The Knight

Virtual Reality: Fantasia ZERO

 

The Grave of the Knights had given Jungkook sorts of amusing memories on his 100s. He felt very nostalgic watching you three playing cops and robbers with the undead knights. It was a sort of boring chase because he got away.

Blame his dexterity stats.

Jungkook had a bad feeling about the empty room as well. He knew, like Jackson, that the teleporting gate should be at the center of the room. He also did a minor check on the game system if there was a bug or a glitch or an update, but there was none. Jungkook slightly stood from his seat, holding the top of the swivel chair. When he saw the gigantic figure slowly appearing from the shadows, it was a trap on purpose by the game masters. 

'Level 350!?' he thought in fear. "!" he cursed unintentionally loud, luring his hyungs attention to himself.

"Hyunsik-hyung! Please tell Jimin to come to the castle at the Grave of the Knights as soon as possible!" Jungkook ordered in a hurry. "Kyungsoo-hyung! Please prepare another NerveGear. I will---" Jungkook was interrupted by another voice from a nurse rushing in to the surveillance room.

"Dr. Do! There are internal bleedings on Mr. Wang and Mr. Yook...!" 

Jungkook stood behind his seat stunned. His eyes traveled quickly to the screen and there he saw Sungjae lying on the ground flat and bleeding miserably whilst Jackson was being played around horribly; stabbing his whole body with the sharp blade tip and being thrown away like a stray cat. Kyungsoo and a few witnessed this brutality.

'But why are the two are bleeding on the real life as well...?' Kyungsoo asked himself helplessly. 

The two injured man weren't moving by pain on their real bodies but their breathing was slowly becoming shallow. The ear-piercing alert sound was depicting that the player was in danger. The sound messed up with everything, putting the medical team to unease and panic even they were trained to be calm at all times but encountering a situation with no unknown cause dragged them to the edge. They can't perform surgery on the two because it'll only make their conditions worse.

"Mr. Jeon! The preparation of NerveGear is now complete!" the nurse informed.

Jungkook dashed to the bed with full equipment parallel to Jackson's. He instantly took his shirt off and laid down so the nurse can attach the ECG wires on his upper body as well. He soon put the NerveGear and connected to the game as fast as he can. 

 


No matter how tough you were always called; you were still a fragile girl at heart. It was natural to be afraid on something as horrible as this.

" You ... Hurry up ...a-and run to the... s-second floor..." Sungjae managed to say after choking a few more puddles of blood. "... Why does it... hurts..." He smirked to himself despite his awful appearance. 

Jackson wasn't moving a muscle which you don't know where was he at the moment. You don't know if you should be glad because Sungjae kept you busy that you didn't realize Gleameyes, the death itself, stopped behind you. 

"You, it... will hurt... so... just run... idiot..."

A memory struck you on mind, this moment that Sungjae telling you to run was so familiar. Back at SPA, there was a survival war between SPA students which they weren't formed in a team but a pair. As mentioned, you and Sungjae were partners. The bullets used weren't paint balls but a needle that feels like a real bullet when it hits you. Five pairs were ganging up on you two. Sungjae used himself as a shield for multiple of needle bullet and now... he'll do the same thing again. 

Sungjae forced his body to move and faintly yanked you in an embrace and turning you around so his back was facing the demon. You closed your eyes tightly when you sensed the blade about to slice Sungjae's body in half. 

It didn't felt a game anymore. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ugh Jimin! why do you have to be so slow!?" Jungkook ran at his top speed, leaving the pitiful magician behind. For a moment Jimin was glad that exhaustion wasn't written on this world's dictionary.

"Damn you and your Agility, brat!"

They were 3 kilometers apart from each other so when Jimin swore, Jungkook didn't have a clue that he's being cussed on. Jungkook forced the gate to open as it was being blocked before. He had Jimin's assistance to break the PTAK-free colossal door. 

There wasn't time for Jungkook's brain to process everything happening right before his eyes. He lunged to the titanic demon, effectively piercing through its metal-thick skin and earning a loud cry from it. He prevented the demon from splitting you and Sungjae in half. Jungkook used a paralyzing sword to keep the demon immobile. The effect only last for one minute and for Jungkook, it wasn't enough. He hated the fact that he can only buy one paralyzing sword due to the item limit. 

