Close to Debut, Meeting the Rest of CNBlue

Beauty and the Bassist

~ A Week Later ~

“Okay girls, just a few more shots and you’re done.” The photographer said as he started taking more pictures. Daydream was finishing the preparations for the album. They already got the music video finished and the recording done. All was left were the pictures and showcase before their official. Soon the photo shoot was over and the girls were happy things went well. They changed to their regular clothes and bid goodbye to the staff. They got to their van and climbed inside. Taehoon was already inside in the driver’s seat.

“Don’t forget that tomorrow is your showcase so get plenty of rest tonight. And since you guys have been sticking to your diet, I’ll treat you to some BBQ tonight. Just don’t tell the director.” Taehoon smiled.

“Wooooo!!” The girls were ecstatic to finally get something other than salad for dinner. Hanna just sat there smiling, watching her unnies talking about what they were going to eat. Mi Cha turned to her.

“Hanna, have you ever had samgyupsal?” Hanna shook her head at the unfamiliar food. Mi Cha gasped and held Hanna’s arm.

“Oh my gosh! You have to try it. One bite and you’re in heaven. Soon, we’ll treat you to hanwoo. My treat!” Hanna nodded and Mi Cha started talking to Bong Cha. Hyun Jae was sleeping in her seat with her headphones plugged in her ears. Hanna just simply looked out the window, looking at all the buildings they pass by. It’s been a week since she came to Korea and she hasn’t seen a lot yet since they have a busy schedule ahead of them. The director told her that when promotions end, she can go explore Seoul if she wants. But right now, she needs to focus on her debut.

“Oh yeah Hanna, Jungshin asked about you when I stopped by the company today.” Hanna turned her head towards him with surprised. She hasn’t spoken to Jungshin since the day they met. Mi Cha and Bong Cha started grinning.

“Oooooooo~” They started teasing Hanna. She looked at them with a blank reaction and then back at Taehoon.

“Why would he ask about me?” Hanna was curious. Taehoon smiled at her through the mirror.

“He was just wondering how you were and then asked about other things.” Hanna became even more curious.

“What other things?”

“Look girls, we’re here.” Taehoon said, avoiding the conversation. He got out and so did the girls. Hanna was still wondering what Jungshin asked about but didn’t say anything. She decided to keep her thoughts to herself. She followed a sleepy Hyun Jae who was awaken from her slumber. Taehoon led the girls to a table that already had people sitting down.

“Uuh, there are already people who are sitting there.” Bong Cha said, pointing at the table. Taehoon didn’t say anything and continued to walk over to the table and the girls saw the people sitting and got surprised. CNBlue was going to eat with them!

“Did you guys order already?” Taehoon asked. One of them nodded and motioned everyone to sit down. Mi Cha, Bong Cha, and Hyun Jae just took a seat anywhere. Hanna stood there awkwardly, her barrier building around her again.

“Hanna, sit here!” Hanna looked and saw Jungshin motioning her to come sit next to him. She smiled and walked over to him. She sat down and looked at all the different side foods that were on the table. She recognized them from dramas she watched on her computer.

“Have you ever eaten Korean BBQ?” Jungshin asked. Hanna shook her head.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you out. You have to eat this a certain way.” Jungshin started explaining how to eat Korean BBQ to Hanna and they didn’t notice how everyone was looking at them in a teasing way. When they looked up, everyone looked away, pretending they weren’t looking. The two shrugged it off and soon the meat finally came. Taehoon took charge of grilling and everyone else just chatted while waiting for the food to cook.

“So Hanna, is this your first time in Korea?” The guy with a charming smile asked Hanna. She nodded.

“Really? Do you like it so far?” The guy with small eyes asked.

“It’s nice, I just wish to see more of it.” Hanna said truthfully.

“If you want, I can show you around one day.” Jungshin suggested.

“No you can’t, we might be busy in the future.” The guy with a charming smile said. Jungshin pouted.

“Oh I forgot, Mi Cha told us that you don’t really know us. We should introduce ourselves. I’m CNBlue’s leader, Jung Yonghwa.”

“I’m Kang Minhyuk, the band’s drummer.” The one with small eyes said.

“And I’m Lee Jonghyun, the group’s guitarist.” Jonghyun flashed another of his charming smiles at Hanna making her blush a bit.

“You already know me. CNBlue’s maknae and bassist.” Jungshin smiled at her, causing her to smile too.

