The Unexpected

Virtual Reality: Fantasia ZERO
"...   You ...?" 
 
... "Jungkook!?" It was really him. There was no difference from the game except he was wearing different clothing consisted of white shirt, black sweat pants and black sneakers. "What are you doing here...?!" you peeked from Yongguk's broad shoulders and slowly approaching the restrained boy. "I can't believe it... You're a hacker?" Jungkook can feel your disappointment and anger at the same time.
 
"Look," Jungkook bit on his lower lip, stopping himself to rage once again. Not in front of you. "I got accused. You , tell him I was with you in the game." Jungkook was really getting stressed of this whole accusation. He kept inhaling and exhaling. One more word of false accusation from whoever, he might free himself and beat the of the person.
 
"Is that true, You -ah?" Yongguk questioned, rubbing the sides of his neck. He as well, was stressed.
 
"Let's talk about this outside." 
Yongguk followed you out of the interrogation room, leaving Jungkook still in cuffs. The two of you were standing on the hallway where there wasn't even a single soul except you and Yongguk. Yongguk leaned on the wall, ruffling his hair.
 
"Now please tell me why Jungkook is arrested." you stood across him where you intently listened to the details.
 
"They hacked Jura. The Jungmyeon--"
 
"Jungkook." you corrected. 
 
"Yeah, Jungkook's IP address was detected on their findings. The other kids were caught in an internet cafe, attempting a second hack." Yongguk explained it briefly. 
 
"'their findings'? You aren't part of the search? ... Wait, you were in Busan... right...?" 
 
"Yes. I was in Busan and I just got back! Then that old man Kim told me to make the Jungmye- Jungkook guy to confess already. He's drunk. I don't know a single thing about this case and they're leaving this to me so I called you. This is your thing."
 
"Sounds like they leave the job to the first person they see."
 
"It's the old man's birthday."
 
"We're really not that close. Anyway, Jungkook was with me the whole time. The crime was yesterday. He said he was playing the game since yesterday morning."
 
"Any proof?" 
 
"I don't think the game has logs, but I'll contact the game's company. Just go home for now Yongguk oppa. You're really tired. You've worked hard." you game the older a soft smile, earning a pat on the head from him.
 
"I'll leave this to you then, Enforcer Jung." The demon was gone when Yongguk showed his gummy smile and left later on.
 
You made a bee line towards the door, placing your hand on the side of the doorframe for a scan before it opened in a swipe. What you saw next wasn't as good as you expected. There was Jungkook going wild while the guard was stopping him from beating the guy with a dyed haired blonde who got him into the crime. The blonde was helplessly get beaten on the chair he was restrained.
How did he... got himself out of the cuff? 
 
"Jungkook, stop." You said, effectively getting his attention. 
He had calmed down and shuffled on your direction. "I guess I'm proven innocent?" He was calm yet you can feel his rage from his poker face. 
 
"Mr. Yoo," you called the guard, "Please bring these guys behind the bars. We're going to call it a day for now." 
 
"Right away, ma'am." He answered.
 
The four young criminals were freed for a minute until they were cuffed together once again. Even there was only one guard, they couldn't escape for it takes hell to be a guard of Seoul's Police Department. 
 
"You haven't answered my question yet,   You  ." 
 
"You'll be still under surveillance until we've contacted the game company. It's alright, Jungkook. You have me." 
It wasn't even close to covering him up or using your power. It was the truth. 
 
"Seriously..." Jungkook mumbled while his head slowly fell on your shoulder as his forehead rested there. "You didn't hear anything right?" 
 
"Y-Yes." You found yourself planted on the ground. He got you buried on your footing. 
 
"That's good..." 
You heard some liquid dropping on the floor droplet by droplet. The room was very soundproof but the slightest sound inside can be heard clearly. You turned your gaze on the floor and witnessed Jungkook's bloody hands. The blood wasn't from the blonde's beaten face, it was because he broke the electric-enhanced cuff. 
 
"Jungkook!" 
 
"What... Don't shout... on me..." Jungkook slowly collapsed to your body. He was heavy but you supported his body well enough.
 
"Soryu! Call Song-seonsaeng!" Via your watch's transmitter, you gave your AI an order whilst you carried Jungkook to the infirmary. 
His hands were badly burnt and scrapped. It made you wonder why would he go that far on risking his own hands. Was the blonde said was really offending? You didn't care. You were very worried. 
 
