2

Precious Gems

The mood after the game was good as Hoya's team managed to fend off their rivals to hold on to a 2-1 victory. Whoops were heard and hi-fives were going all around the room. Dongwoo was back to his hyperactive self jumping all around the room due to the excitement he was feeling.

 

Woohyun stepped into the middle of the room and declared: “I would like to give a shout out to the best midfielder in the game Lee Howon who had enough sense to pass the ball to me so that I could score the winning goal.”

 

More whoops and claps followed Woohyun's little speech.

 

“What about me? I was the one that stopped Jae from scoring at the last minute.” said Sungyeol.

 

“Of course...” said Woohyun. “Let's hear it for Sungyeol who saved the game at the last minute.” Sungyeol beamed.

 

Hoya just shook his head at his teammates antics.

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

Across the city, Jenny sat on her couch in front of the TV watching Hoya as he fielded post-game questions from the press gathered in front of his locker.

 

“How does it feel getting your first win?” asked one interviewer.

 

“It always feels good to win. Obviously, it's the first game of the season and we still have things to improve upon, but a win always feels good”. Hoya replied.

 

“How does the leg feel?” asked another man.

 

“The leg feels fine. I've been preparing the whole off season to...”

 

Jenny didn't hear the rest of the answer as she was startled by the phone that was ringing beside her.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jenny! What are you up to? Watching the game I suppose?” asked her best friend, Haeun.

 

“You know me all too well. And what are you up to? Getting ready to go out I suppose?”

 

“Of course! And guess who I'm asking to come with me?”

 

“Me?”

 

“Good! You're coming then! I'll pick you up in an hour and a half. See you then!”

 

Jenny just sighed. She should have known where that conversation was headed. Haeun always blizted through their phone calls like that when she wanted something. In this case: company.

 

“Oh, well...I guess I could use some fun.” Jenny thought to herself. She looked at the clock and started getting busy. Haeun may have a lot of faults, but one thing she never was, was late. An hour and a half wasn't much time and Lord knows she knew she needed every minute of that time to get ready.