A day of "firsts"

The Music Box

A/n: FINALLY an update :D I know it's late and we're sorry, but please enjoy it anyway >_>

--------------------------

Sneaking down the stairs, Minhee tiptoed into the kitchen behind Jeongmin.

"Yah, I know you're standing right behind me, ~~~~~," he said before she could even do anything to him.

"Ehhhhh????" She pouted and stomed her foot. "How did you know?"

"Secret." He stuck his tongue out at her as he turned around, but at the same moment she also poked his cheek.

"Hahahaha got you!!! Better hurry up before we're late!" She snickered and ran to the table, stuffing with food.

*Just wait until I get you back...* Jeongmin smirked as he watched her eat.

----------------------------------------------------

*How cute,* you thought as you watched the scene from the pendant Minhee was wearing. *They kind of fit each other...both are playful and childish. Is it time to play matchmaker? But no matter what Minhee looks like, she's still just a seven-year-old ghost. It's a shame she can never act on her feelings if she gets any. Then again...It doesn't hurt to have some fun, does it?*

You sighed. Love was impossible for the dead, yet you still couldn't help but want to hook up Minhee and Jeongmin. *Why does this have to be so complicated?*

----------------------------------------------------

As soon as Minhee finished eating, Jeongmin grabbed her bag and went to the door.

"Are you ready to go to school?" he asked.

"Yep! Well...not really, but it's not like I have a choice," she giggled as she followed him out the door.

After he locked the door, the two walked side-by-side down the sidewalk in the direction of your school. There were a few students from your neighborhood also walking, but they were too far to see any of their faces. Minhee reached for the backpack, but Jeongmin held it just out of her reach.

"I'm sorry, did you want this bag? Well you'll have to wait until we get to the school." He and slung it over his shoulders.

"You don't have to carry that...It's not like I'm incapable of carrying a simple bag."

"No one said I'm carrying it because I had to--I just want to. But if you really want it, then I won't carry it after today."

"No, that's okay. Thank you." Minhee grinned, and then ran a little further ahead.

"Yah!! Watch for cars before you cross the road, will you?"

Too bad Minhee didn't hear him. And she didn't know what cars were since there were none in her time...

Minhee stood at the corner with an amazed look on her face. "Wahhh, what are all these? They move so fast!"

Y: >Those are called--< but you were cut off before you could explain.

"Silly girl. You look like you've never seen a car before." Jeongmin walked up behind her and shook his head in a teasing manner.

"Ha...ha...Of course I've seen a car before," She forced a laugh and then looked away guiltily as she sstepped into the street.

"Watch out!" Jeongmin grabbed her by the waist and tugged her back just as a black sports car went speeding by.

*Exactly how long has this girl been dead? She doesn't even know what a car is, or how dangerous they are.* Jeongmin pondered.

Minhee curiously glanced down at the arm around her, then up at Jeongmin's thoughtful face. "What are you doing?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry. The signal for us to go wasn't on yet." He knew he couldn't blame her for not knowing. It wasn't her fault that she didn't know about many of the technological advances. Carefully, he released her and she crossed the street with him right behind.

"You can't just walk across the street like that, you don't know how dangerous they are. You could've been run over and hurt, and we don't want that to happen." He said. *Especially since I don't know what will happen to ~~~~~'s spirit if her body is damaged*

"Huh?" She looked at him confused and Jeongmin sighed. It was difficult to explain things like this.

"Just don't go anywhere without me, or I'll be very worried about what might happen to you."

Minhee didn't know what he was talking about, but she nodded anyway.

*I can't believe I didn't tell her about safety issues like cars and such. Well, I guess Jeongmin can protect her as long as he is around, and I can always guide her as well.* you thought.

--------------------------------------------------------

Finally, Minhee and Jeongmin reached your school safely.

"Have a good day and be careful." Jeongmin smiled as he handed her the backpack.

"Ok, thanks for walking me to school."

"No problem, ~~~~~. I'll be waiting here to pick you up when school is out, so look for me!" He shouted over his shoulder as he walked off in the direction of his job.

Minhee surveyed her surroundings, trying to figure out what to do next. Instead of figuring it out, she saw a group of girls glaring at her. *Weren't they the ones that were just smiling at Jeongmin?*

*Uh-oh...* you thought. *This isn't good. I should have known something like this was going to happen!*

The girls started walking towards Minhee, and she looked at them curiously.

