Meeting

Unwanted Reunion

Hello all my dear readers~~ This is the part of the story where Jaejoong gets to meet Lee Soo Man after three long years. Now I know this might be a sensitive topic to some readers, so before hand I'll explain what his role in this story will be. In this story, Lee Soo Man will be the catalyst that drives TVXQ into a reunion. I know some of you readers hate Lee Soo Man to the core, so I'll explain before hand why I chose to do this.

Excuse my interuption of the story, but if I could just have a few seconds out for you to hear me, maybe you won't hate me so much for my decision. You see, I have an uncle who's just like Lee Soo Man. He runs a (very) successful business that expands to all over Asia and the Northern West Hemisphere.

Being the CEO and founder of the company, he seems like a very strict and uptight man. He overworks his employees, he sets them long hours, and he gets numerous complaints for so called 'mis-treating' his employees. But I for one know how much he cares for them. The salary he gives them is more than enough, and he is always open to lend a hand to workers in need. He financially supports many needy individuals, and takes his time to listen to everyone of his workers. He knows his employees like the back of his hand. He really cares for them

I know that, even though they complain of being overworked, that his employees really love him very much. That's why his business is so successful. So... i think Lee Soo Man is like that

Sure there will be some employees standing up to go against him, but i guess some things are bound to happen

So... I hope my explanation will settle any questions you have about my decision~~

********************

 

Looking up to the building where he grew up in, Jaejoong felt a strange sensation in his chest. This was the place he grew up in, where memories, good and bad were created. He stood in front of the doormam, who as usual never noticed anyone's presence but himself. It amused him that SM hadn't changed their doorman for the past ten years. But he was still happy to see a recognizable face.

"YAH!" Jaejoong yelled informally.

Startled, the doorman looked around, and saw Jaejoong staring up at him.

"OMO!!! JAEJOONGIE!!!"

Jaejoong smiled and tried not to cringe at his old nickname. Almost everyone in SM called him that, but he was too polite to say that the nickname annoyed the heck out of him.

The doorman stepped down from his stand to look Jaejoong up and down.

"My, Jaejoongie... You've really grown these past three years, huh?"

Jaejoong mock-pouted. "Is that all you have to say? I don't even get a hug?"

The doorman laughed, before crushing Jaejoong in a painful bear hug.

"That's for waiting three whole years just to visit us!!" He joked, lifting the younger boy of the ground.

Jaejoong laughed when the doorman put him down. "Yeah. Sorry about that."

The doorman waved it off. He hugged Jaejoong again, before saying, "Remember Jaejongie, once you're part of the SM Family, you never leave!"

Jaejoong smiled politely. He knew the doorman was trying to emphasize the importance of family in SM Town, but he felt the chains of those words tie him down.

After a few more minutes of pointless chatter, Jaejoong excused himself to finally enter.

The passcode was entered by the doorman for him, and Jaejoong entered, feeling the sudden drop in temperature of the air-conditioned room.

Once he entered, however, he felt like home.

"OMO!!" someone yelled, "Isn't that Jaejoongie?!"

It was Heechul, who was back from the army for a short break. Everyone in the hallway turned to look at him, from the trainees to his seniors to the workers who made everything possible. Jaejoong smiled shyly at all of them. He didn't know what to say. He had been gone for three very long years. Time changes you.

"H-h-hi," Jaejoong stammered, as the faces stared in wonder. They couldn't believe who it was.

"IT IS YOU!!!" yelled Heechul.

All at once, he was swarmed by all the people who were staring at him.

"Jaejoongie, where have you been?!" "What took you so long to visit?!" "YAH!! Idiot you lost weight AGAIN!!" "Sunbae, it's so nice to finally see you again!!" "Omo, Jaejoongie you have no idea how much we missed you!!"

Jaejoong began to tear up at all those questions. He was still remembered. And they still loved him. It touched him greatly that he was still welcome into the family, eventhough he had chosen to leave three years ago. It was these people that made it so difficult for him to leave in the first place. But now that he had, he had no regrets.

One by one, he was pulled into a hug, a kiss and a conversation that left him teary at the same time filling him with so much happiness he practically glowed. He hadn't felt this kind of happiness in three years.

Jaejoong was asorbed deep in a meaningful but at the same time pointless [Yah, how've you been? I missed you man! Hows that company? Do they treat you right? Yah... we should hang out again like we used to!] conversation with Leetuek when he heard someone yelling his name from afar.

"YAH!! Jaejoongie oppa???!!!" BoA yelled from across the hallway. Jaejoong turned to look at her.

"IT IS YOU!!!" she yelled.

She charged at him from a across the hall. Quickly, Jaejoong hugged Leetuek goodbye and braced himself for the great impact someone so petite could produce.

"OOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~!!!!!!!" she screamed, running towards him at a scary speed.

"BOOOOOOOAAAAA YAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" he answered, before the two of them crashed into each other with enough force to knock both off the ground. They both fell laughing, and the passer-bys smiled to themselves. This was the standard relationship between them. Not even three years of not seeing each other could affect their friendship.

"YAH!!" scolded BoA, as the two of them got off the floor, "It took you three whole years just to visit me?!"

"Sorry, BoA yah~~ Oppa was just busy."

BoA pouted, arms crossing her chest as she looked up at him. He knew his excuse was nowhere good enough for her.

Jaejoong laughed as he ruffled her hair. "But I'm here now, aren't I?"

BoA laughed good-naturedly, letting her arms drop. "Yeah, I guess." She suddenly held up her arms high in the air, inviting him for a hug.

