I Love You

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dorky

Youngjae stared at his phone, looking at the time which showed that it was almost midnight and JB wasn't back yet. He stood up nervously as he started pacing back and forth. His imagination ran wild as he thought about the many possible things he could be doing with you at that moment which included one where you had brought him back home to spend the night. However, his eyes widened when JB opened the door to his room.

"Hyung!" Youngjae chirped but weirdly, JB didn't respond.

Instead, he took off his jacket and threw it onto the mattress before heading to the bathroom to bathe.

"Strange..." Youngjae mumbled, knowing something bad had happened.

 

3 DAYS LATER...

Someone was knocking on the door and the first person you thought of was JB. Half of you wanted it to be him yet the other half of you wished it wasn't him. You opened the door and to your surprise, it was Youngjae.

"I... uh... got your address of off JB's phone. We need to talk about what happened last night," he said seriously.

You were taken aback at his reason for coming but you let him in without a word. Youngjae walked in and the first thing he noticed was the table full of pictures under its clear sheet. You used to have it in your own house back at your hometown when you still lived with your parents. He remembered that almost half of those pictures were of you and him yet now, there was still space left and none of the pictures had him in them.

"What do you want to talk about?" you asked and Youngjae turned back to you.

"Hyung told me everything... about how he was upset that you never answered him when he told you he loved you... and also, why you never said so," he started off and you knew where this was going.

"Well, its in the past now so..."  you said with a shrug, trying not to burst into tears.

You hated talking about Youngjae and you. What made it worse was that now you were talking about the breakup with him.

"Come on, Sora. We dated since we were young teens. I know you need to talk about it," Youngjae said and he was right.

You bit your bottom lip and shook your head as you took three steps away from him. Youngjae's heart broke slightly seeing how distant you were. You used to be those people who would be willing to open up about your problems but now here you were, holding your defenses up high.

"I want to help you and JB... but we need to talk about this first, Sora," he said and just as he said so, you burst into tears.

"HOW COULD YOU MAKE THOSE WORDS YOUR LAST WORDS TO ME, HUH?!" you screamed at the top of your lungs and Youngjae's eyes watered, as he recalled his words to break up with you.

"Sora.... Lets break up," Youngjae said and you leaned your head up from his shoulder.

"Pfft~ Nice try~" you said with a chuckle.

However, he turned his head and stared deep into your eyes, showing you he wasn't kidding.

"Wait... No, wait, hold up. I mean, did I do something to upset you?" you asked, not believing the situation.

"I'm going to Seoul tomorrow, Sora. I'm going to train as a singer... and one of the requirements is to be single," he explained and you scooted away from him.

"... You auditioned? and never told me?" you asked, feeling betrayed.

Youngjae sighed as he stood up and you did the same, wrapping your fingers around his wrist. He stopped, trying to hold up a strong front so that you'd let him go more easily.

"Youngjae please don't..." you begged, already breaking down.

He looked back at you coldy before pulling his hand away from you.

"I'm sorry... but I can't give up on my dreams. I wish you all the best, Sora... Goodbye," he said before leaving quickly, making sure you never got to see him cry.

"I BELIEVED YOU ACTUALLY LOVED ME!" you shouted as you threw a punch to his chest.

"I BELIEVED!" you shouted again as you pushed him away, making him stumble backwards slightly.

You covered your face with your hands before brushing your hair messily and tucking your front hairs behind your ears. Youngjae knew he would leave you heartbroken... but nothing in the world would make him have thought about how much damaged it caused to you.

"I know I... promised you a lot of things..." he said softly as you started to calm down and your cries turned to sniffles.

"I know I put you through so much and... I left you feeling so alone. I didn't know it would affect you this much... and I'm so sorry," he said, meaning every word.

"You won't ever forgive me for what I did and honestly... I don't want you to because I don't deserve it," he added and you looked up into his eyes.

"You gave me your heart and I broke it. JB hyung came and mended it. I see the way he looks at you and the way you look at him. JB loves you with everything he has and I think you do too. So please... don't let an idiot's mistake ruin what you two have," Youngjae pleaded.

 

LATER ON...

It was 10pm and the members were all at the dorm while JB remained in the company building. JB was dancing alone in the usual practice room when the door opened.

"I'm going to end quick so please just wait for another 5 minutes!" he said in between pants as he continued dancing.

Then from the corner of his eye, he looked at the mirror and realised you were the one who opened the door. He took one look at you and you hung your head low in response as you closed the door. You heard the music stop and you let go of the doorknob before turning to face JB. He was in the middle of the room, where he previously was, staring at you.

"Oppa, I have not really... been the most honest person with you," you said, feeling apologetic.

"Remember the guy who broke up with me?" you asked and he nodded grimly.

"It was an understatement saying he broke my heart... because truthfully, he broke all of me," you confessed and JB's lips parted slightly in shock.

You pointed your index finger to your heart and as your eyes started to water, you started jabbing at it a few times.

"I was in so much pain, Oppa," you said with a sniffle and JB took a step closer to you.

"Then I met you and I was fine, in fact, happier than before. I just didn't want to admit I was so in love with you eventhough I was so I... I never said it and I'm sorry if you thought it was because I didn't love you," you said.

With that, he approached you slowly before cupping your face in his hands. He wiped away your falling tears with your thumbs as you closed your eyes, relaxing at his touch. Then he placed his forehead on yours and you opened your eyes to see him looking straight at you.

"I love you so much, Sora," he said, his voice calm and soothing like a whisper.

You placed your right hand gingerly on his right cheek as you softly caressed his skin with your fingers.

"I love you, Oppa..." you said and the both of you smiled, feeling both relieved and shy.

"I can't take away all the pain that idiot gave you but I am going to make you forget him one day," he said as he leaned away from you but slid his hands down to your waist.

There was a shirt silence, making JB nervous as he looked at your blank expression.

"... I love you..." you repeated, still in disbelief that you felt so good when you said so, making JB laugh.