn't say that. It was more like I was treating him like someone above others. Someone untouchable. Like more than human, maybe close to a god. It isn't healthy I guess. I was literally worshi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter