The Gunslinger

Virtual Reality: Fantasia ZERO

Reaching the gate wasn’t exciting as I expected. The gate’s design was impressive indeed. The said battlefield didn’t look like a battlefield on what you’re imagining right now like there were bloodstains, spears, swords with scrapped cloths and rusty helmets. It was a freaking planting field and a harmless looking forest. You’ll no longer see places like this at the real world’s present condition. I felt like I didn’t come here to fight but to plant. But a cute little blue slime reminded me my supposed goal.

“…Uh.. Yume? How do I… attack the slime? Do I hit it with my staff…?” I asked, embarrassed to the bone.

Yume wasn’t laughing but it was too obvious that she wanted to, “You’re a mage. You suppose to attack with spells and magic unless you want to become a swordsman.” She looked away to hide her chuckling face.

“You’re teasing me now?” I pouted at her. Ever since I met her, I thought she was the last person to mock me.

She cleared , “For beginners, it’ll be hard to pinpoint but you’ll gradually get used to it. Pinpointing only applies to mages and archers since they’re long-ranged warriors. Unlike classes like swordsmen and rogues, they’re the melee types that can attack directly. The secret for an immediate lock-on on the monster is to stay calm. Since it’s your first time and your skills are so basic, just focus on hitting one monster at a time. Don’t think of luring a dozens of them yet. Don’t look for another monster if you haven’t finished the current one yet.” Even though some terms were new to my ears, I can grasp on she was saying. “Now relax and focus your vision to that slime. You’ll see a green crosshair. If that turned green, it’s locked.”

The feeling was like in the reality because I’ve hold guns almost every day. It was nothing new except I’m holding a different weapon. At the far right, I can see the list of my Skills. There were two of them; a wind one and a fire one. It was very simple attacks. The wind was just wind attack and then, there was a fireball attack.

When the crosshair turned green, my reflexes moved and used the fireball skill. It was a one-hit kill.

“Woah.”

“Impressive.” Yume stated.

“But I didn’t say any spell?” I was surprised myself too.

“You were thinking of using it, no?”

“I think I was.”

“That’s the way.”

“So, what’s the use of spells?”

“For support. You’re on aggressive mode right now.”

The routine repeated for almost half an hour. There were item drops. I looked better now unlike my first seconds here, I looked like a war refugee. photo ssss_zps360f3fcf.jpg My characters stats were getting better too. I reached Level 12 but I still can’t take on three mobs at the same time. Yume and I were almost clearing the whole map. I encountered adorable bigger slimes, fungus, poisonous flowers and every farm pests you can imagine. They still manage to look cute though. On our way to the last boss, Yume informed me the last boss’ attack patterns. It was a possessed tree that was 15 meter tall or in summary, a treant. The game suggested that if you’re heading to defeat map’s main boss, you should be in a party but I preferred to solo it since I don’t really want to socialize with the people yet.

Soryu and Uncle Jeon might be crying right now.

“Stop your tracks. We’re here.” Yume said, getting more serious. It should be so strong for my level.

In front of us was a simple tree but when I approached it a little more, the tree slowly transformed to an impious treant with sharp arm-like branches. It was like Hulk in tree form.

“It’s really slow on movement but its impact is really destructive. Be careful, You .”

Yume went on defense mode. She can block the attacks but it was all up to me to the attacks. All Yume can do was be a shield and a healer that will replenish my HP and MP*.

This will take a hell a lot of time.

I was getting a hang of the game. I can now handle the attacks and read the attack patterns of the monster boss. I don’t know myself why I feel myself getting tired. My actions will be so clumsy sometimes. But then, I realized it was due to my brain’s exhaustion. This game purely works with the brain, not with the body.

Tired or not, I was very determined to beat the monster so I can rest all I want after the battle.

While I’m being too engrossed to the treant… I don’t know if it was a part of the game where you can feel that someone is watching you behind those trees because I can feel it.

I threw the pessimistic thoughts away and assumed that it was probably the Game Masters or Seul Ri keeping everything smooth and fair.


“Hey. That elf girl is a new user, right?” the unknown Knight said, confirming things from his other party members.

“I’m sure she is,” said the human *Rogue, “The moment I saw her was at the Save point.” He added.

“Have you seen her walking around the city? She’s walking with a legendary spirit! Only top player has that angel spirit!” their *Cleric exclaimed.

The party leader, which came with the name or username “Shin Kyung”, a Knight, smiled grimly. “Her spirit may be a legend, but she’s not.”