Y: >Uh, Minhee...<

M: >Yeah?<

Y: >I suggest you ignore those girls. Don't even look at them.<

M: >Why?<

Y: >They're not up to any good, and I don't want you to get hurt. I think they're jealous because you were just with Jeongmin.<

M: >What's "jealousy"?<

But you didn't have a chance to explain, because the girls were already next to Minhee.

"Hey, ~~~~~. Where's your hot brother, and what was that cute guy doing with a worthless piece of trash like you?" One of the girls snarled and shoved Minhee.

*Shoot...this isn't supposed to happen!* You thought.

Y: >Minhee, ignore them and walk towards the front doors!<

Minhee didn't listen though, because she was busy picking up her backpack that another girl had smacked out of her hands. She was confused as to why the girls were acting this way, but she knew that she didn't like it. In fact, she was afraid of them  and tears were starting to gather in her eyes.

Y: >Please don't cry, Minhee. It's my fault that you have to go through this. I didn't realize that I would get bullied once my brother left.<

After picking up the backpack, Minhee kept her head down and tried to walk past the girls, however one of them tripped her and Minhee fell face-first on the ground.

M: >~~~~~, what am I supposed to do?< Minhee asked as tears spilled out.

~MINHEE FLASHBACK~

"YAH! What do you think you're doing!?" a girl pushed a five year old Minhee off of the rope swing as several parents in Minhee's backyard looked on.

"But that's MY swing!" Minhee sobbed from the ground.

"I don't care whose swing it is! You can't be on it when I want to swing!" She snarled down at the helpless child.

Minhee crawled over to the girl and clung onto the edge of her skirt. "Please let me get back on..."

"How dare you touch my daughter!? Get away from her!!" the mother of the girl shrieked and yanked Minhee away, throwing her into the rose bush. Just at that moment, Minhee's mother had walked out of the back door carrying a tray full of tea.

Looking at the scene before her, she knew that Minhee was being bullied again. Sighing, she set the tray on the nearest table and walked over to her child.

"Are you hurt? Come on, let's go inside."

Minhee's mom took her by the hand and pulled her off the ground. Tugging her along behind, she led Minhee to her Grandma, who was sitting in a rocking chair in Minhee's room.

"Go play with Grandmother." She said before closing the door and quietly locking it from the outside. *If she can't come out, then no more trouble will be caused.*

-----------------------------------------------------

Minhee stood next to the door sniffling, and heard a small click behind her. She knew that her mother had locked her in again, but she didn't care. Her mother always locked her in her room when she was bullied--not because she wanted Minhee to be safe, but because she didn't want Minhee to cause trouble (even though it wasn't her fault).

She never knew exactly why everyone was so rude to her, but sometimes it seemed like they were afraid of Minhee. She had always known she was different, but she didn't know why.

"Come her, child." her sweet grandmother opened her arms and Minhee slowly walked over. Her grandmother took her hand, and walked her over to the bathroom to clean her up. After Minhee was clean, her grandmother tucked her into bed and her hair, singing a lullaby.

*I'm sorry I can't do any more, but I can still comfort you. Perhaps one day the curse will end and people will no longer fear you. For now, just sleep.* thought her grandmother.

*At least you love me, and I know that I can always count on you and your kindness. Stay with me forever, Grandma.* Minhee thought just before falling asleep.

~END FLASHBACK~

-----------------------------------------------------------

JEONGMIN'S CORNER

Yo, I'm back! Did you readers miss me? :D Sorry it took me so long to come back :(

It's my fault!! TT.TT I underestimated the time it would take to actually write out the chapter...PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!

Yeah, it's not her fault! She had to explain to me what she was thinking of doing and with Christmas just this weekend, it would take time! By the way, thanks for getting me caught up.

Haha it kinda IS my fault though ^^; No problem on catching you up :)

Anyway, putting THAT aside -gares at kpopmew- How did you like the chapter? :D It seems like it was a bit longer this time...

-winces and hides behind xxkpopxx--

Jeongmin, stop glaring! Didn't your parents ever tell you that it's not nice to stare?

Nooooo, of course not! But BACK ON TOPIC. Thank you to all the understanding readers of The Music Box for sticking with us even through the long, updateless times. Hopefully, kpopmew and xxkpopxx are planning on updating again sometime SOON xP

-nod nod- We'll TRY to update again this week, so please continue to support us! Oh, and before I forget, I'd like to wish all of you a late Merry Christmas!! Sorry about not updating before or on Christmas so that it would be on time ._. I hope you all got what you asked for this year :)

Well there you have it. So please comment, subscribe, and stay tuned for more to come ^^ Don't you want to know more about Minhee's flashback and what's going to happen to her with the bullies? ;D Let us know what you think!