The parents' surprise

The Music Box

A/n: From now on, *...* will be used for thoughts, and messages sent between you and Minhee will use:

Y: >...< (for you) and M: >...< (for Minhee)

Also, I know that I said that your parents were rarely home, so this is one of the rare times that they actually are home xD They are only home because they are taking a couple days off work to prepare for something big that's going to happen in this chapter ;D And Minhee doesn't act excited or anything just because she doesn't know enough about your relationships or personality to adjust to certain situations.

--------------------------

"Good morning!" Minhee greeted as she stepped into the kitchen that doubled as the dining room.

Her greeting received a mix response. Your parents looked ecstatic that morning and greeted her back just as cheerfully, while your brother looked a indifferent and just nodded at her.

*Hm...Dongsun oppa looks preoccupied this morning* you thought. *He doesn't usually get like this unless he's thinking of something really important. And the fact that umma and appa are excited makes it look like they have some good news to share. I wonder what it is...*

Y: >Hey Minhee, it looks like my parents have something to tell you.<

But Minhee was too busy staring at all the delicious food on the table to hear what you had to say.

"Hey ~~~~~, stop staring at the food and just sit down and start eating! You act like you haven't ever seen food before," laughed your parents.

*Actually, I really haven't seen food before. Or at least not this kind of food...* Thought Minhee. But without hesitation, she sat down and started shoving food in . French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast with strawberry jam. Your mouth started watering as you watched Minhee eat the tantalizing foods.

*Mmmmm, it all looks so good...I can't believe my mom just HAD to make my favorite foods on a day like this!* But all you could do was watch as it gradually disappeared. *But wait...my mom doesn't usually make my favorite foods unless there's a special occasion. Or unless she's trying to bribe me...* You narrowed your eyes at your mom as if that would help you figure out what she was thinking. And much to your surprise, you began to hear her voice echo in your surroundings.

"I wonder how we should break the news to her. Will she be happy to hear what's going to happen?" Her voice sounded throughout your "room". Shocked, your eyes widened and you asked yourself *What just happened?*

You had no idea what was going on, but you guessed that you could now read minds since you were tehnically a ghost. You wondered what other things you could do now, but you didn't want to invade other people's personal thoughts. Thoughts were meant to be private (which is why they weren't spoken), so you decided then and there that you would not use that power any more unless it was an absolute emergency. You especially didn't want to accidentally hear that one of your friends harbored feelings of hate towards you or something like that, and therefore ruin your relationship when you retook control of your body.

Suppressing the urge to continue listening, you forced your mind to concentrate on zoning out of your mom's thoughts. After about 2 minutes, you succeeded and it was once again quiet in your private area. However, the bad thing was that you missed your parents' announcement while you were concentrating on other things.

You could sense that you had missed it because Minhee was sitting still and was merely staring at your parents even though there was still a strip of bacon on her plate.

Y: >Minhee, what happened? What did my parents say?<

M: >~~~~~, something terrible happened.<

Y: >Huh? What are you talking about? My parents looked so cheerful though...<

M: >Oh sure, it's all fine for them; it's only terrible for us. Your parents...they said we're moving out of town...<

Y: >WHAT!?<

The realization of what that meant seeped into your skin and you shivered from the terror of it. Of course you didn't mind having to make new friends or anything - no, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that it meant you were going to be separated from the box and would likely never see it again. Neither of you knew what would happen if you completely lost the box, but you weren't about to find out yet.

----------------------------------

Dongsun was sitting at the table eating slowly while he was lost in his thoughts, when all of a sudden, he heard a clink of metal and looked up. Facing you, he noticed that you looked quite shock and were trying to maintain your composure.

Switching views and looking towards his parents, he saw their happy faces turn into confused ones. *I guess they told her already* he thought to himself as he went back to eating and thinking again.

It actually wasn't that he didn't care about your reaction. The truth was that he knew you would react this way and was trying to think of a way for you to be able to stay here. He and the parents had to leave because he was going to go to a private school while they needed to move for work, but he had noticed the slight change in your personality since yesterday and knew you wouldn't want to leave. He was quite more observant than anyone gave him credit for. That combined with his closeness to you created a "radar" that you couldn't trick no matter how hard you tried.

Anyway, he pretty much knew that you weren't yourself. He didn't know exactly what was going on, but trusted you to make your own good decisions.

Thinking hard, he then remembered his best friend and his whole face lit up *BINGO!*

He cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, and then asked you a question. "~~~~~, are you okay with leaving with us, or do you want to stay here?"

He watched you hesitate, but then you became confident when you answered. "I want to stay here," you said.

He nodded and looked at his shocked parents. "Don't worry," he told them, "I know just the place where she can stay. My best friend lives right on the next street over and he has a whole house to himself. He is very responsible and will likely care for ~~~~~ just as much as I care for her. We don't need to worry about her living alone with him because he is my best friend and I trust him. You know I wouldn't even consider his home if I thought there was even the slightest possiblity he would hurt ~~~~~."

His parents studied his face carefully while listening to what he had to say. They trusted him since he was the one taking care of you most of the time (much more than they did, at least), but they wanted to be 100% sure that he knew he was making the right decision.

------------------------------

Minhee looked back and forth from your parents to your brother. *Why does this feel so nerve-wracking?* She thought.

M: >What's going to happen?<

Y: >It looks like we might have a chance to stay, but it all depends on what my parents say. If they agree, then we (A/n: meaning you and Minhee) won't have to move. If they don't approve, then we are separated from the box forever. What will happen if we lose the box?<

M: >I have no idea...but I have a feeling that it won't be anything good. Both our lives might be on the line here.<

-------------------------------

A/n: Hey! So I updated again ^^ I didn't know it was going to turn out quite this long, but take this as an apology for the pointlessness of the previous chapter :)

So I have two questions to ask you:

1) Would you prefer the new character to be from Teen Top, or from a different group? (please name a group if you choose a different one. And please take into consideration Dongsun's age so that he doesn't end up with a best friend too old for him :P)

2) Do you guys like the way this is going, or would you prefer a more "evil" spirit? Because I know ghost stories tend to lean towards the more creepy side while this story is turning more cheerful-ish.

Please answer these questions in the comment box below and I shall take everyone's opinions into consideration ^^ Thank you!!

Oh, and you can always send your own ideas as well if you ever want something added to the story. I'm open to any ideas you have :3 Or you can just sit back and read whatever I write xD It's ok if you prefer not to interact with the story :) Thanks for reading and/or commenting! I look forward to hearing your opinions :)