Exactly forty-five minutes had passed; my body was almost giving up. No matter how many times Yume restore my HP and MP, if my virtual body is tired, it’s utterly useless. It’s my real brain we’re talking about here.

I’ve damaged the treant a lot, I have to stand up for that 1% health of that stupid tree.

“Just die… ALREADY!!!” I was too worn-out. I easily get angered when I’m tired.

I thought I can finally level up again but that thought became impossible.

Another user delivered the final blow, taking all the items to him alone.

“Mwo…?” My eyes widened in surprise. My mind didn’t process at the situation. “You’re kidding, right…?” My body fell to the ground limply, still in shock.

“How dare you!” Yume growled.

The player smirked on Yume, “Excuse me? I helped her out. She’s tired, isn’t she?”

Level 26, Shin Kyung

“No. You didn’t!” Yume spat back.

The shameless man spoke once again, “Since I’ve helped you out… Why don’t you pay me back with your spirit? It’s a fair trade, rookie.” Shin Kyung sneered and laughed mockingly along with his party members.

“Over my dead body, you freak.” I snarled. This situation just gave me a bad impression of virtual reality games.

“You little !” the knight raged, “I’ll kill you and get that spirit!”

It was laughable for me that this guy gets so worked up on a game. Does this game mean a lot to them?

The knight raised his sword, preparing to send me back to the *Respawn point. My body was refusing to move.

I told myself that all of this was just a game but I was surprised I’m fighting for this programmed girl.

My face couldn’t make any expression. It was the poker face I always wear during my work at the police department. “Yume, I’ll get stronger and get you back. Don’t work hard on that piece of crap and wait for me, alright?”

My words infuriated this player more. I can feel the sword drawing closer with a slash.

Okay, this is it…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow. That’s harsh.”

A mocking voice spoke from nowhere.

“Huh?” When I looked back to the Level 26 player, I realized I was unharmed.

The knight’s sword flew from his hand and broke into particles with a single bullet.

“Oops, sorry. I didn’t mean to break it.” A male player came out from the shadow along with a familiar griffin and a equally stunning male spirit. (The guy at the picture)photo weddinggrab_zpsa4eaa895.jpg

The anonymous player had two guns on his holster and a black human size rifle at his back. He was wearing a black blazer that made his shoulder look broad andwhite shirt inside, black pants that hugged this defined legs and a matching black boots. His necklace with a cross complimented his whole appearance.

“You really like breaking user’s possessions, don’t you?” The male spirit coolly stood with his arms crossed as he scolded his owner “And you, you rascal, be thankful it’s not a Player Kill. A slight damage from this idiot is really terrible, you know?” the spirit didn’t intend to frighten the other players but he just did.

“The Sword Plaza is always open anyway.” The boy replied simply as if it meant nothing on him.

It really meant nothing on him.

“And who are you, mister knight in shining armor?” Shin Kyung yelled at the gun wielding player.”

The smug look on his face suddenly disappeared. “Excuse me but I’m a gunslinger.”

“Pfffft.” The spirit boy let out a suppressed laugh.

“You !”

As the males argued, Yume slowly came to me. She was getting tired too for her spiritual energy being drained as seconds passed by.

“He doesn’t know you?” The male spirit raised an eyebrow amusedly as the griffin let out an agreeing sound.

Then Shin Kyung’s party members spoke, “I-I know him…! W-We s-should r-r-retreat for n-now..!” their cleric pathetically stuttered as the he and the rogue ran away, leaving the party leader behind.

“Those cowards!!!” Shin Kyung hissed.

“Hey, give the items back you got from the treant to the girl.” The gunner said with a poker face which infuriated the knight.

“W-What are you saying? I-I helped her to finish it off…!”

“Ah… This one is so stubborn.” The boy sighed as he rubbed his nape with his hand.

“You brat!”

Before the knight could land a punch on the younger boy, he caught the fist right away and twisted the whole arm, pinning him to the ground.

“Are you kidding me? You’re level 26 and these hunting grounds are for level fifteens and below. You should be in Astrane and not in Altaria so that means you’re bullying to the newbie.” The gunner said sharply with such dreadful and dark expression.

Red flickering lights started to emit from his whole body. I was taken aback.

The boy leaned forward to the knight’s ear, “Do you know these red lightning? Yes yes~ it’s a Player Kill aura. Did you know? When a PK Player dealt a mass damage with you, you’ll go down a level or levels according to the damage? You’re a knight, you specialize in defense but I’m a gunslinger. I broke your enhanced sword with one bullet. What if I used a skill on you? Like right now?”

