The Dulcet

Virtual Reality: Fantasia ZERO

Since Jungkook couldn't go home for tonight; there were rooms for people who are under surveillance. The said rooms were on the 15th floor. The decoration of the rooms weren't what you're imagining like it consisted of bunk beds and dirty toilets. Jungkook followed you quietly into the elevator. It was very late and he needed sleep and you as well. No one talked until you reached the hallway of the surveillance rooms. The hallway was sort of bright that it irritated the boy whose eyes cannot tolerate too much brightness especially when he's very tired at the moment. Instead of going for a hand scan, you punched a 10-digit passcode for the door to open. You told Jungkook to go inside whilst you lazily walked to the operating room to settle everything at once. The room was decorated with LED lights and one lonely bed. The said lights weren't just for fancy tastes; it acted as  detectors if there'll be changes on the suspect's behaviour.  Inside the operating room, you registered Jungkook's biodata and that was the only thing you needed to do. tumblr_m0gytoiHvH1qkkadg.jpg

Jungkook casually lied on the bed, "I wonder if I'll pass the music assignment..." he let out an airy sigh, doubting himself.

You closed the door behind and walked to the boy, "It's almost amusing how you're more worried about your score than your current situation." you chuckled lightly.

"It's only for a day, right? I haven't done anything wrong. I'll get out of here tomorrow. I'm sure." 

'You doubt your skills yet you're sure about going out of here with somewhat 10% chance. You're really something, Jeon Jungkook.'

Jungkook suddenly sat up, "Hey, you're in charge of me right?" his eyes followed your movements.

"In charge of illegal ages." you corrected as you put an innocent look.

"Where are you going? Are you going to stay here the whole night? or lock yourself in the operating room and watch me sleep?" 

Three questions in a row. Nice.

"Keep an eye." 

Your inaccurate answer shut his mouth. You stood by the empty wall across Jungkook's right; you pressed something on your watch then a visible rectangular line appeared. The embossed rectangle moved backwards and slide to the right, revealing the city down.  You stayed there quietly to keep you awake because if you sit down, you were sure you'll fall asleep.

" You , don't move." Jungkook ordered, but you weren't the type to take orders easily... especially in the real world. 

You suddenly felt something slim and sharp to your direction so you dodged it but... you didn't expect another one. 

A tranquilizer needle. 

The needle swiftly pierced to the left side of your neck, knocking you down completely. Jungkook had been hiding that tranquilizer on his watch ever since he modified it. He jumped out of the bed and picked up your unconscious body from the ground. He slowly laid you down on the bed. 

Deja vu.

"I despise dark circles so you shouldn't be having one." 


On the other hand...

"I'm finally done!!!!" Detective Jungsu yelled aloud as he instantly raised his arms to the air. He surprised almost everyone in the main office at his sudden shouting.

"Jungsu! Shut the hell up!" Kim Hyun Joong; S-CSIT's ladykiller, a detective as well, spat back at the half-cyborg man. Hyun Joong was as tired as hell

"You're just jelly that I finished early~" Jungsu stuck out his tongue before fixing his things and stuffing necessities inside his briefcase. He also turned off everything that needs to be turned off at his desk. Hyun Joong just sighed on him.

"Donghae-yah." Jungsu called at the younger man that worked beside him.

"Yes, hyung?" Donghae replied but he wasn't looking at the older and continued typing anyway.

Almost everyone in the main office developed this kind of habit that doesn't look at someone talking and focus on their work. You adapted it too. The "Just-talk-I'm-listening-even-I'm-not-looking-because-I'm-working" virus.

"Where's Inspector Jeon's table... again?" asked Jungsu as he scratched his head embarrassedly.

"There." Donghae pointed his finger at the third row from front, five rows away from Jungsu and Donghae's row. It was the table with dark blue chair.

Jungsu made his way to Inspector Jeon Sungjae's desk to leave a brown foldler that the latter needed for a case. Jungsu unexpectedly (or expected by someone) saw a note stuck on the glass divider between your table and Inspector Jeon's. His curiosity got the best of him and read the note.

"Whoever reads this, can I ask someone to review the statistics that Enforcer Jung is in charge of? I swear she's almost finished.

From a stranger,

Jeon Jungkook"

Jungsu took a glance at his co-workers. They were all full-handed while he was not. He sighed lightly 'I guess I won't be going home for now. You owe me one, You -ah." Jungsu found himself smiling sweetly.

