The Trap

Virtual Reality: Fantasia ZERO

"... alright then. Where are we going next?" the voice of Jackson seemed to be a bit unclear. For you, at least. 

Sungjae scratched his cheek, "Hmm...Yorukuni?"

Jackson made a huh face. "Yorukuni? 'never heard of that." someone from a different server was expected to say that. 

"I think the Korean counterpart of it is..." Sungjae pulled downwards by his two fingers, automatically opening the Map interface in a scratch. He scrolled once and found the area he was looking for.  "Grave of the Knights."

"Oh? It's called that way on our server too. Seems like the Japanese one has a lot of difference from the others, don't you think?"

"Hm." Sungjae nodded.

You were still on the bed when you heard the conversation. Your rubbed on your eyes and lazily sat up. Sungjae and Jackson took notice of you waking up. Even in the virtual world, your hair was a mess. Sungjae chuckled as he approached you on the bed, sitting on the edge. He fixed your smooth long hair and mildly putting them to the side. "Good morning." Sungjae greeted in a low gentle voice.

Your hand found its way to Sungjae's face, then flicking his forehead. "Don't flirt with me so early in the morning, you jerk."

"Good morning, You ." Jackson said in a cheerful manner with his cute eye smile.

"Good morning, Jackson oppa." you returned back with a smile, purposely provoking Sungjae. In revenge, Sungjae pulled your cheek apart. 

Cheeky wench. 

The two males carefully explained the next plan to you in a secretive manner. You can grasp the knowledge now regarding the game. You thought you were ready for the real job. You skipped eight areas and leaping fast to the Grave of the Knights. Jackson assured you that you'll level up faster in an area higher than your level as long as you're in a party that have members with an appopriate level for a specific area. The Grave of Knights' required level was 110 to 150. A piece of cake to the male duo. Jackson and Sungjae had forged their Skills and weapons just in case. They can't afford you to get the slightest damage or what's worse, bring your HP bar to zero.

Before teleporting to TGoK, Sungjae made a final reminder. No matter how tempting to kill an undead, never kill it because you can't.

wpid-Tera-Wallpaper-59.jpg

TGoK was something you didn't expect how it'll looked like. You thought there'll be gravestones and such but there wasn't even one. Instead, TGoK was an old, rotting village with a never-ending rain. It was mysterious that there wasn't a flood yet and it wasn't very muddy. Despite the dark clouds forming at the sky, the moon still managed to find its way out. The trees had died down, their thick trunks keeping them from collapsing. There were uneven wooden fences that served as keeping lonewolves from the houses back then. The stone paved path was sort of cracked that brought huge girly disadvantage to you. Your pointed heels kept getting between the cracks. The two evil guys kept laughing at your clumsy actions. You had enough of their snickering so you took off both of your heels and threw one to each of them. You hated their agility-type characters; none of the heels hit their target. 

Jackson offered his back to you since you can't really climb up to Sungjae because his deadly daggers were already being carried on his back. The rain had no effect on you three, it was only a CGI to add a darker aura. You felt the path seemed endless.

" You , do you know why this place is called the Grave of the Knights even though there are no gravestones?" Jackson turned his head to yours. 

"I don't." you straightforwardedly answered.

"I don't know either." Sungjae added in. "Not that I'm interesed though."

"I'm sure you'll know right away if you try wondering." Jackson shrugged his shoulders. "Well, according to the map details, this whole place is their grave. They died all of here because of an ambush." 

Because of your smart brain, you were quick to get the pieces of the story together. So you asked... "So where's the... uhh..." 

"The corpses?" Sungjae finished for you. "They might be hiding somewhere and planning to ambush us... as well!" 

What Sungjae was true. The undead knights had appeared from the shadows. Taking a stance as if they were carrying the swords on their shoulders, preparing for an attack. Jackson sighed, these undeads never fail to surprise him. 

full2_33.jpg

The two started running away from the knights who were chasing after them. The undeads were specially fast despite the heavy armors they were wearing.

"Why aren't you killing them!?" you asked either of the two in panic.

" You ! Aren't you even listening!?" Sungjae said in a yell. He wasn't mad or anything though.

"About what!?" With the staff you were holding on their right hand, you started to form a blizzard by the tip. Jackson's eyes widened. His hand quickly grabbed the staff away from your hand and tossed it ridiculously far ahead. 

"Sungjae!" Jackson called the other.

Without making a direct order, Sungjae understood what Jackson was up to. It was a fetch though with your poor staff. Sungjae just told you not to kill any of the undead and there you were; about to cause a blizzard. Sungjae dashed in his top speed, jumping up high to catch your staff. You seriously thought of Jackson breaking it. Jackson was quite skilled on dodging even he was carrying you on his back. The knights were throwing spears at the both of you who was left. Looking far ahead, Sungjae was nowhere to found. 

