❄ gyujong for anon on tumblr ❄

2014 winter drabble dump

“This one?”

“No.”

“Okay, how about this one?”

“Don’t even think about it.”

“Well, what about this one?”

“Ew, are you serious?”

Sunggyu closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, trying to control his frustration with the younger boy. Sungjong watches him turns towards the giant shelf and pull another candle off of the the shelf. He reads the label for the type of scent; Warm Vanilla. 

“Okay, let’s get this one then,” he decides.

“No we can’t get that one.” Sungjong shakes his head.

“Why not?” Sunggyu sighs.

Sungjong takes the candle from Sunggyu and puts it back on the shelf. “Because Sungyeol’s nose is sensitive to strong scents. He’s going to get a headache the minute we light it.” 

“Okay.” Sunggyu nods and grabs a plain, white candle. “Then, this one. Let’s go.”

He beings to walking towards the checkout counter. They have been in this store for nearly an hour, which is much too long for for candle shopping for anyone. This was supposed to be easy. He was just supposed to pick a candle for the members. He planned on just writing a heartfelt message, saying that the candle represents the flame of their brotherhood or something equally as cheesy. And that’s it. 

Sunggyu thought bringing Sungjong along would help him since the younger was into design recently and probably easily pick out a candle that fit the style of each member. Boy, was he wrong. 

“Wait!” Sungjong cries and grabs his arm.

“What now?”

“Woohyun’s going to complain that it’s too plain. You should pick a different one.” 

Sunggyu sighs and walks back to the shelf. He tries not to slam the candle down on the metal ledge. He turns back to Sungjong with a borderline murderous glare. “Well which one do you want to get?”

Sungjong shrugs. “Whichever one you want to get,” he answers with a bright smile. “It’s your present, after all.” 




(prompt: candle)