Debut Day, Congratulations

Beauty and the Bassist

~ Debut Day ~

The members were in their dressing room, waiting for their turn to perform. They were at M! Countdown having nothing but a nervous feeling in their gut. Bong Cha was continuing to chew countless pieces of gum which is now a big pink ball in . Hyun Jae has gloves on her hands to prevent her from chewing her painted nails. Mi Cha was sitting down, continuously tapping her foot while staring at the clock as the seconds go by. Hanna was on her phone, thinking whether or not to call her mom. She hasn’t spoken to her mom ever since her first week in Korea and wondered if her mother was going to watch. Hanna took a breath and was going to send a text until one popped up. She opened it and saw that it was from her. She smiled and read the message.

‘I told the girls from the country club about you debuting. We’re going to all watch it tomorrow. You should have seen the look on their faces when they heard about this. Try not to disappoint me.’ Hanna was happy that her mom was going to watch her debut but knew her mother expected perfectness.  Hanna turned off her phone and turned her attention to the television. A boy band she didn’t recognize was performing. She nodded her head, moving along with the beat.

Someone call the doctor nal butjapgo malhaejwo

Sarageun gyeolguk jungdok overdose

Sigani jinalsurok tongjedo himdeureojyeo

Jeomjeom gipsugi ppajyeoganda

Oh too much neoya your love ~ igeon overdose

Too much neoya your love ~ igeon overdose

She saw twelve boys singing on stage and was amazed by the number of members that are in that group. She stood up and walked over to the makeup table where her bag was and grabbed a bottle of water. She was about to eat out of it until someone swiped it out of her hand. She looked over and saw Taehoon holding it.

“No drinking before going on stage. I don’t need someone needing to use the bathroom while performing. Just practice for right now. You’re on in ten.” He walked away with her water. Hanna went over to Mi Cha who was still tapping away.

“Unnie, we should practice a bit before we go on stage.” Mi Cha stopped tapping and looked up. She smiled and stood up from her seat and called for the other two. The four girls took their practiced their positions and vocals. Hanna started feeling a bit nervous. She was about to perform in front of a bunch of people including the millions that will watch on their tvs and computers.

‘Calm down Hanna. You can do this.’ Hanna gave herself some self-esteem. She continued to practice until one of the staffs came in.

“Daydream’s turn to go on.” The four girls started breathing deeply and walked out of the room following the producers to their debut stage. When they came up to it, it was white and pink with their name spelled out with huge letter blocks. They all smiled as they saw how perfect their debut was going to be.

“Okay girls, just stand in the middle and make sure to look in the camera when you see the red light. Also, good luck.” The producer left and the girls looked at each other with reassuring smiles.

“Let’s do this right girls. We only get one chance to make this right.” Mi Cha told the younger ones. She held her hand out and the others put theirs on top.

“Daydream on three. One, two, three…DAYDREAM!” The girls smiled and walked on to the stage. Hanna posed and waited. She never felt so nervous in her entire life. She heard the MCs talking as they were introducing them.

(I’m just going to use Yuri and Tiffany from SNSD)

“Okay, for our next performance is a very cute girl group who are making their very first debut!” Yuri said.

“That’s right. These girls will blow your mind away with the very adorable song! Let’s give it up for the pretty, the cute, and the amazingly talented…”

“DAYDREAM!” They both shouted. Then the music started playing.

You know, It's BRAVESOUND (Bravesound)
We doin' it again, Daydream’s first single (yeah)
Uh, Shady girl!

[Hanna]Yeonghwareul bol ttae myeon, nan kkamjjak nollaeya hae
Neowa babeul meogeul ttae, nan hangsang namgyeoya hae
[Mi Cha]Seulpeuji anhado nunmureul heullyeoya hae
Ireon nae maeumeul, neoneun algo inneunji

[Hanna]Mul hanjan masigo, nan chwihan cheok haeya hae
Amuri himdeureodo, hangsang useoya hae
[Mi Cha]Baega nawa boilkka bwa, ginjanghaeya dwae
Ireon nae maeumeul, neoneun algo inneunji

[All]Nan neoman saranghaneun gasikgeoriyaha~
Nan neoman baraboneun gasikgeoriyaha~
I need you boy (I need you) ireoke neo maneul, saranghaneunde
Nan joma joma jomahae [Hyun Jae](Niga tteonalkkabwa)
Nan buran buran buranhae [Bong Cha]Sigani heureulsurok naui mami (naui mami)
[Hanna]Neomaneul saenggakhaneun ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-kasikheo~

