The haunting dream

The Music Box

A/n: I noticed that I didn't get a lot of comments on chapter nine, so this author's note is just to let you guys know that I did already add to it. If you're not sure whether or not you read my changes, it'd be best to go take a look at it now just in case.

Ok, on with the story! Here's a semi-creepy chapter for those that wanted it :)

---------------------------------------

When Minhee went to sleep, she found herself in an empty space much like the one from her first meeting with you. Then again, who was to say it was not the same room? The only difference was that this area was more cold and threatening.

Off in the distance, she saw a body materializing. It looked like a girl about the same age as you.

*On second thought, I think it IS her. But what could she possibly be doing in MY dream?* thought Minhee.

As Minhee suspected, the appearing body was you. She watched as you examined your surroundings with evident confusion, but then you spotted her and walked over.

"What's going on? What are we doing here?" you asked her.

Shaking her head, she whispered, "I wish I knew."

For some unknown reason, she felt that she actually did know. The only problem was that she wasn't quite sure what it was that she knew. Whatever it was, it did not feel good.

Right at that moment, a breeze swept past both of you, sending a shiver down your spines. The air swirled in a sort of mini-tornado just a few feet away, and in the center of it was a hunched figure enveloped in a thick, black cloak. After the air had settled down, the figure slowly stalked towards Minhee. As it passed you, you heard a raspy whisper.

"Your end is near, bearer of the locket," it said.

*Locket? But it's just a purple stone set on a metal back. And what does it mean by my "end"?* you wondered.

The figure stopped in front of Minhee and said, "Remember the curse!" before it walked into her and disappeared.

Immediately she collapsed, and you watched as her eyes drifted shut.

"Minhee!?" you screamed and ran to her, carefully lifting her head to place it on your lap. You shivered, but were then surrounded by a warm light.

"Be careful, and know that there are those who wish to harm you. However, remember that there are also those who wish to help you--even if they don't seem like they can do anything." Spoke a woman's voice in a soothing tone.

Suddenly feeling sleepy, you closed your eyes and fell over.

----------------------------------------

Minhee awoke and rubbed her sore muscles.

*Ah, I can't believe I was actually able to move all my stuff into Jeongmin's home in one afternoon.* She thought and then winced at a particularly painful muscle. *It sure didn't come without a price, though.*

As Minhee went through her morning exercises (to keep your body healthy), she thought about last night's "dream".

*Curse? But I don't know what curse she's talking about. The only curse of mine was having to live with parents that were always so cautious around me. Is that the curse? Am I doomed to always be surrounded by wary people? I don't think that's it, because my little brother was never wary around me. Of course he was only two when I died, but don't they say that babies have like a sixth sense or something?* Minhee sighed. All this thinking was hurting her brain, and she was hungry from all that work last night.

Feeling extra lazy, she dragged herself over to her new closet. *What am I supposed to wear today? I don't feel like thinking anymore...*

Y: >Earth to Minhee! You in there?<

Minhee groaned and squeezed her eyes shut while holding her head.

Y: >...headache?<

M: >No. Worse.<

Y: >Worse than a headache? What's wrong?<

M: >I feel like being lazy today. I don't want to think.<

Y: >...<

M: >...<

Y: >Are you serious? =.= That's ALL?<

M: >What do you mean by "That's ALL"? That is a serious problem!<

Y: >Sloth.< You snickered, making Minhee roll her eyes.

M: >You know what? If you don't mind, I have things to do.<

Y: >Like what? Sleep?< You were now laughing hard.

Rolling her eyes, Minhee just ignored you and grabbed the first clothes she saw. She changed fast and then walked downstairs without even checking herself in the mirror.

------------------------------------

Jeongmin was in the kitchen making breakfast. It was 7 AM when he had woken up and he had gotten tired of waiting for you to wake up. In the end, he decided to make breakfast and then wake you up if you still weren't up after he was done.