"WELCOME HOME, JAEJOONGIE~~~!!!" she yelled, loud enough for the sound to echo.

Jaejoong wrapped her in a bear hug, before spinning them both arounf.

"I'm home..." answered Jaejoong, smiling softly to himself.

*****************************

Jaejoong stood outside Lee Soo Man's office. He was scared. Scratch that. He was petrified.

After making a five minute walk turn into a two hour journey filled with old friends and their hugs and kisses, Jaejoong was simply tired. Willing to get over it, he confidently strolled into Lee Soo Man's office, saying high to his surprised secretary who immediately stood up and bowed to him.

Jaejoong knocked on the door and entered.

Lee Soo Man was on his desk, signing several documents with serious faces, when he looked up.

"Oh! Jaejoongie!" he said in greeting, dropping what he was looking to stand up. "What brings you here? Sit down, sit down!" he gestured excitedly to a chair in front of his desk.

Jaejoong knew what many fans thought of Lee Soo Man. Many hated him to the core, thinking that he was just a heartless man who overworked his employees to death. But Soo Man was in actual fact a very kind and patient man, he was just running a business.

Sometimes, in business, you have to sacrifice to sacrifice something so your business booms. Soo Man had sacrificed his fan's love for him. But business was business.

"It's really been a long time, Jaejoongie!" he said as he wrapped the thin boy in his well-stocked arms. Jaejoong hugged him back with sincerity. He had missed him. "You've lost weight again..." Soo Man sighed, as he placed his both hands on Jaejoong's shoulders to look him up and down.

Jaejoong smiled gently as he said that. They both knew the reason why he was in such a state, but it was Soo Man's policy not to mix personal matters with business.

"Please! Sit down!" He said. They both took a seat, facing each other. "Now. What can I do for you?"

Jaejoong laughed. His boss always knew when his employees wanted things from him. It was what made from reliable.

Jaejoong cleared his throat. "I need your help on a certain matter..." and began recounting his story. He started with the phone call Changmin made to him a few hours ago, to his discovery of the beaten boy, and to the things the three of them said to Yunho.

Throughout al this, stayed quiet, giving his thorough undiveded attention to Jaejoong's story, stopping Jaejoong at times to ask questions. Finally, Jaejoong finished his tale. Soo Man leaned back in his chair, deep in thought.

"Has Changmin... been sent to the hospital?"

Jaejoong shook his head. "He's simply too scared. He won't budge. He won't even let us out of his sight."

Soo Man nodded in understanding.

"This is actually quite a serious matter. I'll have to report Yunho to the authorities and send Changmin to a hospital.."

Jaejoong shook his head. "I assure you, those things aren't necessary. I think Yunho is being punished enough by the three of us, and Changmin is safe in the hands of Junsu and Yoochun. But what I really need is a solution to this problem. I don't trust Yunho alone with Changmin. He's too unpredictable, and Changmin's fear of him is quite strong."

Soo Man leaned into his intertwined fingers, a fierce look on his face. This was his way of saying that he was deep in thought, and hence evryone should keep quiet. After a few minutes of thinking, Soo Man looked up at him.

"Alright," he began, "Here's what I'll do." Taking out a large notepad, he began writing. "For Yunho, I will make him attend anger mangement and stress relief classes. I also want to test him for Bipolar. His mood swings lately are getting more violent and it worries me. For Changmin, counselling is necessary. I can't guarantee that I can get this, but I'll try to get a separate dorm for the two of them. Until things settle down, I don't think it's safe for them to live together."

Jaejoong smiled. "Thank you very much, Soo Man sunbae-nim. I really appreciate your help in this. i guess I'll be going now." Jaejoong stood up to leave.

"Jaejoong? I'm not done yet. Please sit down."

Jaejoong sat back down hesitantly, unsure of what was coming at him.

"Now, this is just my opinion. You can call it ramblings of an old man, but didn't you say that both Changmin and Yunho were for the worst? That Yunho is too stressed and Changmin is too scared to be left alone? Now I am not trying to start anything here, but I think this started from the breakup."

Jaejoong visibly tensed, and had curled his hands into fists under the table. He didn't want to talk about this.

"Jaejoong? I'm not trying to imply anything, and I'm no finding anyone to blame either. All I'm saying is that Yunho is holding the responsibility of what used to be five, so of course he'll be stressed. Changmin is feeling the effects of abandonment. It's normal for someone to feel this way, no matter what age, especially considering what happened to him. Now believe me when I say that I can spend thousands of dollars on Changmin and Yunho's treatments, but the easiest, and I believe the fastest way for all of you, yes I mean all of you, to heal is by getting back together again. And I don't mean like now, meeting every once in a while. No. I mean by moving in together again, working together again, BEING together again. This way, you three can keep an eye on the two of them at all times, and also fix the rift that has developed between you and them. And... Let's face it, don't you think that your fans have waited for your reunion long enough? I'm not saying this as Lee Soo Man sunbae-nim, businessman, but I'm saying this as Lee Soo Man ahjushi, friends to TVXQ."

Jaejoong nodded. He knew Soo Man made sense. Of course getting back together would be the best way to keep an eye on the both of them.

"Jaejoong, you should know that we'll always be open to welcome you back home. Many of the staff here really missed your presence. It's alright if you don't want a reunion, but the least you can do is think it over. I'll be waiting for an answer."

"Thank you very much, Soo Man sunbae-nim," said Jaejoong as he got up and bowed to him. "I'll discuss this with the rest of them before I give you any answer."