He walked back to his seat, took off his coat and left his case below his desk. Donghae, who was still working, spoke up. "I thought you're finished, hyung?" he questioned as he saw his superior opening up the hologramic-computer once again.

"Just doing a favor for someone." He said with a smile on his face.


The next day... 

The sun shone brightly inside the surveillance room. The LED lights had been turned off by a mysterious person and it was obviously wasn't you who slept-walk. Speaking of sleep, guess who's sleeping at the moment? The person that supposed to be watched by  the sleeping person was missing... or not really missing,

You were sleeping so soundly at the bed that was suppose to be for suspects.

"Just when are you going to wake up, You ...?" a mysterious boy that looked like a fox said as his patience ran out waiting for you to open your goddamned eyes.

The unknown boy was sitting at the edge of the bed near your feet. Exactly a minute and a half, you started to shift positions then you opened your eyes slowly, rubbing on it cutely which the boy found very adorable.

"Finally!" The fox boy said aloud in a sarcastic manner with a flick of his head. "What do you think the time is now and how many hours I've been waiting for you!?" You had been sleeping for 16 hours now and it was past lunch.

You lazily sat up with squinted eyes while scanning the whole room to find Jungkook. You crawled to the boy and slapped your palms on his cheeks while you were on your knees.

"Ouch!" the boy exclaimed, "How come you got so much energy after waking up!?" 

"Jungkook...? Why your face changed? You look like that Yook Sungjae bastard a lot..." You were still half asleep and you resembled a newborn puppy whose eyes haven't opened yet.

"Enough, you dork." the lad flicked your forehead which effectively knock you to your senses.

"Sungjae!?" You were quick to take your hands off the very familiar boy and moved back.Sungjae-maknae-yook-sungjae-EC-9C-A1-EC-

"Are you really the person I competed so hard for the rankings?" Sungjae raised an suspicious eyebrow.

This person, Yook Sungjae, was your greatest rival since the training days. In SPA or Seoul's Police Academy, the two of you were the greediest folks that fought for the highest rank. He eventually accepted that you were better than him though by one point. If you were Seoul's young and talented Enforcer, then Yook Sungjae was Daegu's. His gifted brain also allowed him to become a Detective at the same time. You lost touch with him for ten months because he took part of investigating a case of serial killings.

"Shut it." you pursed your lips as you took a good time examining the boy in front of you. He gotten more good-looking. "What are you doing in Seoul?" you were not the type to say 'How are you' or 'Are you doing well'.

That was the Jung You that Yook Sungjae knew.

Sungjae casually threw his legs on the bed and laid down sprawled. "I'll be on a case." he said with his eyes closed. 

"'I'll be'?"

"You'll know soon."

You stayed quiet for a moment then realized something, "... !"

You startled Sungjae, causing him to sit up immediately, "What!? Do you call me that now!?"

"No, you idiot! Where's Jungkook!?"

"Oh, you mean the guy you were with? Jura's suspects?" 

"How can you be so calm about it?! Did he escape?!"

"Nope."

"Then where is he?" 

"I let him go."

"What!? Who are you to do that!?"

"I'm just your Yook Sungjae who cleared Jeon Jungkook's accusation and let him go~ I've asked about the case, of course~" his attitude never fails to get into your nerves.

The first thing that Sungjae wanted to do in Seoul was to see you. He must show himself at Seoul's Police Department as courtesy. It made him easy to find you since you work at SPD. He knew where you sit but he couldn't find you so he asked his Yongguk-hyung who came after him. Yongguk doesn't know where you were that time so he contacted a security officer to locate you. After seeing your situation (sleeping), it made him want to do the job for you. Sungjae thought that you might be very tired.  Yongguk told him about you got some job to do with the juveniles and about Jungkook.The reason why you stayed with Jungkook was because you were clearing his suspicion so Sungjae actually did it. Sungjae got the details about Jungkook's case and worked it out. He contacted Red Bullet Company for Jungkook's game log and that settled everything.

It was something you were about to do. He thinks the same as you.

...but his first choice was actually to solve it with Jura, yet he couldn't speak to her.

"That's my job." you pouted, punching Sungjae's shoulder lightly.

"Just think of it as an apology gift from me." Sungjae winked playfully at you.

"What? Why?"

"I haven't contacted you or anything for ten months." His face suddenly gotten serious.

"It's alright. We're busy." 

Sungjae smiled warmly, "I've missed you." 

"Yeah sure." 

"Ouch. Where's the 'I miss you too'~?" 

 


More Jungkookie on the next chap! :3

Time to update the character section~