“Hey guys, meat is done.” Taehoon said he put the cooked meat on the plate. Jungshin took a piece and put it in a piece of lettuce and other stuff and gave it to Hanna. She thanked him and looked at everyone else. The girls were practically shoving the whole wrap in their mouths. Hanna did the same thing and covered her filled mouth and took a minute or two to eat the whole thing. When she finished she noticed everyone looking at her with expectations in their faces.

“How was it?” Hyun Jae asked. Hanna smiled and gave two thumbs up. The table cheered and went back to eating.

~After Dinner ~

“It was a pleasure eating with you, sunbaenims.” Mi Cha and the girls bowed.

“It was our pleasure too. You girls are fun to hang out with. Let’s have dinner sometime again. Call?” Yonghwa said.

“Call. Now let’s go girls, we have a showcase tomorrow. See you guys sometime.” Taehoon said rushing the girls into the van.

“Bye Hanna! See you again!” Jungshin yelled. Hanna looked back and smiled. She waved bye and went inside. When she got inside, the members were looking like they were going to knock out anytime during the ride home.

“Get some rest. It’ll be a while we get to the dorm.” Taehoon told Hanna. She nodded and got comfortable in her seat and drifted off into dreamland.

~Tomorrow After The Showcase ~

“Woo! I thought that it would never end!” Bong Cha exclaimed as she fell on the couch. The girls were coming home from their showcase which lasted a while. They were all a nervous wreck this morning while practicing how to be comfortable in front of the press. There were some tears but the girls were able to pull through and make the show successful. Even Hanna was able to not be shy and speak with confidence. It was a good day for the girls but now the biggest day of their lives was arriving soon. Debut day.

“I’m so excited. Next week, we’ll be debuting at M! Countdown. I told my parents to watch it at home but they said they want to watch me live instead.” Hyun Jae said as she was drinking juice. Hanna remembered how she told her mom a couple of days ago to watch her debut. Her mom said she will when she has time. Hanna was sure her mom would watch.

“I told my parents too. They said they were going to come watch me live instead.” Mi Cha said smiling.

“My parents are coming too. My mom said she’s going to bring us some red ginseng but I told her not to. We don’t need it. But she keeps on insisting. Aigoo. It’s hard for me and my family to handle her sometimes.” Bong Cha said stretching herself on the couch.

“What about you Hanna? Are your parents coming to see you?” Mi Cha asked. Hanna frowned a bit.

“I only have a mom but I don’t think she’ll be able to make it.” Hanna said bitterly. The other members looked at each other and back at her.

“Where’s your dad?” Hyun Jae asked. Hanna sighed.

“I don’t know. He and my mom split up when I was very young. I don’t remember him at all.” Hanna looked down. The others felt bad for Hanna. During the whole time they were together, not one of them knew about Hanna’s parents.

“So what does your mom do?” Mi Cha asked. Hanna smiled a bit and looked up. There were no tears in her eyes but they were sparkling.

“She’s a very powerful business woman. She owns Woods Designs. (Pretend!)” A gasp came from Mi Cha and she ran over to Hanna.

“Your mom is Rebecca Wood? Why didn’t you tell me?!” Mi Cha ran to her room and came back with an expensive looking bag. Hanna recognized it.

“Oh that’s my design.” Hanna pointed out. Mi Cha gasped again.

“No way! I’m using your bag!” The two other members just looked lost.

“Wait a minute. So Hanna’s mom is a very rich fashion designer and Hanna also designs?”  Bong Cha asked. Mi Cha nodded rapidly.

“Not only that, her mom’s a powerful elite just like Hanna’s grandparents. I can’t believe we have royalty in our group. I think I’m going to faint.” Mi Cha dramatically fell on her knees and Bong Cha rolled her eyes.

“Guys, I’m still the same person though. You shouldn’t think differently of me because of my family’s social status. Just think of me as the maknae who just came to Korea becoming a member of Daydream. Okay? And please keep this a secret from everyone. Only Taehoon can know. No one else can.” Hanna said. The members nodded. Mi Cha looked at the clock.

“It’s only 6:05. What do you guys want to eat?”

“Egg rolls and kimbap!” Bong Cha yelled as she was walking back to the couch. Mi Cha grabbed the back of her shirt and dragged her to the kitchen.

“Whoever wants to eat, better help with the cooking!” Mi Cha said. Hyun Jae hooked arms with Hanna.

“Let’s go. She really means it.” Hanna smiled and nodded.

“Yah Kim Bong Cha! You dropped the eggs!”

“Eeew! It’s all over my feet!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Third chapter is uploaded. Did you guys enjoy the others? If you did,thank you! It took a lot of thought to make this story. Do you guys like your members? They're so silly!