Do You Love Me?

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dorky

JB was just pondering about the last couple of months and realised you never said the words 'I love you'. He had said it several times after a few months into the relationship and you'd either reply with a giggle, a hug or a blush. It wasn't like he was mad, it was just that he wasn't satisfied.

"Hey, Younggie..." he sighed.

Immediately, Youngjae knew a deep conversation was going to happen so he placed his laptop aside and prepared himself.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Sora has never said she loved me before," JB revealed, sounding a little immature to Youngjae.

"Well, maybe she's shy?" Youngjae suggested, knowing you were shy when you were around people you liked.

"But it has been a little over a year since we started dating," JB replied, not being able to comprehend what Youngjae was saying.

"Well, everyone is different, Hyung. Just give Sora a little more time," Youngjae advised and JB heaved a long sigh before nodding once.

"I guess so~" he moaned before lying down to sleep.

 

THE NEXT DAY...

"Yah! Guess who is free after 3!" JB chirped over the phone making you laugh as you continued writing your essay although it was due in a month.

"Er... Mark Oppa?" you playfully assumed and you could picture the fumes coming out of JB's ears.

"YAH, KANG SORA!" he yelled and you laughed even harder than before.

"Aigoo~ I was only joking," you said and you heard him sigh, making you smile at his cuteness.

"Fine~ I guess you don't want to spend the rest of the day with me, huh?" he asked chicly.

"Yah, yah, yah! I want to!" you whimpered as you stopped typing into your laptop.

"Eish~ Dork~ Wear something nice! I'm bringing you out on a date!" he said with a sudden burst of confidence.

"Where are we going?" you asked.

"Not going to say~" he teased and you let out an annoyed groan.

"I'm serious though! Come on! I used to bring you out on surprise dates all the time when I was still training!" he said persuasively.

"Okay fine! Should I dress formally or something?" you asked but he let out a funny sound before hanging out.

"Idiot," you muttered as you hung up as well.

 

LATER ON...

Jaebum was wearing a fitting white dress shirt with a black leather jacket over him with some trousers on. He walked out of his room, feeling confident and not long after, he heard teasing noises coming from the living room.

"Eiii~" everyone sounded and JB looked back at his groupmates, shaking his head.

"Where are you going?" Jackson sang as he batted his eyelashes at JB.

"Out with Sora," he replied, trying to sound serious and contain his excitement.

"Out with Sora~" everyone teased in unison except for Youngjae who just smiled slightly.

"Yah... You're not going to... uhum," Jr. cautioned and immediately, JB's and Youngjae's eyes widened.

"Heck no! No, we're both not ready for that yet! I'm just going to bring her to some place nice and watch a movie afterwards," JB answered and Jr. relaxed... so did Youngjae.

"Well, be safe, okay? The both of you!" Mark said and with a wave, JB rushed out of the dorm.

 

LATER ON...

JB was in the living room, waiting for you as you had slept after showering. He smiled at your dorkiness as he walked around, looking at the photos you had which were placed with scotch tape under the clear plastic sheet on your long, coffee table. JB sat down on the sofa as he looked at every single photo. He smiled as he watched you grow from your baby photos to your teen photos. However, he realised you didn't have much photos when you were a young teen. Just as he was starting to get curious, you came out of the room.

"Okay! I'm ready!" you exclaimed as you rushed out in your pink flats since you didn't want to wear heels.

JB's mouth parted slightly as he stood up and looked at you from head to toe. You were dazzling in his eyes with your peach tube dress which ended at your mid thigh and black translucent leggings. You obviously hadn't noticed that he was just awe-struck by your presence as you looked down to smooth out the few wrinkles on the skirt.

"Hehehe~ I'm too lazy to iron it," you said sheepishly making JB laugh as he scratched the back of his neck, still feeling amazed.

"You look... absolutely beautiful," he said sincerely and you tucked your hairs behind your ears as you felt a blush coming on.

"Thanks... You too!" you said as you walked over and linked arms with him as you two headed out.

After a 10 minute walk from your house, you arrived in front of a fancy restaurant. JB let go of your arm to hold open the door for you.

"My Dork, first~" he said childishly as he bowed down.

"Why thank you~" you said with a chuckle as you patted his shoulder.

JB and you sat down at your reserved table and after taking your orders, the waiter left.

"Yah!" you  scolded in a hushed voice as you kicked JB from under the table.

"Ouch! What?" he responded as he pouted his bottom lip.

"The food here is so expensive," you said and he pressed his lips together before giving a shrug.

"Hey, every once in a while, I like to treat my Dork to something nice and fancy," he explained.

You couldn't help but feel touched at his words and he smiled as you hung your head down low and hid your blush.

"Sora yah," he called out as he placed his hand on top of yours.

You looked back up at him nervously.

"... I love you," he said lovingly as he gazed into your eyes.

You replied with a smile as you linked your fingerds with his. JB waited a little longer but as always, you didn't reply him with the 3 words he wanted you to say. He slowly let go of your hand and you looked at him, puzzled.

"You okay?" you asked.

Just as he nodded in reply, the drinks came and the both of you diverted your attention to that. Dinner went by smoothly and as planned, JB and you watched a movie, glad that you two were the only ones in the theater. Grabbing the opportunity, the both of you occupied the best two seats and waited patiently for the movie to start. Recalling the half-hearted nod JB gave back in the restaurant, you slowly glided your arm up against his on the arm rest and held his hand. With a smile, JB looked down at your hands and twined his fingers with yours.

"JB... Come on... Something bothered you just now," you said calmly and he let out a sigh.

"Please tell me..." you said as you tried to make him look at you by turning and leaning yourself on his arm.

Then he turned around and suddenly started kissing you. After a few sweet kisses, he pulled away, leaving you still shocked.

"I love you, Sora," he said, this time, more stern than the times before.

"You do know you said that to me earlier right?" you asked with a smile on your face.

However, your smile faded when he turned back to the front, a look of disappointment on his face. You placed your hand on his shoulder and you could feel that his body became tense.

"JB, please? Just talk to me, I'm your girlfriend," you pleaded.

The movie began and you slumped back down on your chair. The movie was a comedy yet neither of you were laughing. You felt mad, sad, confused and just feeling those emotions for half an hour, you stood up and stormed out of the theatre. As you felt tears sting your eyes, you heard the exit door to the theatre bang open from behind you.

"DO YOU LOVE ME?!" JB shouted and you halted to a stop.

"BECAUSE NOT ONCE HAVE YOU SAID IT!" he yelled, venting his anger out.

You turned around and looked at him. Then as your first tear fell, you started to vent out yout frustrations as well.

"I DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN, OKAY?!" you yelled.

"WHAT MISTAKE?!" JB argued as he stormed over to you.

"I DIDN'T WANT TO SAY 'I LOVE YOU' TO SOMEONE WHO'D LEAVE ME ONE DAY!" you shouted and JB stopped right in front of you as slowly, you started to cry more.

"I used to say it so freaking easily... and I truly believed we loved each other... but it turned out it was just me," you said in between sobs.

JB's anger now turned to sorrow as he looked at you crying, knowing it was his fault.

"I didn't want to make the same mistake... because I started to feel like what we have is real... just like before when I was with..." you said weakly, controlling yourself from saying Youngjae's name as you wiped away your tears and calmed down.

"Sora... Why didn't you talk to me about this?" JB asked sadly and you just shook your head in response, not knowing the reason yourself.

"I... uh... I want to go home... alone," you said as you turned around and walked off.