Meeting Dongsun's friend

The Music Box

DING DONG!!

Minhee was standing with your family outside the home of Dongsun's friend so that she and your parents could meet him. Of course you had all seen him a few times, but none of you (besides Dongsun) had ever really talked to him since they mostly hung out his house. Now that you thought about it, this was actually a good thing because it meant that Dongsun's friend wouldn't know how you normally act. Which meant that Minhee wouldn't have to put up as much of an act around him as she did around your family.

Immediately after the doorbell rang, you all heard someone shout "COMING!" and footsteps running through the house. Next thing you knew, the door was opening and there stood a friendly-looking boy with a big smile on his face. Everyone jumped back in surprise except for Dongsun, who was used to such behavior.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Lee Jeongmin imnida." The boy bowed politely at your parents and then turned to smile at Minhee, who was (of course) still in your body. "This is her? Waaaa, she's so adorable!~" He came over and pinched your cheeks, but not hard enough to hurt.

Minhee just stood shocked at how friendly he was acting. Having been dead for so many years, she was unused to such behavior and didn't know how to respond.

Y: >Don't worry Minhee, he won't hurt you. I didn't know he would be THIS energetic, but I've heard from my brother that he is quite friendly. This is normal for him.<

M: >Ohh...okay. Well, how should I act?<

Y: >Just act the same way you've been acting around my family. There's no reaon to change your attitude.<

Minhee took your advice and smiled politely at Jeongmin. "Annyeonghaseyo. Park ~~~~~ imnida."

"So polite, too! Nice to meet you." He released your cheeks and backed away to once again face your parents. "Dongsun has already told me about your predicament and how you would like to see if ~~~~~ can live with me. I have no problem with it, but feel free to interview me and look around the house all you want . That way you will have no doubts about leaving her with me."

Your parents nodded, liking him already. They were so awed by how friendly and polite he was that they could have left you there just like that. However, his suggestions had brought them back to their senses and they decided to first look around the house.

"If you don't mind, could you show us around the house?" Your parents requested.

"Sure thing!" Jeongmin stepped aside to let all of you in and then walked into the first room on the left. "This is my living room," he explained.

Looking around, you all saw a rather spacious room. It wasn't enormous, but there was quite a bit of room due to strategic placement of furniture. There were large windows to let in a lot of light (you would find that the whole house had many windows to make a bright home), and there was a grand piano sitting in the left corner of the wall facing you. To the left there was a two-person sofa and there was a TV pushed against the wall across from the sofa.

"In the corner next to the TV is a closet where I keep different games and things," Jeongmin pointed out before turning and walking back out of the room.

Dongsun and Minhee immediately followed him since he had been here many times before and Minhee knew she would have plenty of time to explore later. Your parents, on the other hand, stood looking around or a few more seconds more before following the crowd to the end of the front hall.

Jeongmin led you into a large room that was split in two by a breakfast bar that ran about halfway down the center. The breakfast bar had a granite top and there were four stools on the left side with cabinets above the bar facing the right side.

"On the left of the bar is the dining room and on the right is the kitchen," Jeongmin explained and waited as you parents walked over to the kitchen. They examined the stove and oven to see how well they worked, and then opened the fridge to see what kind of food he ate. To their surprise and delight, his fridge wasn't full of junk food and ready-to-eat meals. He actually had fresh fruits and vegetables, plus yogurt and all kinds of other foods. Of course he had some junk food (what teenager DOESN'T?), but it was balanced by the healthy foods he had.

"Wow! Look at that honey," your mother said to your father.

"Yeah, I see. Looks like we won't have to worry about our ~~~~~'s diet."

"So Jeongmin, do you cook?" asked your mother.

Jeongmin nodded. "I don't have very many recipes memorized, but I have plenty of cookbooks to go by.

Your parents shut the fridge door and turned around. “Where to next?”

 
-----------------------------
 
After the kitchen and dining room, Jeongmin led them back to the front of the house to show them the closet under the stairs and to take them to the second floor.
 