It didn't take long for Dr. Song to see you and assist you. He carried Jungkook on his back and dashed to his infirmary. He laid Jungkook on the white mattress comfortably as you took the necessities for the treatment.
 
"Song-sonsaeng. You're needed at the main gate! Please hurry up!" A voice from the speakers said.
 
"What?! But I'm currently treating a kid here!" He complained. Dr. Song was easily pissed when it comes to being interrupted his work especially when he is going to treat young ones.
 
"It's right, Song-sonsaeng. I got this." He felt assured when he saw you already treating your friend's wounds. 
 
"I'll come back as soon as possible."
 
"I'm already finished once you did." You joked but as a matter of fact.
 
"That is so you." He chuckled and dashed outside of the room. 
 
Being a trained police officer as you were, your hands were very skilled when it comes to first aid. You assumed it wasn't bloodloss that caused his unconsciousness but exhaustion. You'll get your answers soon once he wakes up. 
No.
After he gets a beating from you. 
You cut the bandage, finishing the last touch. He may be so strong in the virtual world but the pain in the real world was nothing to joke about. There was one thing the Jungkook in Fantasia Zero and the Jungkook of the real world had in common; it was recklessness. You found yourself staring at Jungkook. It didn't feel like you were in the real world. Being in charge of juvenile protection, you didn't hesitate to check his biodata. You tapped on your watch as a medium-sized hologram appeared. The hologram made an immediate scan on Jungkook from head to toe once, twice... thrice...
 
ERROR ON SCANNING: Biodata not found.
Send a report? 
'What...? No biodata? It can't be... Jungkook, you're committing a crime...!'  
You saw a faint jerk on his hands and his eyes slowly opened " You ...?"
 
"Jungkook? How are you feeling?" you stood up without realizing and shaking the hell out of the boy.
"O-Oww!" he winced in pain. He was weak at the moment.
 
You sat back again, deciding to bombard him with questions. Jungkook slowly sat up, still grumbling in the pain he was receiving from his hands. He slowly examined the well-threatened hands of his. 
 
Jungkook showed you his bandaged hand, "You did this?" he asked.
"Who else who is in this room?"
"Whatever, thanks. What time is it?" 
"11:50PM...!"
"!" 
in unison.
Jungkook jumped out of the clinic bed, adding pressure to his hand.
"OWWWWWW!!!
"Stupid!"
"Mwo!? Who told you to call me that?!"
The two of you were now running frantically to; you, to your table and Jungkook to the exit, without even knowing why each other was in a hurry. Your speed can match Jungkook's. While you were in a run, you realized Jungkook knew the way around the thirty-storey building.
 
"I totally forgot to finish the music composition and it's tomorrow!!! my life as a student!" He managed to say between pants. 
 
"...WAIT!" You grabbed Jungkook's wrist, halting your actions. 
 
"Not now, You ! I really have to go home!" he protested. You weren't a highschool student even once so you don't know how he feels about forgetting an assignment.
 
"I'm sorry but I can't really let you go yet!"
 
"But You ! Please! I can't really miss this!"
 
You bit your lip at hesitation. You really wanted to let him go home but... "Jungkook, listen to me. You're still under detention. If I let you go now, I'll lose my job and you'll be imprisoned here." 
 
Jungkook thought of it hard. If he forced himself to escape here, he'll be imprisoned for 5 years and that'll be the end of his dream. Not only he buried himself down, he got you involved and ruined your whole life. 
"I promise I'll let you go tomorrow." you assured him, 'If I clear out your suspicion... that's all I can do...'
 
Jungkook gave up... BUT NOT ON HIS DREAM. " You , do you have any papers here that I can write on?"
 
"Of course we do. Let's go to the main office." 
 
It wasn't much of a long walk because from the very start you were aiming for the main office. Doing the same thing, you placed your hand on the detector beside the door for access. The door swiped to the left, revealing a high-class atmosphere office with forty tables with complete equipment. Out of forty tables, only eleven were occupied. They were staying overnight.
 
"Oh, You -ah. You're for a night shift too?" Detective Park Jung-su, 4299180.jpgsaid without looking at you but he was pretty sure it was the youngest Enforcer which was you. Detective Jung-su's eyes were too glued on the hologram monitor and typing at full-speed with his mechanical hands which, for your information, he lost during his work, particularly an ambush.
 