That was all deathly whispers from the boy but I heard it very well. The knight was so intimidated. If I was on his position, I would be so traumatized. Shin Kyung ran for his life.

The said gunner was such a mocking jerk. He scared the knight with a missed gunshot. He also made him to give the items.

“You went too far on that. It’s a user in the 20s, you know?”

“Be it his age or level, I just felt like it.” He smirked.

That smug look again.

“Well, I liked the dark expression.”

I just watched the gunner talked with the spirit while Yume was holding me in her arms.

“Okay, now-“

I cut him off, “You can kill me but don’t just take Yume from me.”

“… Listen babe, I’m not going to steal her from away, ‘kay?” The gunner crossed his arms. With his other hand, he pointed to the handsome spirit, “I already have this dude so I don’t need another one. It’s already bothersome.”

“What? It was me who saved your so many times!” The spirit talked back but he was ignored by the boy who was walking towards me and kneeled on my side.

“Tsu Ki, Tranquility.”

With a raise of the male spirit’s hand, a blue gentle blizzard blew towards us.

“What… Why I feel sleepy…” With a snap of the gunner’s fingers, I slowly fell to him while the male spirit named Tsu Ki held Yume who also went unconscious; her wings had closed and disappeared.

 

 “Let’s see,” The mysterious gunslinger stood up, carrying you in bridal style, “The closest city of newbies is…”

“Astrane.” Tsuki answered, carrying the beautiful female spirit of yours on his back.

“I’m sure that knight is there. If I see that guy again, I might smash his face next time.” The young man said, making an annoyed face.

“Well, the closest will be your house at Icarus.”

“Fine.”

With the help of the fairly powerful spirit, all of you were easily teleported to Icarus; the City of Angels.

The house wasn’t that big, it looked like just some medium-priced apartment with wooden furniture and stuff.

“They probably- no, they recognized you.” Tsuki said, opening the door of a room with his free hand.

The boy followed the spirit inside “Do I look like I care?”

“You never cared but not this time. Not this time.”

“You repeated that twice…”

“You brought a girl.”

“I did.”

“And my… sibling.”

“What? Sibling?”

Yes, sibling.”

The handsome player laid you down on a soft white bed along with your guardian. Your breathing had become stable as well as hers.

“Okay dude. Tell me, what the I just did?” The boy sat on the oak chair that was turned backwards and leaned his body at the back support.

“You put up this white knight act then scared the crap out of that player that who knows what is he doing right now and might beat the out of you someday.”

“Shut it, Tsuki. He can’t and never will.”

“By the way, do you know the girl?”

“I don’t.” he stood up from his seat and made his way to the edge of the bed and sat there.

“Then why did you bring her here?”

“Why did I bring her here again?”

“You’re crazy.”

“Remind me why later.”

“Introduce yourself.”

“In 10 seconds.”

10

 

9

 

8

 

7

 

6

 

5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1

Exactly ten seconds, your body sat up on its own.

“I’m Jungkook. Not a creeper, in case wondering.”

His eyes were locked to yours, staring at you blankly.

I rubbed my eyes.

“… Jung… cook? …chef? Is someone cooking...?” You were still half asleep. If you could only see what’s on someone’s mind, you can see Jungkook face palming.

“Pffft.” Tsuki snickered.

“Tsuki.” Jungkook called darkly, effectively shutting the other male. Tsuki raised his hands in defeat.

Tsuki spoke, “It’s Jungkook, young lady.”

With one blink, you were back at your normal self. “Oh? Thank you… Jungkook-sshi.” You said casually.

“That doesn’t seem the face of being grateful.” Jungkook joked.

“Are you making fun of my face?”

“No.”

“Good.”

“I’m gonna open the Trade interface. I’ll give the items back.” With his index finger and middle finger together, he pulled downwards. The Menu appeared and he tapped on the “Trade” placing all the items the treant dropped earlier. You accepted the items you really deserved.

“…Thanks again.”

“Don’t mention it.” Jungkook smiled a little. “Good job on taking the map’s main boss by yourself, by the way. You must be skilled in combat in real life.”

‘Well, I’m a police officer.’ My mind spoke that but my mouth told a different story, “It was because of the tutorial.”

“Cool.”

While you were talking with Jungkook, the both of you didn’t notice Tsuki shuffling towards Yume who was sitting at the bed silently with eyes closed even she was awake.

“Uh… sis?” Tsuki started, standing at the side, facing the female one.

