Daydream, Meeting the Sunbae

Beauty and the Bassist

~At The Dorms ~

Mr. Jung drove Hanna to an apartment and Hanna looked at it. It looked pretty nice. She and the man got her luggage and took all it up to the dorm. When they got to the door Mr. Jung gave Hanna a piece of paper. Hanna saw there were numbers on there.

“The pass code for your dorm. Memorize it so you won’t get locked out.” Hanna nodded and put the piece of paper in her back pocket. She heard someone call Mr. Jung and saw a man coming up to them.

“Annyeong Taehoon. Hanna, this is your group’s manager.” Hanna looked at the man and bowed. He looked like he was in his mid-twenties.

“You must be the last member. The others are inside. You can go in already. We’ll bring in the rest of the luggage.” The two men left to go get her stuff. Hanna took in a deep breath and took out the paper from her pocket. She looked at the numbers and at the lock. She pressed in the numbers and heard a beep. She hesitated but then opened the door. She peeked her head in first and then stepped inside. She knew that she had take off her shoes first before stepping into the living room. She heard giggling coming from inside and slowly walked in. She tightly grabbed the strap of her bag, looking for the other members and then went into the kitchen and found three Korean girls eating fruit. They all saw her and stopped giggling. Hanna was nervous and didn’t know what to say. The girls came up to her.

“Are you our new member?” One of the girls asked in Korean. Hanna nodded slowly. Then looked at the floor. She heard squealing and then felt a huge impact coming on her as the three girls were hugging her all at once.

“She’s so cute!”

“She must be really shy!”

“I wish I was a pretty as her!” Hanna wasn’t used to this at all and felt a bit uncomfortable. She didn’t want to be rude so she just let them hug her. As the hug ended, one of the girls who had LONG hair came up to Hanna.

“Annyeong. My name is Kim Mi Cha. I’m the oldest and the leader. The short haired girl is Park Hyun Jae and she’s the main dancer. The straight haired one is Lee Bong Cha and she is the lead vocal. I’m also the lead vocal. You are our main vocal.” Mi Cha explained. Hanna smiled a bit.

“Annyeonhaseyo. Hanna Woods-inmida.” Hanna bowed a bit.

“How old are you?” Bong Cha asked while eating a slice of apple.

“I turned 18 last month.” Hanna answered.

“Aw, she’s the maknae of the group. I thought I would be.” Hyun Jae said, pouting. Bong Cha came over to Hanna and placed her arm on Hanna’s shoulder.

“Since you’re the youngest here, you need to know that you should always listen to your unnies and always do as we say. Okay?” Mi Cha hit Bong Cha’s head.

“Unnie!”

“Don’t tell her that. She doesn’t always need to do as we say. Don’t listen to her. She’s just like bossing others around.” Hanna nodded.

“Unnies, we should give her a Korean name to use as a stage name.” Hyun Jae suggested. The girls nodded in agreement.

“How about Park Hanna? I think it fits her.” Mi Cha said. The other two thought and then nodded.

“From now on, you’re Park Hanna.” Hanna nodded in agreement as she too like the name. Then she wondered about something.

“What’s our group’s name?” Mi Cha slapped her forehead.

“Oh right, I forgot to tell you that. Our group’s name is called Daydream. (That’s all I could think of)”

“And our fans are called Dreamers. Creative right? I came up with the name.” Bong Cha said proudly. Hanna smiled at the name. It was pretty. The girls continued to talk to Hana until they heard the door open with grunts and stuff dropping. They walked into the living room and saw Mr. Jung and Taehoon bringing in Hanna’s luggage.

“Why do girls always pack heavy?” Taehoon said while catching his breath. Mr. Jung didn’t answer as he was also catching his breath. The girls except Hanna giggled. Hanna just stood there with a blank face. Mr. Jung came up to Hanna.

“Well, this will probably be the last time we’ll see each other. Good luck with everything.” He stuck out his hand and Hanna shook it. Soon Mr. Jung left and Taehoon gave Hanna some sheets. This is your debut song. Start practicing with the others. Tomorrow you will start your diet and learn the routine of the dance. Next week we’ll be shooting the music video and record for the album. Also we’ll be having your photo shoot. Then two weeks after that, you’ll be debuting on M! Countdown. Be ready!” Taehoon gave Hanna a smile and she ree. Taehoon had to go so after he left, the girls helped Hanna get her stuff in her room that she’ll be sharing with Hyun Jae.

~ Later That Night ~

After taking a shower and getting ready for bed, Hanna took the music sheets and sat on her bed, Hyun Jae was in the living room playing computer games. Hanna read over the highlighted parts. She was nervous about singing in front of the others since she never really sang in front of someone other than her vocal coach she had when she was a trainee. Hanna continued to practice quietly until Hyun Jae came bursting into the room.

“We have to go to bed. Unnie’s orders. I’m not even tired.” Hyun Jae whined as she climbed into bed. She noticed Hanna holding the sheets.

“Were you practicing?” Hanna nodded. Hyun Jae sat up.

“Can I hear you sing? Just one line.” Hyun Jae looked at Hanna with pleading eyes. Hanna couldn’t refuse so she sang one line of her part and looked at Hyun Jae. She was just staring at Hanna.

“Wow. You’re so amazing. No wonder they made you main vocalist.” Hanna blushed at the compliment.

