The item that changed my life

The Music Box

A/n: FIRST CHAPTER FINALLY DONE! Haha I am so gad I got that of my shoulders ^^ Btw: I will be using ~~~~~ in place of your name :) since I'm too lazy to think of a name for your character xD

Anyway, please enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

It was a hot Friday afternoon, and the students of room 105 were all tired of the heat that pounded them as they tried their best to focus on the teacher at the front of the room.

RING!!!!!!!!

The classroom full of students flinched at the loud bell that signalled the end of the day.
 
"Is it just me, or did the bell sound louder than normal today?" you mumbled under your breath as you woke up from your nap.
 
"YAH! ~~~~~!!!!! You can't tell me you fell asleep in class again!?"
 
You looked up to see your shocked best friend, Minah, staring at you with wide eyes. Seeing her expression made you crack up, so you all you could do is grin widely and shrug at her. Which of course only made her sigh and shake her head.
 
"Yet you still manage to get straight A's..." said an amused boy standing in the doorway.
 
"Oppa!" You smiled brightly and ran over to greet him. "How was class today, oppa?"
 
"Boring as usual. But I'm sure class was even more boring for you," he winked and ruffled your long hair that had been carefully pulled into a tight ponytail.
 
You pouted at your brother. He was a year older than you, and was taller than you by a good 5 inches or so. He was pretty popular among the girls of your class because they saw him almost everyday (not to mention he was quite attractive ;D). After all, he usually came to pick you up at the end of the day. Forming a quick plan in your mind, you used his popularity to your advantage and allowed people to crowd around and block him while you carried out a quick revenge.
 
Flicking his forehead, you quickly grabbed your bag of stuff and squeezed past him. "Bye Minah, see you on Monday!" You yelled over your shoulder as you ran out of the building for the weekend.
 
"Aish, that sneaky little ~~~~~,"  your oppa smiled as he watched your retreating back. She's so adorable... He thought to himself.
 
----------------------------------------
 
Whistling as you skipped, you were smiling at yourself and staring at the sky. What a beautiful day it is...
 
You carried along as you were for a few more minutes before you started to wonder what was taking your oppa so long to catch up. He couldn't possibly have gotten hurt, could he!? Your face took on a worried expression and you looked over your shoulder to see if he was there, but all of a sudden you fell on your with a squeal.
 
Quickly looking up to see what you had run into, you were surprised to see a boy your age standing over you. His head was tilted as he looked at you curiously and you became a bit embarrassed that you had run into someone. Standing up quickly, you bowed in apology.
 
"Mianhae! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, so I ran into you on accident," you said while still bent over. Then, standing straight again, you saw that the boy had already started to turn around and was shrugging his shoulders.
 
"Don't worry about it," he replied while walking away.
 
Tilting your head in confusion, you watched as he slowly left. I swear I've seen that kid somewhere before... On second glance, you saw that he was wearing your school's uniform. In sudden realization, you smiled at yourself.
 
"Of course! He's the kid in my class who doesn't talk a lot. Well, no wonder I didn't recognize him at first. After all, he doesn't give off much of a presence. Now, what was his name again...?" You paused in thought again.
 
"Are you talking about Changjo?" Came a voice behind you. Startled, you jumped slightly at the sudden reappearance of your oppa.
 
"You scared me!" You lightly slapped your brother's shoulder.
 
Chuckling, he wrapped his arm around your shoulders, "Come on, let's head home."
 
"Awwwww, but I wanted to stop by the antique shop on the way." you pouted cutely and lightly pushed his arm away.
 
"Ah, mianhae. I don't have time to make any stops..." he frowned in apology.
 
"That's fine. I have no problem going by myself!"
 
Sighing, your brother gave in. He never really could deny you anything as long as it didn't harm you. And he knew that you stopping by the antique shop wouldn't hurt. "Alright," he gave in. "But make sure you don't buy too much and don't stay too long. I expect you home no later than an hour!"
 
Giggling, you hugged him tightly and nodded against his chest. Then releasing him, you ran off in the direction of the shop.
 
-------------------------------
 

-Inside the antique shop-

"Ajusshi, I came by again today!~" You hollered throughout the tiny building.

"Ah, is that you, ~~~~~? I hope you made sure to bring me some treats this time." Came a faint teasing voice from the back of the front room.

"Awwwww Ajusshi, I thought seeing me was enough of a treat!" You teased back as you navigated the towering shelves filled with knick knacks that took up most of the room. "I see this place is as dusty as ever," you said to yourself and scrunched up your nose to hold back a sneeze.

A head poked out from behind one of the shelves and winked at you. "I heard that~" the head said as you drew nearer.

"Ajusshiiiiiiiii!" you whined. "You need to clean this place more often."

"Sorry, sorry. You know I have too much stuff to be able to do that."

"Well then at least do some organizing! Haha this place looks like a hoarder's home."

"Hm...I must admit that you're right about that."

"Oh yeah, before I forget..." you reached into your bag to pull out a box of Pocky and handed it over.

"Hahahaha I guess you did bring some snacks after all," the owner of the shop tore the box open. "Feel free to look around as much as you want. I'll give you one thing for free today since you come over a lot and keep me company," he said over his shoulder as he walked away and munched on the chocolate covered biscuit.

"Ajusshi, you're the best!" You yelled at his back and smiled at his chuckling and mumbling about how great a kid you were.

Quickly moving over to the shelf closest to you, you scanned it with your expert eyes for anything interesting. Your parents were both antique collectors and you had inherited their sharp eyes, so you knew a good thing when you saw it. Not spying anything on the first shelf, you moved across the room to try to get some more variety. As you walked, you spied a glass cabinet and peered in to find a faded wooden box sitting by itself on the middle shelf.

Smiling widely, you opened the doors and picked up the object that would change your life forever. If only you knew...