Caught...?

The Music Box

"Haha...ha...ha..." Minhee laughed nervously.

"Who's Minhee?" asked Jeongmin.

Upon hearing his question, Minhee gulped. She couldn't believe she had slipped up like that--and she hasn't even been living here for a day yet.

"A friend of yours?" Jeongmin continued, making Minhee blink in surprise.

"Friend...? Oh yeah! A very good friend of mine. Sometimes she'll pick out my cothes for me, and since I'm not always fully awake when I change, it looks like she decided to play a prank on me," Minhee babbled on in relief. Maybe she semed too relieved...but it looked like Jeongmin bought it.

*The solution was so simple, yet I acted so guilty. I'm glad he made an excuse for me, or else I really would've been caught.*

------------------------------------------

*She thinks she can fool me, but I knew from the first time I saw her that something was off. I should know, since I can sense and communicate with spirits. In fact, that power is what got me into the trouble that forced me to move in the first place.*

Jeongmin just nodded absentmindedly at her excuses so that she wouldn't suspect he knew. As he nodded, he left the bathroom and went back downstairs to the kitchen.

Once he was out of sight, he smirked. Now he knew exactly why you were surrounded by a strange aura. *well, this should be interesting. I just hope this doesn't bring me too much trouble.*

-------------------------------------------

The rest of the day passed rather uneventfully. Jeongmin now knew the secret of you and Minhee, but he didn't let either of you realize he knew.

Other than that, Minhee just organized her new room while you told her about school and prepared her for what she was going to experience tomorrow.

M: >So wait...now that your brother is gone with your parents, won't the girls in your class be disappointed?<

Y: >Oh, you're right--I didn't think about that. Too bad for them I guess. Maybe he happened to tell some of them that he was going to move out of town on Saturday. Either that or they're just going to find out tomorrow that he's gone.<

You had only moved into Jeongmin's home so quickly because your family's train to their new home had left the same night of the day they told you they were moving. As a result you had had to move everything that same day, but you assumed that Dongsun had known about it before that day.

M: >You know, I wonder why your parents didn't tell you that they were going to move until the same day that you were moving.<

Y: >It's probably because they thought I was going to go with them. Knowing them, they probably never even thought about the possibility I might want to stay.<

M: >I guess that makes sense. I suppose your school is going to have a shock tomorrow. I hope it doesn't affect how people act towards you...<

Y: >I hope so, too...<

------------------------------------------

The next morning when Minhe woke up, her back was burning and she wanted to scratch at it, but she didn't know why. She ignored it at first as she did her stretches and washed her face, but when she was changing into the school uniform, she finally couldn't take it anymore.

"AISH! What is wrong with me!?" She yelled and looked at it in the mirror.

As soon as she saw what it was, she couldn't move and it became hard to breathe. Eyes wide, she stared at it for a long time before she closed her eyes and rubbed them. *It's just my imagination,* she thought. However, it was still there when she looked again.

Right in between her shoulder blades was an analog clock that looked as though it had been scratched into her skin with a knife or some other sharp object. It was different though, because the numbers were replaced with strange symbols. The shorter hand of the clock was what looked like an old-fashioned key, while the long hand was maybe a wing. Everything was blood-red (a/n: since it was actually blood that seeped through the scratches in her skin), but the wing was black.

*Black? Why isn't the wing red like everything else?* Minhee felt a shudder rip through her. *Why is this "tattoo" even on my body?* Yet she couldn't help but feel that she knew why it was there.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Ahhh!" Minhee jumped from the surprise knock, and she accidentally hit her head on the mirror in the process.

"~~~~~? Are you okay?" came Jeongmin's voice from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine! I think..." Minhee called back as she winced and rubbed her sore forehead.

"Sorry about that. I was just coming to tell you that you have fifteen minutes left before I take you to school."

"Fifteen minutes onl-- WAIT, WHAT?? You're taking me to school!?"

A chuckle was heard. "Yeah. It's on my way to work, so I figured I could drop you off. Why? Are you hiding something from me at your school?"

Minhee swore he was smirking right now. *Really? He came up with this conclusion HOW, exactly? =.=*

"Don't worry, I'm just kidding. Anyway, hurry up. Breakfast's on the tabe when you're ready, so come down before it gets cold!"

Shaking her head, Minhee finished changing and she checked herself in the mirror one more time before she grabbed her backpack and left the room.

---------------------------------

A/n: I haven't been getting as many comments as I used to, which makes me sad :( I'm not one of the authors that will stop writing because of that (since I have a goal to actually finish this story instead of just starting it and never finishing it), but I still would like to have comments because it helps keep me motivated. With that said, I would like to thank AsianPopAddict and MulticultureINSPIRIT for being the only ones to comment on my last two chapters :) I really appreciate it you guys! ^^ I hope more people comment after reading this :3

Whether you comment or not, please look forward to the next chapter!~