❄ myunggyu for @absolutemys on tumblr ❄

2014 winter drabble dump

“We’re gonna die, we’re gonna die, we’re gonna die,” Woohyun chants under his breath.

“No we’re not,” Howon snaps back and quickly glances around the tree they’re hiding behind. 

“They already got Dongwoo!” Woohyun cries. “It’s only a matter of time before they get us too!” 

Sunggyu rolls his eyes. (But he can’t ignore the way that his heart is actually beating quite quickly in his chest.)

“Okay here’s what we’re going to do,” Howon says to Sunggyu, “Me and Woohyun will go this way.” He points over his shoulder towards another line of trees. “And you’ll go that way.” He points in the opposite direction towards an open field. 

“So basically I’m the distraction so you two can save yourselves,” Sunggyu deadpan.

“Sacrifices need to made in times like these, hyung,” Howon says solemnly. 

Sunggyu rolls his eyes. “Ugh, whatever, just go.” 

After the younger boys run off, Sunggyu bends down and grabs two handfuls of snow. He squeezes the snow and shrugs off the fact that his snowballs are so deformed they shouldn't even be counted as snowballs. 

He slowly walks towards the clearing, checking his surroundings with every step. Clouds of steam emerge from his mouth as he takes deep breaths.

It’s so quiet that he begins to think that the trio of youngest members isn’t even hiding in this part of the forest. 

And that’s when he get hit. 

A cold sensation hits the left side of his face and then the right. And before he can even defend himself, he’s tackled onto the ground, deformed snowballs flying out of his hands at the impact. 

“Hi, hyung,” Myungsoo giggles, arms locked around Sunggyu’s shoulders as the oldest struggles beneath him. 

Dongwoo runs over to them and rips off the bandana that’s tied around Sunggyu’s arm. 

“Victory!” Dongwoo yells, waving the bandana in the air and making a woofing noise. 

Sungyeol and Sungjong emerge from behind two trees and give each other a high five.

“Dongwoo, you’re not even on their team,” Sunggyu grumbles as Myungsoo helps him to his feet.

But Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Sungyeol are already long gone, pursuing their next target. 

As Sunggyu bitterly dusts off his jacket and pants, Myungsoo quietly picks snow chunks out of his hair. 

“Thanks,” Sunggyu sighs. 

“No problem,” Myungsoo replies. “I was the one who tackled you.” 

“Was that part of your guys’ plan?” Sunggyu asks.


“No,” Myungsoo shakes his head simply, “I just thought it would be fun.” 




(prompt: snow)
note: idk how this well aligns with the theme, but i tried im sorry.