“You know, you should smile more often. It really suits you. Besides you’re really pretty.” Hyun Jae yawned and laid down.

“Goodnight maknae. Make sure to turn off the light.” Hyun Jae drifted off to sleep and Hanna put the sheets on the bedside table and shut off the lights. Tomorrow was going to be a new day.

~ At Practice~

“Okay girls, now we are going to have you sing while you dance. But there’s something you should know. Every time we are going to debut a new singer, the sunbaes come and watch. So right now FTIsland, CNBlue, AOA, and Juniel are coming to see you. Don’t be nervous, just pretend they’re not here. Take a short rest. When they come we’ll start.” The choreographer told Daydream. As they sat on the floor, they began to become nervous.

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe Hongki is coming! I am his biggest fan!” Mi Cha exclaimed. She began squealing loudly, causing the members to cover their ears.

“Unnie! Calm down.” Hyun Jae said as she took a sip of water.

“Who’s Hongki?” Hanna asked. The members all looked at her as if she was crazy.

“You don’t know Hongki? He’s FTIsland sunbaenim’s  leader. How could not know him? They’re the first band that FNC created.” Bong Cha explained.

“I don’t really know FNC idols that well.” Hanna said as she looked down.

“It’s okay. You’ll learn everyone’s name soon.” Mi Cha said. The girls continued to talk until the door opened. The four girls quickly stood up and in came 17 idols. Nine guys and eight girls. Hanna didn’t really recognize any of them but tried not to show her cluelessness. Mi Cha started off the introduction.

“1, 2, 3… We are your dream! Annyeonghaseyo Daydream-inmida!”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Mi Cha-inmida. I’m Daydream’s leader and lead vocal.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Bong Cha-inmida. I am the vocal and lead rapper.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Park Hyun Jae-inmida. I’m the main dancer and vocal.” Hanna took a deep breath and stepped forward.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Park Hanna-inmida. I’m Daydream’s maknae and main vocal.” She stepped back, relieved that introductions were over. She felt a lot of eyes on her but kept her head up, trying not to look down.

“You’re Korean? You don’t really look like it.” One guy said. She didn’t who he was.

“Aniyo. My real name is Hanna Woods. I just use Park as my stage name.” She explained. He nodded in acknowledgement. While the other girls were being questioned, Hanna looked at all the sunbaes and one guy caught her eye. She looked away and snuck glances at him. Soon after talking the girls were ready to show their song.

“Our song is called ‘Shady Girl’.” Mi Cha said. The girls got into their places and as the music started, so did they. Hanna felt all her nervousness flow away as she started singing. She even saw the guy smiling when she came up. The song ended and the girls were catching their breaths. They stood in a line and waited for their sunbae’s response.

“That was really good. I can tell you guys put a lot of practice into it.” One of the guys said. Hanna sort of recognized him.

‘Isn’t he the leader of that other band?’ She thought in her head.

“I like the concept. It fits the group’s name very well.” A very petite girl said.

“It kind of reminds me of Sistar a bit.” Another girl said. The others agreed. Soon after everyone else made a comment, it was time for the sunbaes to leave. Daydream was happy to get some good results for their performance. Hanna was drinking water by the door when someone approached her. She stopped drinking and immediately looked down. It was the guy from earlier.

“You were really good. You Korean sounded really fluent.” Hanna blushed a bit. She has never spoken to a guy before.

“Thank you sunbae.” Hanna said a bit quietly. The guy smiled at her shyness. He stuck his hand out.

“Just call me Jungshin.” Hanna smiled and shook his hand.

“Okay…..Jungshin.” He blushed a bit when she said his name. After they stopped shaking hands, they still didn’t let go.

“So, are you nervous for your debut? It’s coming up pretty soon.” Jungshin asked. Hanna who wasn’t looking down anymore, nodded.

“I have butterflies when I think about it.” Hanna didn’t know why, but she felt comfortable talking to him. Usually she would avoid talking to boys when her mother brought her to parties and such. But it was different with Jungshin.

“Jungshin, we have to go.” A guy with small eyes said when he came in. Jungshin looked back and told him he would be there. He looked back at Hanna and rubbed the nape of his neck.

“I gotta go. I’ll catch you later. Okay?” Hanna nodded and they realized they had to let go of each other’s hands. Hanna slowly pulled hers away and Jungshin said bye and left. Hanna looked at her hand. There was some kind of spark she felt when their hands touched. When she looked back up, the other members were in front of her, looking at her with grinning faces. Hanna looked at them clueless.

“What?” The members gave her a teasing look.

“You and Jungshin sunbae are becoming close. We saw you two, holding hands and smiling at each other. I think you guys might like each other.” Bong Cha said and poked Hanna’s stomach. The other members nodded in agreement.

“I don’t know. I mean, we barely just met and I don’t really know him that well. You guys are just mistaken.” Hanna said. She wasn’t sure that she liked Jungshin already.

“Maybe you’re right. But for right now, let’s not focus on boys. We have a debut to get ready for. Come on, let’s practice.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's the second chapter. I know that it's a little fast but I had his story preplanned and wasn't going to lease it until New Years but I got a new computer d it didn't have Microsoft Word on it so I had to uplaod the story earlier than planned. But oh well. Hopefully this story will be as good as my other. Annyeong!