New feelings

The Music Box

Minhee opened her eyes and looked around the room with a sore neck. Wait...a sore neck?

"I can feel again!" she whispered excitedly as she stared at her hands.

Full of excitement, Minhee tried to run to the mirror, but it took her a few minutes to stand up because she wasn't used to the weight of a body.

I suppose it's going to take a while to adjust to my new state of life.
Minhee stared at the face in the mirror. This isn't me... She thought with a pang of sadness in her heart.
Of course she knew that she wouldn't be the same as when she had died, so that wasn't why she was sad. She was sad because she felt guilty that an innocent girl had to sacrifice her body for the wishes of a dead girl.
Quickly, Minhee wiped away her feelings and stared determinedly at the girl in the mirror.
 
I can't think like this anymore. I need to enjoy my time alive or else her sacrifice will have meant nothing.
With that in mind, she turned away from the mirror and went to the closed bedroom door--and accidentally ran into it.
 
Owww that hurt. I forgot I can't just walk through things anymore. She pouted and rubbed her forehead, but then grinned when she realized what she was thinking. It hurt. I can feel pain.
Minhee continued smiling and rubbing her red forehead as she ran down the stairs to meet "her" family.
 
---------------------------------------------
 
Changjo had just to his house's street, when he had a bad feeling in his gut. It had only been five minutes since he left you, but he still couldn't shake the feeling that something bad had happened.
 
Not wanting to seem paranoid, he shook his head to clear his it and walked into his house, climbing the stairs to his bedroom.
 
Changjo sat at his desk and stared out the window while thinking of the box he had seen in your hands. You had been unconsciously holding it tightly to your chest as he walked you to the park, but he hadn't really paid much attention to it and had asked no questions. Now that he thought about it though, he realized that it had looked a bit familiar. He didn't know why, but he felt as though he had seen it before. Maybe he had seen it on the Antiques Fair poster he saw posted on one of the bulletin boards at school?
 
Changjo sighed and kept staring in the direction of the park. In his peripheral vision he saw three figures come down the street, but he was too deep in thought to notice them.
 
He really didn't want to face it, but his bad feeling wouldn't go away. He was about to go talk to his mom to occupy his mind, but at the last second he changed his mind and gave in to his suspicions. Maybe I shouldn't have left her... He thought as he ran down the stairs and out the front door.
 
And just as he closed his front door, the door of the neighbor's house was shut tight.
 
-----------------------------------------
 
Changjo sprinted the single block to the park only to find it completely abandoned.
 
I could swear I felt something dangerous happen here not even five minutes ago... But nothing at all looked out of the ordinary.
Changjo scanned the park one last time as he turned around, but he saw nothing. Sighing (half in relief nothing happened and half in disappointment of not seeing you), Changjo was about to step into the street when a sudden chill ran down his spine. He didn't know why, but he felt as though he was being watched.
 
Slowly, Changjo turned around again and was surprised to see a music box sitting on the ground under the swings.
 
Was that there before? But the question faded from his mind as he approached it. Wait a minute- isn't this the box that ~~~~~ was holding? Why did she leave it here?
Upon closer inspection, he realized that you probably didn't leave it on purpose. If you had left it on purpose, then it wouldn't be overturned as if it had been dropped. Or at least he assumed you had more respect for your belongings than that. He hadn't ever seen you mistreat anyone at school and your supplies always looked well-kept, so he couldn't imagine you mistreating this music box either.
 
Picking up the box, Changjo thought about what he could do with it. He could search every house in the neighborhood to find you and return the box, but somehow he felt as though that wasn't the best idea. Instead, he resolved to return it to ypu next Monday at school.
 
Making a mental note to himself, he tucked the box under one arm and headed home.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
A/n: Ehehe. I might just be imagining things, but for some reason I feel that this chapter is a bit shorter than the others...
Oh well.
 
Anyway, I would like to thank you all for reading my story, and a ~SPECIAL THANKS~ to those that commented :)
 
@MulticultureINSPIRIT Thank you ^^ I hope to continue the story in a way that will keep holding your attention! 
 
@xFlyHigh LOL I hope it's creepy in a good way! It's not my goal to give you nightmares or anything :) Then again...maybe it is ;D The world will never know. As for the other questions: you'll just have to wait and find out :P
 
@_StAr2595_ Thanks for reading :) I'm glad you enjoy it. LOL!!! Clicking the previous button by accident and expecting a new chapter seems like something I would do xD Well here is your actual update, so I hope you liked it as well ^^
 
Look forward to the next chapter!! I'll meet you there ;D