❄ wooyeol @thoroughlycollected on tumblr ❄

2014 winter drabble dump

“A cool and somewhat blustery Christmas.” That’s what the weather girl on the news said. 

Sungyeol can’t help but think it’s a bit of an understatement as he stares out the window; snowflakes look like streaks of white against the night sky and strong winds pound the window, shaking the entire building. 

He sighs as he hugs a pillow to his chest and watches the flames of candles on the coffee table flicker slightly. (Non-scented, because Woohyun’s nose is sensitive to artificial smells.) 

The kettle on the gas stove shrieks as steam escapes the spout. 

Woohyun walks into the living with two mugs in hand.

“Bored?” he asks as he hands Sungyeol a mug. (It’s the one with a monkey on it. Woohyun knows him so well.) 

Sungyeol nods, taking a sip. He grimaces and sets the mug down on the table when the hot liquid burns the tip of his tongue. He lays down, resting his head on Woohyun’s lap and hugging the pillow tighter with a pout. 

“We can’t watch a movie or bake cookies or even turn on the tree lights.” Sungyeol pouts. “Stupid storm.” 

“Hey, it’s not that bad,” Woohyun says, twisting a lock of Sungyeol’s hair between his fingers. “We could be stuck in an airport or something.” 

“That would be fun though!” Sungyeol whines. “We could play hide and seek or steal a security guy’s segway or make one of those lip sync music videos like that video online.” 

Woohyun sighs and places his mug down next to Sungyeol’s. He removes Sungyeol’s head from his lap and stands from the couch.

“Where are you doing?” Sungyeol asks as Woohyun drags him to his feet. 

Woohyun wordlessly drags him across the hallway towards their bedroom. He stops under the doorway and turns to face Sungyeol.

“What’s --” Sungyeol starts. 

But Woohyun cuts him off by pulling Sungyeol by his collar and pressing his lips to his.

“-- that for?” Sungyeol finishes when they pull away.

Woohyun shrugs with a playful smile and nods up at the mistletoe hanging over the doorway. “Christmas fun without electricity, I guess.” 



(prompt: blustery)