1..

you found me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo first noticed Baekhyun two weeks after he started high school. His presence the complete opposite to his own; Baekhyun seemed to light up his surroundings, unlike Kyungsoo's own empty presence.

Throughout his earlier school years Kyungsoo had been like the way he was now. It wasn't like he wasn't noticed or didn't have friends, no, he was normal in every aspect. But even if someone is normal, you can still have a personality that doesn't draw other's attention to you much. He was what you can say, too normal. But even when he was in a normal friendships, he still felt lonely. He always felt like there was something lacking, a connection that he had failed to form with his friends. Sure, they had their moments and had fun, it still didn't feel natural to him. Initially he used to think that he was over-analyzing the situation, but one day he realized that it wasn't the case.

All it took was being left behind, forgotten, by his friends a few times. He understood that sure they were friends, but it was just a title. It wasn't a bond, and in his dictionary, that didn't really count as a friendship. For him friendship would be something where the other party would want to be with him just as much as he wanted to be with them, where he would be sought, and not just thought of as another presence.

So when he had entered high school, he wanted to turn over a new leaf. He tried to aim for a change, in himself and in his surroundings. It wasn't hard to start looking up to the guy who in every aspect represented what he wished to be. Baekhyun had people flocking to him, and for good reason too. He put a smile on anyone's face, a talent Kyungsoo wished he himself had.

Kyungsoo had been putting stuff away in his locker during lunch time when he first saw Baekhyun. The latter was strolling past him to go to the cafeteria. There was constant loudness surrounding him. It wasn't a noise, and it wasn't just Baekhyun being loud himself. No, it was the sound of happiness and fun as people genuinely enjoyed themselves.

When Kyungsoo got to the cafeteria himself, it was easy to make out where Baekhyun was. He made his way to his friends who were on the other side of the room. He sat there eating lunch with them, chatting about this or that, though he was mostly silent, observing Baekhyun. He had never seen Baekhyun before because he was busy adjusting to new school, and Baekhyun used to eat outside near the field.

After that Kyungsoo started seeing Baekhyun around more and more, and it wasn't because Kyungsoo kept a particular look out for the said person (though that wasn't far from truth either), it was because it was hard to miss him.

Since he had already decided to change himself, Kyungsoo started making efforts to that end. He tried smiling more, tried talking a little more, tried getting to know more people but he realized it was hard for him to do that. He wanted to talk but words didn't come to him, so his conversations would just end prematurely leaving him feeling awkward. He still didn’t give up, he kept trying, though sometimes he felt overwhelmed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter