Finally Debuting, FNC Entertainment

Beauty and the Bassist

~At The Airport ~

“You sure you want to go through with this?” Hanna’s mom asked seriously. Hanna kept her eyes glued to the floor and nodded a bit.

“I want to try and become the best.” Hanna said quietly. Her mom shook her head and sighed. She couldn’t do anything but let Hanna go and become an idol.

“Alright. But don’t think things will go smoothly. I read about this Kpop and it’s mostly Koreans and Chinese members in a band. I never heard a/an (your nationality) becoming a Kpop star. If things don’t work out within a year and a half, remember the deal we made. Alright?” Her mom was very serious about this. Instead of a being a star, Hanna’s mom wanted her to be a rich, powerful elite like her mother. But Hanna didn’t want that life. She wanted something more. Something to break her free of her barrier.

“I’ll do my best to make you proud. I promise.” Hanna said with a bit of confidence. She heard her mother sigh and felt a hand on her shoulder.

“You don’t need to make me proud. Just make it big so I brag to those women at the country club what a success my daughter has become. Now hurry. Your flight is going to board in twenty minutes and I have a meeting in thirty. I have to go now. Be safe and don’t do something that has me to come all the way down there. Try to call sometimes as well.” Hanna nodded and heard her mother’s heels clacking away. Hanna was used to her mother not saying a goodbye with an “I love you” or “I’ll miss you”. She knows that her mother feels that way but doesn’t express it.

“I should go to my flight now.” Hanna whispered to herself and walked to the seats near the gate. She plugged in her headphones and started listening to VIXX’s ‘Eternity’. She stared out the window, wondering how she’s going to be able to interact with other girls when she hasn’t spoken to a stranger in 12 years. It was going to be a challenge. Hanna heard her flight being called and went to the gate. She got inside the plane and took slow breaths. It wasn’t the first time she has ridden a plane. But it was the first time she was without her mother by her side. Hanna was thankful it was first class because it wasn’t really noisy and people wouldn’t bother her. All she had to do was keep calm and soon she fell asleep.

~At Incheon Airport~

Hanna was rolling the cart filled with her suitcases and was cautiously trying to avoid people. When you’re literally shy and quiet, you’re going to freak a bit when you’re alone and bump into people. Hanna made it out of the gate and went to the other side of the airport where people where picking passengers up. She looked around, trying to find someone and then found someone holding a sign with her name. She went up to the man.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She bowed and slightly looked at the man, avoiding eye contact. The man smiled at her shyness and bowed a bit.

“Annyeonghaseyo Miss Hanna-sshi. I am Mr. Jung. We have been expecting you. Please allow me to take your luggage.” Hanna stepped aside and let him roll her luggage.

“You will love being an idol. I’m sure the other members will like you for sure. But first there is something we have to discuss with you before heading to your new dorm.” Mr. Jung explained. Hanna just nodded and followed him to the car. After putting away her luggage, they left for JYP. Hanna stared out the window, looking at the new world she entered. There were so many stores, food carts and other stuff that made her feel excited. Soon they pulled up to the JYP building. Hanna gasped as she saw all the giant posters of Got7, Miss A, 15&, 2PM, and others.

‘I’m really here.’ She said in her mind. When she got out of the car, she saw teenagers across the street with cameras and notebooks, waiting for idols to come out. She looked back at the building and Mr. Jung lead her inside. A cool breeze welcomed her as she came in.

“Wait here. I’ll be right back.” Hanna nodded and Mr. Jung left. Hanna just stood there awkwardly, not knowing if she should sit down or not. She looked around and saw a couch and went to sit on it. She didn’t move an inch and just waited for Mr. Jung to come back. As she waited, someone came into the lobby. She panicked a bit and just looked down.

“Oh, nuguya?” She heard a female voice ask. She looked through her hair which was covering her face and saw that it was HA:TFELT and Sunmi.

‘OH MY GOODNESS!’ Hanna screamed in her head. Two idols she admires so much are right in front of her. She stood up without looking at them.

“A-Any-yeong-ghaseyo. Nanuen H-Hanna-inmida.” Hanna stuttered. The two idols looked at each other and smiled and looked back her.

“Aw how cute. She’s shy unni.” Sunmi said. Yenny nodded as she stuck her hand out. Hanna hesitated for a bit and then shook her hand.