"Uh, yes." you answered while walking to your table. Jungkook followed you behind as he roamed his eyes around the office. It must be his first time.
 
"A friend of yours?" 
'Huh? he doesn't know about Jura's hackers?' you wondered. "Yes. This is Jungkook."
"Nice to meet you, sir." Jungkook bowed ninety degrees.
"Jungkook? Sounds familiar. Anyway, I'm trying to finish this work tonight so don't make a fuss, kids." 
 
"We won't!" you sat on your chair with a pout. You your hologram screen and started the overlook the people with ages of seventeen below and their IDs. "I won't just sit here and type. I have tons of questions to ask you, Jungkook." after you tapped something .
on the hologram keyboard, you turned your chair to face Jungkook who was sitting beside you. 
 
"Try me." Jungkook replied confidently. He guessed it'll be about his personal life, but he didn't mind. "Is it alright if I answer while I finish the homework?" 
"Call." 
You handed him few papers and a pen. Later, he also borrowed for a ruler and a pencil. Jungkook looked like he was working on the same place as you, but that wasn't the main matter, you thought. You were straight to the point, asking about why your ID scanner didn't register any of Jungkook's profile. 
 
" You , is it illegal to develop a stealth program?"
 
"No. As long as it can be considered accepted." 
 
"I developed a stealth program to hide my biodata," He said, drawing lines on the paper with the ruler.
You hoped your ears were just fooling you because damn, Jungkook was a genius. According to the statistics, only 3% of people in Seoul can modify high-security programs like the biodata and Jungkook probaby belong to that pecent. If you would suggest Jungkook to join S-CSIT, no doubt he'll get accepted immediately.
 
"Why? Local citizens' biodatas aren't in public." 
 
Jungkook looked at you, "Are you an idiot? Hackers are spreading nationwide." he brought his eyes back to his work.
 
"I know that, stupid. What I mean is, why would you hide your biodata if it's only visible to us? the police?" You went back to your work as well, deciding the review everything at once even it hurted your eyes. 
 
"My stalkers." 
"...in the real world as well..? Wow." 
"Heck. I was surprised one day I received so many letters and gifts and every creepy things you can imagine. I thought if I got a little too kind."
"Really? All this time, even now I've been been believing you're a brat."
"I'm older than you, you wench."
"How did you even know that?" 
 
Jungkook pulled his chair closer to yours and he leaned forward to meet his black orbs. The two of you were staring at each others eyes for a second then something was slowly forming on his irises.
 
deus-ex-adam-jensen-eye.jpg

Neon yellow lights flickered as it moved in a circular motion and that was when you realized he had unique contact lenses on. The lens allowed him to see every information you had. Only Jungkook can explain how since he was the inventor. Jungkook moved back to his original position and continued his work as if he showed you nothing. 

He was no doubt a genius. 

"Don't worry, I never used this for bad things. I just happened to invent it since it looked cool. I also only use the biodata concealer for myself. I never sold it to anyone. I'm selfish so I only keep it to myself." You were starting to get nervous because if he hadn't explained why was he doing such things, you have to arrest him on spot.

"Promise me." you said in a serious manner.

"Trust me." While looking down and his right hand worked, his left hand gave you a thumbs up. "It's really a shock that the brat I'm looking over is a police officer." Even his eyes were stuck on the composition, Jungkook definitely knew what expression your face was making.

"Screw you."

"Whatever."

"Disable it for a moment. My biodata scanner just registered a report. If I don't do a scan right now, it'll be sent to Jura and it'll look like you're doing a crime."

"Alright. Hand me a pencil lead." Jungkook said whilst he adjusted some buttons on his watch.  

Concern for his safety, you pulled the drawer below your desk and rummaged through it, it reminded you to clean your garbages later. Well, you just like being yourself. For some odd reason you couldn't find the lead container. Instead, you found a lonely pencil lead on top of a notebook. You carefully handed it the 2B lead to avoid breaking it. Jungkook professionally used the lead, tweaking here and tweaking there. The contents of his watch were shown on his hologram screen. You understood some things but not all of it. You can understand binary numbers but Jungkook's hand were too fast so you couldn't completely grasp what he was doing.