[Hyun Jae]Nan hangsang gwichanha, do maeil hwajangeul hago
Nan dariga apado, gup nopeun haihil singo
[Mi Cha]Neoege jal boiryeogo, yeppeun ot ipgo
Ireon nae maeumeul, niga algina hae

[Hanna]Jalsaenggin namjareul bwado niga choegora hago!
Jeonhwaro suda tteolda neo ttaemune ppalli kkeunko
[Mi Cha]Hoksina jibe olkka bwa, cheongsoreul hago
Ireoke himdeun nae mam, niga algina hae

[All]Nan neoman saranghaneun gasikgeoriyaha~
Nan neoman baraboneun gasikgeoriyaha~
I need you boy (I need you) ireoke neo maneul saranghaneunde
Nan joma joma jomahae [Hyun Jae](Niga tteonalkkabwa)
Nan buran buran buranhae [Bong Cha]sigani heureulsurok naui mami (naui mami)
[Hanna]Neomaneul saenggakhaneun ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-kasikheo~

(RAP)
[Bong Cha]Geoteuron utjiman sogeuroneun ulgo inneun na~!
Neoui nungireul han eobsi kkeut eobsi gidarineun na~!
Hwaga na, gasikjeogin nae moseubeul bolttae mada
Wae nan ni apeman seomyeon jagajineun geolkka waeilkka
[Hanna & Bong Cha](I don't know why~)

[All]Nan neoman saranghaneun gasikgeoriyaha~
Nan neoman baraboneun gasikgeoriyaha~
I need you boy [Bong Cha](I care about you so much. You're so special to me, I love you boy! )
Nan joma joma jomahae [Hyun Jae](Niga tteonalkkabwa)
[Hanna]Nan buran buran buranhae [Mi Cha]sigani heureulsurok naui mami (naui mami)
[Hanna]Neomaneul saenggakhaneun ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-kasikheo~

The girls posed and smiled as the crowd went wild and cheered for them. They bowed and went off stage. As they got to their dressing room, everyone cheered for the girls’ success for being able to pull through on their first stage. Mi Cha, Bong Cha, and Hyun Jae were greeted by their families and were given flowers. Hanna just stood there looking at all the happy families.

‘Wish my mom was here.’ She thought and walked out of the room. She leaned against the wall and smiled to herself. She felt happy that she accomplished something great. Hanna stayed outside the room for the time being since she would have felt a little out of place when she was the only member whose family didn’t come to congratulate her. Suddenly, a big bouquet suddenly appeared in front of her. She looked up with a surprised face. There holding the bouquet was Jungshin, smiling shyly as he held out the bouquet to her.

“Uuuhh, the I heard that no one from your family was going to be here so I thought of bringing this to you and to congratulate you on your debut. You sang beautifully up there.” Hanna blushed at his compliment and took the flowers. They were white tulips.

“How’d you know these are my favorites?” Hanna asked, carefully looking at them. Jungshin  rubbed the back of his neck.

“I didn’t actually. I just saw these and thought of you.” He froze at what he said.

“I mean, you’re really pretty like them and pure like the color white. And yeah….. They just reminded me of you.” Hanna giggled and looked at him.

“Thank you very much. I promise to take very good care of them.” Jungshin smiled and nodded. The two just stood there not knowing what to say. A phone ringing interrupted the silence. Jungshin pulled his out and answered it.

“Hello……..I’m at MBC right now…….just because…….I’ll be right there…..okay………okay bye.” Jungshin hung up and looked at Hanna.

“I have to go. Yonghwa hyung says we have practice. I’ll catch you later sometime?” Hanna nodded. Junghshin smiled and waved goodbye before running off. Hanna sighed while looking at the direction he just left. She looked at the flowers and spotted a card taped to the plastic cover. She took it off and read it.

‘A debut is the most important step into your career. I believe that yours will be the best one ever. Fighting! –Jungshin’

Hanna bit her tongue to keep her from squealing loudly. She never felt so happy about someone’s message before. She held on to the card and walked back into the room. All the families were gone and the members were just sitting, relaxing from the performance. Mi Cha saw her coming inside.

“Yah, where have you been. My mom wanted to meet you but you disappeared.” Hanna smiled and sat next to Bong Cha.

“I was out in the hallway talking to someone.” Bong Cha looked at the flowers and grinned.

“Would that someone be a very tall maknae of a certain four member flower boy band?” The members looked at Hanna with raised eyebrows and she just blushed and looked down.

“Oooo I’m right! He came to congratulate you on your first stage performance! How cute!” Bong Cha squealed. Hanna’s cheeks flushed as the girls started teasing her. She smiled though, thinking about how he came all the way just to see her. A very warm feeling came through her.

‘Thank you very much, Junshin.’ Hanna giggled at her thought.