In fear of the undead knights catching up, you casted a spell; Zephyr. It increases a player's speed for five minutes. If you get stronger, it would last for an hour. Jackson almost tripped when you casted the spell on him. His feet got even lighter than it already was. 

After few moments of escaping, you two finally lost the undeads. 

"That would be the end of the marathon." Jackson let out an airy sigh. "Thanks for the buff, by the way." 

A buzzing sound intervened. Jackson tapped on the circular icon as a screen popped out and there was Sungjae; at the castlegate already. 

"Hyung, have you seen what's inside the castle?" Sungjae asked the older while inspecting the castle behind him. 

"I've been here twice. I'm sure there's only a portal gate inside and nothing else." If you are curious about not defeating any monsters here, kicking asses will be next after you enter the portal gate there. The whole chase was just the first round.

Before the effect runs out on Jackson, he quickly ran to the castle where Sungjae was. You two met him at the colossal gate. The castle wasn't something like you will see in movies like the ones with Dracula or something. It was just a plain castle in a gothic style. 

Jackson brought you down. "It seems a little different." he eyed the large establishment in front of him. 

"Well, I don't really know. Let's go." Sungjae tossed your staff to you and opened the gates with brute force. 

Even you were a strong person that made to the top of the SPA rankings, you were still a girl that gets scared on this kind of thing. It was still alright if you were watching horror movies, but this time was different. You were in the movie itself.

The huge door opened itself. It was totally dark inside. Jackson expected if the room was so dark, only the teleporting gate will give light to them but it was pitch dark. He was definitely sure the teleporting gate was on the ground floor; not on the other floor. The darkness was just momentary until faint lights scattered around the room but it didn't reach the darkest end of the hallway. 

It was like that until the cold atmosphere touched your skin, making you feel something was about to happen. The sound of the piercing wind continued until the whole room was fully lighted in a blink of an eye. It was revealed that the room was quite spacious. This explains why there was a large blank area on the map. Your body suddenly moved on its own, clinging to Sungjae. No matter how much Sungjae enjoyed the feeling of you being scared, he still needed to focus or else.

A heavy stomping sound shook the whole room. A huge shape had begun to appear every second. The enormous body was covered with bulging muscles. The skin was dark blue, and the head resting above its think chest was not a man's, but a mountain goat's. Two curved horns towered on either side of its head. Eyes burning in light blue, it was staring at you three like you were its prey. Well, you three were its prey. Half of its body was covered in thick fur. You can't determine where did its lower body came from but you were sure it was of an animal's. In summary, it was a demon holding an equally big sword resting on its shoulders.

The demon had stopped. You three found yourselves frozen in place while looking up at the gigantic demon. Out of all the VRMMORPG Sungjae had played, this one gave him the worst feeling that he shouldn't be messing up with. Despite with the uneasy feeling Jackson was experiencing, he focused his eyes on the monster to get the name. 

sao___kirito_vs_the_gleam_eyes_by_emicop

The Gleam Eyes. 

Pretty unique name, huh?

By adding "The" on its name, it was undoubtedly the boss. Gleameyes, eyes that gleamed. 

Sungjae saw the name too. "Level 350!? But that's way higher than the level cap!"

"This isn't here before! The boss should be on the third portal and it should be level 115!" Jackson stated as a matter of fact. There was fear rushing up inside him. When it comes to something from hell, demons were something he hated the most. "Let's escape for now!" 

The door was closed. 

"." Jackson cursed.

Jungkook had once told Jackson and Sungjae not to die because if they will, data will be transmitted to the game system. If they were detected, there's a big chance of them being investigated by the game staffs.

Gleameyes disappeared on your sights until it appeared in a flash behind you. Its purpose was probably to block the exit. Its sword clung. This won't be good.

The blade swung, leaving a long cut across Sungjae's body and ... there was a blood splatter. 

You froze in your place, unable to move nor talk. 

Sungjae collapsed on the ground, wincing in pain. It just hurted so much. 

"Arghhh!!!" Sungjae held his bleeding torso. His voice caused you to move. You hurried on his side and did a healing spell but it didn't worked on him. You saw his HP bar dropping down to the red zone.

Gleameyes was a lot faster than these two. 

When your eyes went to search for Jackson...

Jackson was impaled through the tip of the blade. The demon swayed its sword as Jackson's flew away, hitting his back on the concrete wall then falling after. Visible signs of blood sprayed all over the room.

"JACKSON!!!!" you screamed in horror. It was so real. 

Gleameyes walked its way on you.

YOU'RE NEXT.


Do I need to say something or nah? xD so anyway, the poll is still ongoing. Jungkookie is on the lead! yay? xD

SAO fans! remember Gleameyes-kun? OuO He made the most impression to me so I decided to put him in action again~ <3 

Comment pleaju!