Jimin casted a Zephyr spell to increase his dexterity to rescue the both of you and Jackson. He had taken you three away from the enemy and brought you to the farthest corner possible. Jimin felt so much anxiety. He was so confused if Jackson and Sungjae were really dead because they weren't moving but he reminded himself that this was only a game. Just a game. 

But then... if this only was a game, why weren't they sent to the Restoration point? Why are they still here if their HPs already went down to zero?

Jimin couldn't answer all of the questions going through on his mind. He knew his idea of using Healing on the two was foolish but he gave it a try. Jimin heard from Jungkook that Jackson and Sungjae were also bleeding outside the game. 

If their real life bodies are effected from their in-game bodies, then maybe a game trick can also have a trick on reality.

Foolish yet simple logic.

Jimin's healing techniques were far more advanced than Jungkook's. He restored Sungjae and Jackson's HP to full but his MP drained to zero as return. Restoring HP of someone from the Top 3 was a big deal to the 5th ranker such as himself.


 

Kyungsoo finally acknowledge of himself getting uneasy at this situation. The medical team couldn't find the valid source of the internal bleedings occuring on Sungjae and Jackson. He couldn't put himself to believe that the game can have an effect on their real bodies. Kyungsoo stood far without moving an inch but a female voice shook him up.

"Dr. Do! The internal bleedings are being stopped!" said the nurse in a cheerful manner. 

It was a miracle that the bleeding was healed even though they actually hadn't done anything.

Kyungsoo immediately ran to the surveillance room to see what you people were doing in the game. There, he saw Jimin in the moment of Healing the two wounded men. Bruise, cuts, and every unpleasant scars on their bodies vanished like a dust. 

'What in the name of technology is this...' 


 

"Ugh..." Jackson groaned as he slowly went to sitting position, holding his head due to a mild headache. "I'm... alive?" He blinked twice before grasping on the current situation he's in.

Jimin gave his hyung a big grin, feeling accomplished on what he has done. "Hyung, I must admit I'm starting to hate your HP." Jimin pouted while Jackson laughed heartily, patting Jimin on the head.

"Thanks anyway." 

Sungjae who was in your arms started budge a little bit. Your face enlightened. Sungjae opened one eye as the other remained closed.

" You ...?"

"Sungjae!!!" you unconsciously hugged the young man. After all, you were just very glad he was safe. 

Sungjae's eyes widened on your sudden affection but he decided to feel the moment being in your embrace without him telling you to do so.

It was a good thing that Jungkook was busy battling with the demon or else he'll get careless.

"Die already, you !" Wow. Was he really that mad? 

Maybe he was mad because the effect of the paralyzing sword had worn off. You were finally took off from Gleam Eyes' field of vision as it was only focused on Jungkook. Gleam Eyes had gotten more violent; reaching its limit because of Jungkook's swiftness. It couldn't land a hit on the boy so it started to swing its gigantic axe in random.

Jungkook got one thing right; Its level was just a display, for him at least. 

Jungkook effortlessly made a backflip when Gleam Eyes attempted to launch on him. Its HP was now 60%. So far, it was the longest battle he ever had on his gaming history.

Jungkook had enough. It might take him another ten minutes to kill the demon so... he'll use the most powerful skill he had on his list. A 70 combo hit skill; Bullet Catastrophe. 

His twin gun fused into one, morphing into something similar to a machine guncool-guns-live-wallpaper-2-1-s-307x512.jJimin witnessed his friend's gun transformation. His mouth opened in surprise. 

". We need to change maps. I don't wanna die here. Seriously."

"Eh? Why?" you blinked curiously to Jimin.

"This map is going to get eaten soon."

"W-What!? By!?"

"Bullets." Jackson answered for Jimin.

"Oh! Bullet Catastrophe! I heard of that!" Sungjae stated lively, eyes fill with anticipation.

"It's not the time to get excited, Sungjae-hyung!" Jimin protested in panic."We'll be teleporting to the City of Altaria." 

Jimin drew a pentagon on air as his index finger served as a pen; light followed every move of his finger. The pentagon was small at first but it enlarged when he finished it. He created a light hole that can teleport them to Altaria. 

"Now go." You were the first one to enter the dimension portal then Jackson. Sungjae stood at the side. Wanting to see Jungkook's famous Bullet Catastrophe was written all over his face. "Sungjae-hyung!" Jimin attempted to pull Sungjae but he didn't budge.

Jimin mentally facepalmed himself. Jimin mumbled something Sungjae can't hear even a bit, "Gravitational Pull."