“’Sis’…? Why are you calling me that?” Yume slowly glanced to his brother.

“I mean it literally. You’re my sister.” He said. “I’m delighted to see you thou, my sister.” Tsuki placed his hand on his chest and bowed to his older sibling.

Jungkook suddenly laughed, “It ain’t suit you, bro.”

Irritated, Tsuki produced a small but powerful fireball with one hand and threw it wildly to his partner, hitting the forehead.

“Hey! That hurts!” Jungkook complained, rubbing his forehead.

“Liar.”

Well, a damage of 1 HP is a total lie.

“You got me.”

The four of you had gathered on the bed so everyone can have a good conversation and… necessary explanations.

“Now tell me why we have these two spirits as siblings.” You started.

“For short, it’s a long-term quest. The quest immediately registered when I made contract with Tsuki. Out of 500 million players, search the player with the same type of spirit and it’s only one in the world of Fantasia then I found you.”

“Wait, they might be lovers. It gives me that feeling.” You defended, being an enforcer as you are.

“They are siblings.” He emphasized the last word. “I confirmed it with the Game Master. So, moving on, Welcome to Fantasia Zero.”

“That really was a bad start.” Was all you could say.

“You see, I knew from the start that there’ll be guys who’ll attempt to tail you.”

“You knew?”

“Excuse me for doing this.” Jungkook flicked your forehead.

“Hey!”

“Don’t think that all people in games are the goody-goody types. Yume is a legendary spirit, I’m sure you’re aware of that. I mean do you think your spirit will be left unnoticed if she keeps flapping her big wings?” You were being scolded now.

“Honestly, I can hear their whisperings about You as well.”

“See? I was an Assassin so my instincts and hearing are beyond normal players.”

“Was?” You raised an eyebrow, curious.

“Job change…” Jungkook sighed after, “Didn’t you read the tutorials?”

Tutorials. You heard it.

TUTORIALS.

“Oh… that…”

Yume explained your “game-innocence” to the boy and your clumsy moment with that tutorial stuff. He was laughing for a second then staring at you like “why are you so stupid.”

“Yume, go to *S-Dimen with Tsuki. I’ll be this chick’s guide starting now.” Jungkook declared without consent.

“Excuse me?”

“I can’t leave my master, lad.” Yume said sternly.

“C’mon, sis. My Kookie is really strong and you know that. Let me train your abilities in our own dimension. Not trying to be rude but it’ll make you more helpful to You .”

“I guarantee her safety. Go polish up your skills so you’ll come handy in Offense too.”

“Are you two saying I’m useless!? Watch your mouth, you human!”

“Now, now, Yume. Go spend your time with Tsuki. I’ll be fine.” You reassured her.

“How can I know that you’re willing to protect my master no matter what?” The female spirit dared the boy.

“I’m willing to quit the game if her HP goes below 80%. Is that enough?”

“Very well, human.” The two spirits disappeared into shining dust.

Now, the both of you were the only ones left in the room.

You were very surprised at Jungkook’s decision. 80% was a lot. “You don’t have to take it so seriously. I can be careless.”

“Nah. Just let me. I want to show you that this world is much more comfortable than the reality.”

You couldn’t mutter a word. Instead, you only looked at Jungkook.

“Starting this time, I’ll protect you no matter what. You have my word.”


So, Jungkookie looks like this!: Just imagine the big rifle and the holsters and guns xD

 BxnvmptCIAA3rp8.jpg

While I was writing this, I can imagine so many expressions of Jungkook XD

His look when he shot the sword:

 tumblr_inline_n8qhbtuA2d1rl2lra.png

Jungkook being the bad boy at his first appearance! XD I was giggling when he was making fun of the player.

Imagine Kookie being DARK and WILD while threatening Shin Kyung. 

“Hey, give the items back you got from the treant to the girl.”

Jungkook-Dark-and-Wild-concept-photo-bts

My LOLing moment:

“Excuse me but I’m a gunslinger.” 

6142e6646777c9c4b40b70745662cdc4.jpg

 

And lastly, my favorite part... 

"“I’m willing to quit the game if her HP goes below 80%. Is that enough?”

 

tumblr_inline_nc7t86F0G61t1pthg.gif

*squeals and passes out spazzing*


*Cleric - they are the healing type mages

*Rogue - they are like swift ninjas with daggers

*MP - Mana Point. It allows you to use magic based attacks

*Respawn point - A term in games where if you die, the respawning point is your designated place.

*S-Dimen - Spirit Dimension