It was now 8 AM (he hadn't started cooking until 7:30) and he was almost done making breakfast when he heard footsteps on the stairs.

*I guess I didn't have to wake her up after all.* he smiled.

Jeongmin piled all the crepes he made on one plate, and set it on the breakfast bar. By the time he had gotten out two extra plates for you two to eat off of, you were already standing by the edge of the bar.

"Good morning sleepy he-" Jeongmin began, but burst out laughing after taking only one look at you.

Minhee looked at him like he was crazy. "What are you laughing at?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"H-have you-" Jeongmin couldn't control himself and started laughing again, causing Minhee to look around the room to see what was so funny. All she saw was an abstract painting of a person on the wall behind her.

*Well I suppose that's a pretty funny-looking picture, but I'm sure he's been living with it long enough that he wouldn't laugh at it that much anymore.* She thought before turning back around to face him again.

After a few minutes, Jeongmin finally took a deep breath to calm himself enough to talk. "Have you seen yourself today?" he grinned widely.

"What are you talking about?" Minhee was still confused.

Jeongmin merely shooed her away as he broke out into laughter again. "G-go look in the-the mi-mirror!" He said in between snorts of laughter.

Thoroughly puzzled, she turned around and walked back upstairs to check the mirror in the bathroom (There is only one bathroom in the house, which happens to be at the top of the stairs).

*Silly kid--making me laugh that hard this early on in the day. I have a feeling that living with her is going to be fun.* He grinned as he watched her walk out in her crazy wardrobe.

---------------------

"What the heck is wrong with that guy? Is something wrong with me?" Minhee grumbled to herself as she opened the door to the bathroom.

Minhee walked in and looked at herself in the full-body mirror on the back of the door.

"See? There's nothing wro-" she cut off in the middle of the word as her whole face turned red out of embarrassment.

"WHAT THE HECK AM I WEARING!?" She yelled at herself, then started smacking her forehead with her palm. (A/n: Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of some pretty outrageous clothes that don't go well together :P)

"Stupid Minhee. Stupid, stupid, stupid Minh-" She cut off again as she realized that Jeongmin was standing in the doorway giving her a weird look.

"What? You already saw me downstairs, so why are you still looking at me weird?"

He just kept staring at her until she realized what she said.

*NOT GOOD! I can't believe I called myself Minhee in front of him!!!* She stared at him with wide eyes, trying to plan how she could explain this to him.

-----------------------

Jeongmin's Corner

(Purple=me; Lime green=Jeongmin)

Hey there! Did you lovely readers miss me?? ^^

No. We just saw you in the chapter =.=

NO!? B-But how could you NOT miss me?? D: I mean, I'm ME!!

That might be why...

That's not cool! Now I have to go cry in a corner TT.TT

Wait Jeongmin, DON'T GO!!!

Why not? -sniffle- Are you going to apologize?

...You forgot that you're already in a corner, didn't you?

Oh yeah... whoops! Well I guess the crying can wait for later.

Yeah, ok. Now go do your thing. The readers probably think you're crazy now, so be careful of what you say :)

I LIKE BUBBLE GUM!! Hehehe...

-SMH and walks away-

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah! The chapter :D

Did you guys like it? ^^ Minhee's in trouble now >:D I wonder how she's gonna try to fix her mistake.

My corner came back, too! kpopmew only got two comments last chapter (sad face ): ), but she got bored and decided to toss in another corner. Oh btw, did you notice that kpopmew used Barney colors? xD She's so dumb, I bet she didn't even notice it herself :P

I HEARD THAT!! -Throws a book at Jeongmin's head-

-Jeongmin gets knocked out and can't continue his corner-

Oops...I AM INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW! Looks like the rest of the corner is up to me.

Anyway FYI, I actually didn't notice the Barney colors until right before Jeongmin pointed it out >_>

Don't forget to leave comments (and maybe subcribe...) :D Comments go down there v

Look forward to the next update! ^^

Bye! -waves cheerfully-