“Is this your first time in Korea?” Yenny asked in English. Hanna nodded.

“Are you usually this quiet?” Sunmi asked. Again, Hanna nodded.

“Hm. It would probably be good for your image a bit. A mysterious idol. Besides, I think you’re the first of your race to become a Korean idol. Daebak.” Yenny said. Sunmi agreed. Hanna felt a bit better after hearing Yenny. A few seconds later, Mr. Jung came back.

“Ah, Yenny, Sunmi. I see you met Hanna.” The man said.

“Yeah, is she debuting under JYP? I thought JY was waiting until next year to debut someone.” Yenny said. Mr. Jung silently sighed and looked at Hanna.

“That is what we’re going to discuss. We’ll be going now. I’ll see you two later. Come on Hanna.” Hanna bowed to Yenny and Sunmi and said goodbye before following him.

“Hope to see you soon Hanna!” Sunmi yelled.

“Yah, no yelling!” Yenny said. Hanna smiled a tiny bit. Mr. Jung noticed her smile and smiled at her.

“Happy to meet you first idols?” Hanna was a bit startled by him who made her jump. Mr. Jung chuckled.

“You really are shy.” Mr. Jung led her to the top floor into someone’s office. He motioned her to sit down in front of the desk and she slowly did.

‘Whose office is this?’ She asked in her thoughts. Mr. Jung sat in front of her and then it turns out it was his office.

“I bet you were wondering why I brought you here. Well, Hanna, we do think that you’re amazingly talented but the thing is, we’re not expecting to debut another group other than the ones we already have scheduled for next year. I’m sorry but you will not be debuting under JYP Entertainment.” Mr. Jung said seriously. Hanna’s shoulders deflated and she didn’t know how to feel except sadness. She wanted to debut in this company badly but there is no room for her.

“But on the bright side, we will be having you debut in another company. Is that okay?” Mr. Jung looked at Hanna, hoping she would say yes. Hanna thought for a bit. She might just take this opportunity. She only has a year and a half to prove her mother that she is capable of living the idol life and becoming big. Hanna slowly raised her head and nodded. Mr. Jung smiled and stood up.

“We should get going then. First we will meet with the Company’s CEO and then off to your dorm. Let’s go.” He and Hanna left the building and got in the car. It was a short drive to the other company. Hanna looked at the company’s name. FNC. Hanna only knows some songs that came from this company. She didn’t really know the artists though. She followed the man inside to the elevator all the way to the top floor. When they stopped they walked to CEO’s office. Mr. Jung knocked and someone said “come in”. He let Hanna go in first. When she walked in she saw a man sitting on a large white couch with a woman.

“Annyeonghaseyo. You must be Hanna. Please have a seat. You too Mr. Jung.” The man said. They both sat down and Hanna saw a white piece of paper and a pen on the table.

‘Must be the contract.’ Hanna thought. The CEO cleared his throat and Hanna looked at him.

“So Hanna, I am planning to release a new girl group and the debut would be a few weeks from now and I would like to know if you are up for it. It can be your big break. Are you in?” The CEO asked.

“Yes.” Hannna said the loudest she could. The CEO smiled.

“Great. Just sign the contract and you’re ready to go.” Hannna nodded and grabbed the pen. One signature and she’s now under FNC Entertainment. The CEO took the contract and smiled.

“Also, one more thing before you go, this is Director Kim. She will be helping you out with everything if you need help but will also be on your if she scolds you or something. (If you watched Cheongdamdong 111, then you know how the director is like there.)” The director slightly punched the CEO and introduced herself. Hanna felt a little intimidated when the director said she will punish her if she doesn’t do what she needs to do.

“You will also be weighted and go on a strict diet since you’re debuting soon. No fats or anything and practice a lot. Okay?” The director strictly said. Hanna quickly nodded. The director reminds Hanna of her mother.

 

 

 

 

 

So this is a new story and I hope that all of you will hopefully like it. I niced there wern't a lot of CNBlue fanfics so I decided to do one. I really like CNBlue and all the members so it was hard picking a main male character. I picked Jungshin because one, I really think he's adorable and no one ever made a story for him. So please give this story lots and lots of love. Okay? Annyeong. Also, this is my late Christmas present for you!