❄ myunggyu for ilma (@gyuseu on tumblr) ❄

2014 winter drabble dump

Sunggyu rubs lingering remnants of sleep out of his eyes as he sits on the floor of their dorm’s living room. The younger boys (aka Sungyeol and Woohyun) tear open mountains of fan given presents, eyes much too bright for anyone before noon. 

Myungsoo and Sungjong emerge from their rooms, arms full of gifts that they distribute to their fellow members. (Always thinking of others, Sunggyu thinks as he watches the two youngest with an amused smile.) 

“Merry Christmas, hyung.” Myungsoo gently places a red gift box with a giant gold bow on the carpet and pushes it towards Sunggyu.

“You didn’t have to give me anything,” Sunggyu says but immediately begins to pull apart the ribbon.

“I hope you like it.” Myungsoo sits in front of him and stares down at the box intently. “I picked them out myself.” 

Sunggyu grins as he removes the lid. “I’m sure I -- what are these?”

He stares down at the contents of the box blankly. Noticing his less than ecstatic reaction, Myungsoo’s eyes widen with worry. 

“Didn’t you say you wanted them?” Myungsoo asks, his voice quickening slightly. “Last week during rehearsal?”

“Uhhh ...” He continues to look in box as the contents stare him in the face. 

“You don’t like them, don’t you?” A disappointed frown forms on the younger boy’s lips and his shoulders slump. “I’m sorry, hyung, I thought they were cute but I wasn’t sure if --”

“No, no, they’re cute!” Sunggyu places a hand on Myungsoo’s shoulder to get him to calm down. “It’s just -- I said I wanted mittens, not … kittens.”

As if on cue, one of the tiny kittens jumps out of the box and pads its way across to the carpet towards Myungsoo. The other simply glances around the room.

“Oh.” Myungsoo picks up the kitten and its head. He gives Sunggyu an embarrassed smile. “Oops?” 



(prompt: mittens)