Dorky Friends

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dorky

Everyone was standing outside the kitchen, amused by the show Youngjae and you were putting on.

"YAH!" you shouted when Youngjae had broken the egg yolk after cracking the egg shell open.

"Its harder than it looks, okay?" Youngjae argued as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Aish!" you said as you pinched his earlobe making him yelp.

"Well, why don't you do it?" Youngjae suggested and you snatched an egg from him.

You cracked open the egg... only to have an equally messed up egg right beside Youngjae's on the pan. You closed your eyes and gritted your teeth as you heard everyone laugh behind you.

"Yah! At least we don't burn our eggs!" Youngjae said defensively, surprising you as you had expected him to laugh as well.

You felt an arm around your waist and you turned your head up to the side to see JB grinning from ear to ear.

"You dork..." he whispered into your ear and you wriggled out of his grasp, sulking like a child making JB laugh at your cuteness and Youngjae smile secretly.

Jr. and the two maknaes were in charge of cooking immediately seeing how you and Youngjae were wasting precious, expensive eggs. The both of you just laughed it off embarassingly and headed out of the way and to the living room.

"I see you have not changed," Youngjae snorted quietly.

"Likewise~" you whispered just before JB held onto your hand and pulled you towards the sofa, making you sit on his lap.

Youngjae stood rooted to the ground, feeling awkward but sat down on the ground anyway, leaning his back on the sofa. Just 5 minutes in, he stood up, annoyed but he tried his best to keep cool.

"Hey! Where are you going?" JB asked as Youngjae quickly grabbed his phone and wallet.

"Just... out. You know..." he replied.

Youngjae was showing his 'I don't want to be here' face which you knew so well. You turned to look at the television to see that it was some action movie playing which Youngjae usually liked. Thus, the only reason you could come up with was you and JB... being you and JB.

"...But... it can't be..." you thought.

"Okay~ Don't forget our schedule today at 4!" JB reminded before Youngjae wore on his shoes and left.

 

LATER ON...

"neowaui gieogeul moaseo jeo dalbiche saegyeonaga (I'll gather all the memories of you) ~ bam haneureul yeah neowa naro muldeurillae (I want to color the night sky with you and me) ~ I see you neoreul bwa nunbusyeo (I see you, I see you and you're dazzling) ~ You see me nareul bwa seolleyeo (You see me, look at me, my heart's fluttering) ~" Youngjae sang as he played the piano effortlessly and then he slowly stopped.

"You know you sound way better now," you said from the door.

He turned his head and saw you come in, closing the door behind you. He was now sitting away from the piano as you sat on the sofa in front of him.

"I mean, you sounded great before. I used to think you already sounded perfect but I guess you become way mre amazing," you said, pressing your lips together to form a slight smile.

"Hah... Yeah..." Youngjae responded, remembering the many compliments you gave him freely every single time he sang.

"Youngjae, I just want to thank you... for coming to my house and telling me about JB. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't ever have talked to him again," you said and he looked up at you and nodded once in reply.

Not wanting the atmosphere to be quiet any longer, Youngjae leaned in closer, still sitting on his chair and patted your head slowly. You smiled in reply as he looked at you and smiled warmly as well. Youngjae then cleared his throat and held his pinky out.

"If you want to... lets start over and be friends," he proposed.

You twined your pinky with his and smiled brightly at him, making him smile brightly as well, showing his adorable eye smile.

"Stamp~" you said cutely as you pressed your thumb and his.

You let go with a laugh making Youngjae's heart flutter when you did so even though he was trying his best to not show it.

"So we just leave the past behind us?" you asked, feeling relieved how it seemed as though Youngjae wanted that.

"No..." Youngjae thought immediately.

"Yeah," he answered with a smile.

 

LATER ON...

You had just finished your daily late night phone conversation with JB when your phone screen lit up again. You were rubbed your eyes, taken aback, when you saw Youngjae's name appear.

"Hey, you still awake, Sora?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm just not sleepy and JB is already fast asleep"

"Wow, that was fast! I was just texting him a few seconds ago..."

There was a slightly long silence before you received a text again

"Ah~ So he was texting you~"

"Of course, it'd be me. Its only right if the last person you talk to is the one you love"

"You said you loved him already?"

"Well duh~ I do, Dork"

There was silence again but this time it was slightly longer.

"Hello~ Earth to Youngjae~ Did you fall asleep?"

"Nope"

"... Okay, well... Do you want to stop and sleep?"

"Nope"

"What's wrong with him?" you asked yourself.

"Sora yah... How much do you like JB?"

"A little more than I like fried chicken~"

"HAHAHAHAH! WHAT KIND OF GIRLFRIEND ARE YOU?!"

"Yah! You know how much I love fried chicken! Back then, I wouldn't share it with anyone! Not even my parents!"

"But we always eat fried chicken together back then"

Your eyes widened and you palms started to sweat.

"Yah... That was because I also used to like you that much~ So now if JB asks for my fried chicken, I'll give it to him also"

"Eish~ Whatever~"

"Why? You don't like it because I did the same with you? :P"

"I DON'T CARE!"

"Pfft~ Yah, when you have a girlfriend, I bet you'd treat her similar to the way you treated me"

"No way! That's impossible!"

"And why not?"

"Because she isn't you, Dummy! She won't be Kang Sora, the girl that used to be My Dork!"

Once Youngjae hit 'send', he wanted so much to delete it forever but his eyes widened in fear when he saw at the top that you had already received it.

"Oh... Yeah, that's true~"

It was obvious to Youngjae that you were oblivious about the meaning behind that text. He sighed in relief, glad you were still the dork he loved. Thus, the conversation continued on and slowly, you fell asleep.

 

NEXT MORNING...

You woke up to see your phone in your hand. You turned it on and gasped when you saw Youngjae's texts.

"So... Yeah, that was kind of it..."

"Hello???"

"AM I BORING YOU?!"

"If you were bored, you could have just said so!"

"... Oh wait,.."

"Yah! You're asleep, aren't you?"

"Aigoo~ This dork~ Goodnight, Sora"

Suddenly, a text from JB popped up and you flinched at his text.

"Yah, you were last seen online at 2.05am? Who were you talking to? Another boy? >:("

"Hahaha! What if it was?! Merong~ :P"

"YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT FROM ME!!!"

You laughed hysterically as you got off your bed and headed to the bathroom.