"Woah!!!" Sungjae was quickly pulled towards the dimension hole.

With just two steps, you were now standing in Altaria with Jackson. You turned around to wait for Sungjae and Jimin. You bet Sungjae was being a kid to stay because he had the guts. 

A second after, you saw a guy fastly going towards your way then bumping you down with him.

"Ouch!" you two said in unison. 

You opened your eyes to see Sungjae's face so close to yours.Not to mention, he was on top of you body to body. Jackson whistled teasingly. Your face heated up and pushed Sungjae away from you... with Flame Impact. 

If that Skill was real, it'll feel like a meteorite just hit you square. You damaged Sungjae by 26,924.

It's better you don't know it's barely a damage to his HP.

"I can actually evade that but I chose to get hit to know how much you can damage me." Sungjae's grin reached his ears. It was actually adorable but not for you. It was more of an insulting grin.

You ran to towards Sungjae and strangled him with your hands. Sungjae and Jackson thought your fuming face was really cute. 

Jimin came out from the dimension gate seconds after and closed the gate. If he didn't, Altaria will get affected by the catastrophe that was about to happen. Stray bullets can get through to gate easily.

"I'm actually also looking forward seeing the Bullet Catastrophe again." Jackson chuckled. remembering something on the past.

"'Again'?" you questioned the boy. Jungkook must have fired it back then.

"Yeah. As much as I don't like to admit it, I could only escape 28 bullets. There's 70 bullets in total just in case you want to know."

"But 11 bullets are enough to destroy a whole map." Sungjae added.

You thought Jungkook was too powerful for his own good. You couldn't think of someone who can be a par with him. "He's too much."

"You have yet to see how much powerful Sungjae-hyung and Jackson-hyung are, You . They can be more powerful that Kookie, ya' know?"

You raised an eyebrow. You were surrounded by these damned powerful bastards.

"What's Jackson's ultimate skill?" you questioned either of them.

"Bullet Catastrophe's sister; Quasar Drones." Sungjae answered.

You had ideas about the quasars in the universe and they were the deadliest thing. In this very advanced game, it was possible to create a very realistic quasar explosion.

"And Sungjae?" you asked next.

Jackson answered this time, "Dance of One Billion Blades."

These guys weren't those you should mess up with. 

Big screens appeared to the sky one at a time. They lined up for everyone to see something happening at a certain map. 

The Grave of the Knights.

You weren't surprised anymore for you were now anticipating with the three guys around you. They assured you it'll be very epic. Whispers can be heard everywhere, gossiping about Jungkook powering up his machine gun. One gossip caught your attention, "I wonder if the GMs warned the players at The Grave?"

But it was too late.

The machine gun had fired simultaneously. When a single bullet hit the demon, it exploded like a nuclear bomb. A mere bullet destroyed the whole castle and everything near it. The second one expanded its exploding range. Sungjae informed you that as bullets get fired, the explosions get bigger by the time. That was what makes Bullet Catastrophe very terrifying. But Gleam Eyes was tough. By the tenth bullet, Jungkook damaged him by 20%. One more and it's dead. 

"YOU'RE NOW A DEAD BULL!!!" Jungkook yelled as the eleventh bullet was fired. 

Poor players got involved on their battle. For sure they'll be complaining again. Jungkook just destroyed everything and everyone in the map.

"WHAT!?!? THERE ARE STILL 59 BULLETS LEFT!!! YOU CAN'T DIE ON ME YET!!! REVIVE AND GET YOUR HERE, YOU IDIOTIC DEMON!!!" 

The three boys couldn't hide their laughter as they bursted out eventually.

Elimination of Gleam Eyes was successful. Sure there was a massive EXP reward but there was only one item drop and it was The Heart of Gleam Eyes. 

Jungkook teleported to Altaria as well moments after. He was still couldn't move on about the 59 bullets itching to be fired.

There are some skills Jungkook had on his Skill List that can kill Gleam Eyes quick but he chose to use his ultimate skill because of his extreme frustration. He swore you won't get in danger but you just did. It was also a revenge for his hyungs being brutally played with.

Now the guys were acting as if nothing happened to make you forget everything.

They were just that thoughtful to you. 


Omo... I'm very sorry if I didn't update for weeks. I've been very busy with school and such because I'm going to graduate soon QAQ I'll try my best to update the next as soon as I can!