 

"BD Security system, turn off." Jungkook said, probably speaking to his watch. A mechanical voice responded to his voice. You knew what you must to do. A brief scan on Jungkook was fast as you didn't expect. Just by the red laser, you got to know his whole life. His full name is Jeon Jungkook, 19 years old, a student at Seoul's School of Performing Arts where he's on his junior year and many more. There was one information that surprised you. He was Inspector Jeon's nephew.

"... a Jeon..." you muttered, biting your own fist for no reason. 

"Something wrong with my surname? Jung You ?" 

"Your uncle works here," you told Jungkook then you pointed at the table parallel to yours, "and that's his table."

When you told him that, you didn't receive any response from him as if he knew that way before long. "It's not your first time here?" You questioned, disappointed at your guess that he haven't step a foot here. 

"Sungjae-ahjussi brought me here about four times. I didn't you see you even once." 

"Likewise." 

You suddenly ran out or actually forgot the questions you had to ask because damn, the windows on your screen were messing up with your mind. Jungkook didn't seem to mind some noisy buzzings. He needed concentration too. Jungkook had finished the first two music sheets; he still needed to do one more then write the lyrics after. For about ten minutes, you two were on your own little world. While your mind was bound on your work, you realized that Jura wasn't speaking to you. You were sure if you were kind of overworking yourself even she told you to relax a bit, you would be scolded about it but she didn't. You hoped that her slumber mode  needed more time. 

"I'll interrogate you more tomorrow, but I'll ask this for the last." you paused momentarily on what you were doing after remembering one question you were really searching for an answer.

"Alright, but can I ask a favor first?" said Jungkook, compiling the almost finished masterpiece.

"Go ahead." 

Jungkook was asking you to deliver his work to his school, particularly to his Music teacher, Kang Daesung-sonsaeng. He also included an excuse later because he won't be attending school tomorrow. Jungkook became honest on the letter that he got accused for such heavy crime. You just noticed that Jungkook was doing his work manually because at the present era, you will just have to leave it as a message and the technology will do the trick. Kang Daesung wasn't your typical 2696-man who really always rely on technology; you can regard him as a "rare-specie." Jungkook told you that he also have to perform it with antique instruments such as guitars, pianos, flutes etc. To help the older guy, you inserted your signature below just to be safer.

"I'll have someone send it tonight." you said as if it was a simple task which was true.

"Thanks. Question?" 

"About your hands... how did you... break the cuffs..." your voice suddenly became quiter for no reason, "I mean it's electric-enhanced. You got lucky you didn't lose your hands." your eyes looked down on his bandaged-arms. It'll be a waste to lose those beautiful, slender, soft-looking hands. 

"Don't underestimate me, You ." his infamous smug look plastered on his face. It got on your nerves.

Cocky bastard.

You decided to shrug it off because you weren't in the mood to argue. "Tell me why you're so mad earlier then." 

Jungkook's eyes suddenly widened. You tilted your head on the side, puzzled. "Oh that..." 

Flashback

After the two of you encountered unexpectedly, you told Yongguk to talk about the matter outside. The room was definitely soundproof even you drop a nuclear bomb inside, it won't let out a sound even the slightest.

"Nice taste you have there, dude. ing a police officer can be a crime too you know?" the brown-haired boy said to Jungkook. 

"Well, in order to escape easily on a crime you need to have a back-up." agreed the blonde one. 

It was the black-haired boy to speak, "What was her name again? You ? . Can I have her number? I'll the out of her." 

Jungkook was trying his best not to explde but the unpleasant remark of the raven-haired guy was the last straw. Being a genius as he is, he had knowledge of disabling the electricity coated on the cuff. It didn't take him three seconds to kill it off before he broke the cuff with brute force. Jungkook launched a punch on the said boy, breaking the nose. 

"Shall I rather beat the out of you?" his eyes were so dark that it was so dreadful. "One more ty thing you say about her, I'll crush your skull."

The guard dashed to the boys to stop Jungkook and that was when you came to the scene.

 

"It's your job to find out why, Enforcer Jung." Jungkook winked and threw a smirk at you. Bangtan-Boys-image-bangtan-boys-36591487

 


Ah~ long chapter is long~ I'm sorry for the delay because I've been busy with school projects and such! I've been practicing GOT7's Girls Girls Girls dance too, but I'll try my best! Hwaiting!

See you on the next chapter! :3

Comment pleaju~!