She's back

The Music Box

A/N: Credit for the new poster *:D* goes to xojellybonxo!! Thanks!

Thanks from me too! The poster looks wonderful :)

Btw readers: I deleted one of the previous chapters (chapter 5, which had some character descriptions), so the numbering is a bit messed up now. Sorry xD Anyway, enjoy the update!

---------------------------

The girls surrounded Minhee and began to poke at her with their feet, kicking harder each time.

"Yah! Get up!"

"Answer us!"

"Why aren't you responding?"

"Go crawl into a hole and die!"

Minhee covered her ears, trying to block out the harshness of their words. She squeezed her eyes shut in an effort to prevent more tears and gradually, the pain of the attacks faded as she lay there, allowing herself to be beaten. She didn't know how many minutes had passed, but she finally gathered the courage to open her eyes--first the left, and then the right.

After blinking several times and rubbing her eyes, she realized that the girls weren't surrounding her anymore. *When did they even stop hurting me...?*

She surveyed her surroundings and was surprised to find one of her attackers on the ground just a few feet away. *What in the world...?* The rest of the girls were standing in front of the one on the ground, but with their backs turned to Minhee. From her spot on the ground, she could hear foul language coming from them.

Extremely curious as to what happened, she tried to stand up but found that her body was numb. *Aish, now of all times...And it's only the first day of school.*

Y: >Minhee, are you okay!? I'm so sorry this happened!!<

M: >Y-yeah, I feel fine...but I can't stand up. What happened?<

Y: >What do you mean you can't stand up!? You need to go to the nurse's office right now! It seems like my friend Minah knocked down one of your attackers, and now all the other girls are ganging up on Minah.<

M: >I would go if I could, but how am I supposed to get there if I can't even stand? Wait...what!? Will your friend be okay?< Minhee began to painfully drag herself in the direction of the others.

Y: >She'll be fine, just stop moving! You're going to hurt yourself even more.<

M: >How can she be fine if they're all attacking her at once!?< She reached the other girls and crawled around them to see what was happening. She was surprised to see a fierce-looking girl with short, flaming red hair glaring at Minhee's attackers.

You sighed. As much as you didn't want Minah to go back to her violent ways, you couldn't help it if Minhee was to be protected.

Y: >Just trust me, Minah is stronger than you think she is. She knows much more about fighting than you and I ever will because she actually used to be in a gang.<

M: >...<

Y: >Just don't worry about it and stay still until you can get some help. It probably won't be long until Minah comes over to check on you.<

M: >Okay.<

------------------------------------------------

Minah continued to glare at the girls until one of them spoke up. *Must be the leader* She thought as she turned her focus towards the talking one.

"Yah, do you have a problem? Who do you think you are to be pushing around one of my girls!?" She yelled at Minah.

"You're asking if I have a problem? Well, allow me to ask you the same question. Do YOU have a problem? What gives you the right to beat my best friend? If you knew what was best for you, you never would've even THOUGHT about touching her."

The other girls just scoffed. "What's your point? Even if she's your best friend, it has nothing to do with you."

"Tsk tsk, these girs know nothing of loyalty," Minah shook her head sadly and said to herself. "Anyway, do you guys even know who I am? You must not, if you're going to mess with my best friend."

" 'Best friend this, best friend that'. You keep going on about her being your best friend, but what does that matter to us? And you sound so full of yourself when you act like we're supposed to know you. What, are you the Queen of England or something?" The leader rolled her eyes.

"Far from it." Smirking, Minah casually pulled back the hair that was covering the left side of her face and revealed an ugly scar that ran from the middle of her forehead to just below her eye. "Does the Queen of England have a scar that was earned from countless nights of fighting? One that strikes fear in the hearts of all who see it? You should know who I am by now."

Everyone (not only the bullies, but all the other students that were watching) stopped and stared at Minah and her scar. Mumbles of "Holy crap." and "Is she back again...?" spread through the growing crowd as people gathered to get a glimpse of the well-known gangster who had "retired". All (except for the girls that had been bullying Minhee) were hoping to witness the fighter's comeback.

"It's the Phoenix...I can't believe I didn't recognize her from her flaming hair." the leader whispered to herself.

*I just love the look on people's faces when they find out who I am. I'm actually kind of glad these chicks didn't recognize me at first.*

"So," Minah began again. "Do you really want to go through with this, or would you rather apologize to my friend over there and go through the rest of the day unharmed?" Minah's eyes flicked over to Minhee who was still watching the scene from the ground.

"Ani, that's not n-necessary. I'll go a-apologize to her on behalf of all of us." The leader stuttered and walked over to Minhee. She bent down and apologized with fear in her eyes, and then helped Minhee stand while treating her like royalty.

While Minah watched the leader apologize, the crowd filtered away disappointedly. Minah watched the leader help up Minhee (of course Minah still doesn't know that your body has been taken over by Minhee), but then she heard a voice come from behind.

"Hello Minah, it's nice to see that you're so cheerful this early in the morning," came a cold voice filled with sarcasm. The voice caused chills to run down Minah's spine, because she had never wanted to hear that voice ever again.

------------------------------------------------

Minhee was leaning heavily on the shoulder of the girl that had previously been bullying her, when she gave up and said "You know what? Just put me back down. Minah will help me, so you girls should probably get going."

The leader set her on the ground, and then they all bowed and ran away.

Y: >What time is it? You can't be late to class...<

M: >Uh, it's only 8:20.<

Y: >Only 8:20? Then you have about 10 minutes to get to class, so you better call Minah and tell her to hurry up! Wait...what is she doing?

M: >Huh?? I'm not sure. Who is that behind her?<

You and Minhee both watched as Minah stiffened at the voice of the girl behind her. "Nina..." You both heard her whisper.

*NINA!? It can't be...THAT Nina?* You thought.

M: >Who is Nina?<

Y: >Nina is...Minah's fraternal twin. She told me that she hadn't seen Nina in at least 2 years, and I can tell from the way Minah talked about her that they don't get along well. I never thought...< you trailed off as you thought about what this could mean.

M: >You never thought what?<

Y: >I never thought I'd ever actually meet the girl that Minah despises more than any other.<

------------------------------------------------

Jeongmin's Corner

:D Hello readers, how was this chapter??? -leans in-

Don't scare them away!! We'll lose subscribers!! Right, kpopmew?

-nods while pulling Jeongmin back by the collar- stop being a creeper (that's my job...lol JK)

*No one's ever on my side :'(* How come you guys defend each other but not me??

Because we're friends!!! And you're always caught up on the chapter, the readers, and how you don't/do get "screen time".

Would you rather I disappear from the corner, then? >_>

If you do disappear from it, then I can always take over :P

Nina!! What are you doing here? O.o

Hehehe secret ;) Hey everyone! Special guest Nina here :D

Nina, you're supposed to be the bad person...

O.O Other characters can join Jeongmin's corner? I didn't know that...I feel stupid. :p

I didn't know other characters could join my corner either >_> Oh well, too late now I guess.

Hey, it's my CHARACTER that's bad, not me!! It's not my fault you authors gave me the "mean girl" part.

You're still ruining your character's image though...

-nods in agreement- Though I have to say, I like this Nina better.

I don't even have an image yet O.o

True...But you're ruining your future image!

-cough cough- I've been ignored...

-laughs at what Jeongmin says-

Yay! I was noticed!! :D

Anyway, did you readers like the update? 8D ik, you hate me, right? TT.TT Well, at least you'll hate me later... -runs off to cry in a corner-

-faces readers- Just for the record: this didn't happen, ok??

I HEARD THAT!!

You didn't see anything -does the Madagascar penguins' move-