Taking everyone up the stairs he said, “Right across from the stairs is the bathroom and next to the bathroom is the guest room where ~~~~~ could stay. Across the hall from the guest room is my room and another room that’s like my hangout area.”
 
Jeongmin showed you all the rooms, and each room was surprisingly neat for a teenager living on his own. He watched from the side as your parents admired the style with which Jeongmin decorated his home.
 
*It’s a good thing Dongsun called me ahead of time so that I could organize things a bit. Not that there was a lot to fix anyway.* Thought Jeongmin.
 
When your parents were finished looking around, Jeongmin led all of you back to the front door where your parents gave their decision.
 
“~~~~~, what do you think o the house?” Your parents asked.
 
“Hm…” Minhee thought. “I like it. It’s clean and it’s the best place for my first experience of living away from you.”
 
Jeongmin nodded in approval and your mother turned to face him. “Your house is very nice, and you seem responsible enough to take care of ~~~~~ since you are taking care of yourself just fine. If I may ask, what are you doing living on your own at such a young age?”
 
“Well, I wanted a change in the life I had been living before. I was tired of how I had been living, and I thought the best way to change was to move away. I talked to my parents and they thought it was a good idea, so they hooked me up with this house which just so happens to be next to my aunt’s home. I’m only 17, but I’m already out of high school and I have a job that pays enough for me to live off of.”
 
“Oh! So your aunt lives just next door? That’s perfect then. If there are ever any problems, then you can go to her for help.”
 
“Yeah…” Jeongmin looked hesitant about that conclusion, but your parents didn’t seem to notice.
 
*I wonder why he doesn't look like he wants help from her...* You thought.
 
“Ok then, it’s settled. If it’s no trouble to you, then we give our permission for ~~~~~ to live with you from now on.”
 
When you heard that, both you and Minhee released a huge sigh of relief. It looked like you were going to be able to stay after all.
 
-----------------
 
Jeongmin's Corner

Annyeonghaseyo!! I'm Lee Jeongmin and I am the best friend of Dongsun, who is your brother :P kpopmew put aside this little section for me so that she could try something different, and I'm going to use this chance to tell you a little about myself.

As I said before, my name is Lee Jeongmin and I am actually a member of the boyband Boyfriend! But sadly, I'm not an idol in this story. That's okay, because that would probably make everything complicated. After all, I would have fangirls that would get jealous of you since you're moving into my house. That wouldn't be goood :(

There will probably still be girls that are jealous of you, but at least they won't be as extreme as fangirls. Fangirls can get scary O.O

Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, I was telling you about myself.

So I am 17 years old and I live by myself next to my aunt (Just so you know, you're going to find out something shocking about her later ^^). I am really friendly and responsible, but not so responsible to the point that I don't know how to have fun. In fact, FUN IS MY LIFE! :D

To be honest, I am pretty similar to Dongsun ^^; Or is it that he's similar to me? O.o You know, I like that better. I'm older than him anyway, so Dongsun is the one with a similar personality to mine >:D

Hm...that's about it. Don't forget to leave comments and tell kpopmew what you thought of this chapter! And don't forget about me >_> If you liked my corner enough, then maybe I can come back again. Or someone else might decide to visit.

Goodbye :) -waves-

A/n: Ok, so I updated it!! >_> I wasn't able to update last week since I had a research paper due for school and of course this Thursday was Thanksgiving for me, so I was out all day the past two days. Today I have FINALLY gotten home and it is 4:30 PM =.= Lucky for you guys, I was able to type this chapter while I was out, so all I had to do was upload it. Which reminds me: HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU LOVELY READERS! Anyway, I am happy I can finally write something for you all ^^ But I'm sad because I lost one of my subscribers :'( I'm sorry if I didn't stay up to your expectations TT.TT
 
Also, I wanted to do something special for all of you readers as an apology and as a thank you for waiting so patiently! I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I MAY OR MAY NOT write a oneshot (possibly longer) dedicated to all the subscribers of this story. If I have any ideas for one >_> Tell me what you think, or make a request of something else I can do for you. THANKS A BUNCH AND I AM SO SORRY!!