Insanity has its perks

Unwanted Reunion

"What happened to him?" Junsu asked, as Changmin's head rested on his lap. 

The boy was still asleep, and his fever was still persisting. His sleep however, had turned peaceful.

"I don't know but I think he developed a fever from all that running around. He's worn out, so best to just put him in bed after this," Yunho explained, as he rounded a bend.

Jaejoong sighed beside him, riding shotgun. "I guess it can wait," he whispered to himself.

"What can wait?"

Jaejoong looked up, distracted. "Nothing."

Yunho shrugged, as they narrowly missed being hit by a bus. Yunho horned the offending driver long and hard, before swerving dangerously into the next lane. "Stupid bus," he seethed.

It wasn't that Yunho was that bad a driver. It was that his driving skills were highly dependant on his moods. As were most things in his life.

"Yunho watch out!" Yoochun yelled as Yunho swerved sharply to avoid a car driving from the opposite direction. The four in the car leaned to the left as Yunho hit the next lane. Jaejoong bumped his head on the window, while Junsu had to brace his arms against the car seat to avoid falling

"What kind of IDIOT drives on the wrong lane?!" Yunho practically spat out.

"You do!" yelled Yoochun in response.

Yunho stuck his head out the window. "Oh," was all he said as he switched back to the correct lane.

The ride home, other than the close brushes with death, which occured several times, was uneventful. The four of them sat in an increasingly uncomfortable silence. For some reason, no one dared to speak up, to start a conversation.

It had been three years since they had met. Three whole years. Time changed not only people, but relationships as well.

Yunho parked the car at their home so quickly that the engine stalled. He got out anyway, opening the door first for Jaejoong, then Junsu, who rode directly behind Jaejoong. He was about to scoop a sleeping Changmin in his arms when they were rudely swatted away.

"I'll do it," Yoochun said coldly, without even looking at the leader. He was still mad.

They made their way to the house. Once inside, Jaejoong went into the kitchen to keep the untouched spaghetti in the fridge, and instead started working on the fish and chips and pizza he promised to give Changmin for lunch. He needed to keep his mind of things and the other members were smart enough to leave him alone. No one entered the kitchen to ask for any food, even though they had skipped breakfast and dinner the night before. They simply had no appetite.

Yoochun entered Changmin's room to place him on the bed, and when he didn't come back out, no one thought anything of it.

So it was only Yoochun and Junsu in the living room. They sat opposite of each other, each on an armchair with the table between them, not knowing what to say.

"So, Yunho hyung..." he started.

Just like Changmin, Yunho thought to himself, a natural chatterbox.

"Junsu," he said, cutting him short.

Junsu looked up at him.

"Do you... hate me too?" The question sounded so childish coming from the leader's mouth, but he had no other proper way of asking. "I won't blame you if you do."

Junsu looked at Yunho, his head tilted slightly to the side. The words sounded immatue, but Yunho had a very serious face on. The leader wasn't staring at anything in particular, but his eyes shot out lasers anyway. He was hunched over, elbows resting on his knees, chin resting on his entwined fingers. He was rocking very very slightly. Junsu knew this look. This was the look Yunho gave when he was scared of knowing somthing. The three of them had left three years ago, and Yunho had that look on, though he had rocked more violently then.

Junsu shook his head. Hate. It was a very strong word, not to be used lightly. "You know I could never hate you, hyung." Junsu began, "People make mistakes. It happens. One mistake, no matter how big it is, won't define you."

Yunho looked up at his dongsaeng. Junsu was swinging his legs sideways, looking down. "Though I am mad at you for hurting Changmin, I could never hate you. You don't need to ask for my forgiveness, I'm going to give it to you one day anyway. But what I do want you to do is try to win back our trust in you. I know what you did to Changmin wasn't intentional. You would never hurt him, that i know for sure. But at the same time... What you did... It was wrong, and honestly it really scared me."

Junsu stopped for a while to take a deep breath, then he looked Yunho exactly in the eye. "You're U know Yunho. You're our leader. You've always been there for us, always been a supporting shoulder. Maybe this is too much for you. Let us be here for you too, hyung. We're here now. You don't need to wallow in guilt and anger. Rather, prove to yourself that you are worthy for us to look up to. We will always need a leader, hyung. A group without a leader is pointless."

Junsu stood up and came to pat Yunho on the shoulder. "Don't worry so much about it, hyung. Things will eventually fall back into place."

With that, he turned to leave.

"Thank you, Junsu," said Yunho voice barely above a whisper, but still clear as day for Junsu.

Junsu smiled softly to himself, before going into Changmin's room, wondering what took Yoochun so long. He entered the room, to see Yoochun sitting on Changmin's bed, staring at the sleeping boy.

"Yoochun?"

Yoochun suddenly looked up at him. "Oh. Junsu. Hey."

Junsu came to sit down in front of Changmin. The boy was having a fitful sleep, jerking every now and then, face scrunched up.

"Is he okay? He's having a nightmare?"

Yoochun shook his head. "It's probably the fever. He'll settle down soon."

The both of them stared at the sleeping boy, and waited. Soon enough, it stopped and Changmin was back in his peaceful sleep.

"Yoochun?" Junsu looked up at him.

Yoochun was playing with Changmin's hair. "Hmm?"

"Are you really not ever going to forgive Yunho hyung?"

Junsu saw him freeze and Yoochun's fists clenched. The silence that followed suit was awkward, and Junsu began to wish that he hadn't asked in the first place.

"Um... You don't have to answer if you don't wanna..."

Yoochun continued staring at Changmin's face, avoiding Junsu's gaze.

"Yoochun...? I'm sorry. I won't ask again." Junsu placed a hand on Yoochun's knee, gazing up at him and unintentionally making puppy dog eyes.

"I'm more mad at myself, I guess. I'm pissed that I wasn't there when he needed me. And when Changmin yelled at me just now, it made me realise the pain we've been inflicting on him was far greater than the pain Yunho gave him. He had a point Junsu. Even if he beat Changmin senseless, he was there. He stayed, even when we left him."

Junsu stayed quiet, not really getting it since he hadn't heard any of the conversation. He did however, get the gist of things.

"Do you regret it?"

"Regret what?"

"Do you regret leaving?"

Yoochun looked Junsu directly in the eye. Junsu saw the pain in them, and he almost flinched.

"I regret leaving him behind, Junsu. I regret it so much."

 

***********

Yunho sat alone. He was on the couch, unmoving. Not concentrating on anything, yet not really zoning out either. The house was quiet. Only the soft sounds from the kitchen signified another's presence; Jaejoong's.

The voices in his head took the oppurtunity and started again. Quietly, Yunho's tears rolled down his cheeks as he lay down and placed his hands over his ears, enduring the suffering in silence.

 

*******************

Jaejoong came out of the kitchen two hours later. The silence of the house surrounded him, and he appreciated it, so he decided to keep it that way. He walked around the unfamiliar house that Yunho and Changmin shared, just the two of them. He didn't like the feel of the house. It was too small and had the feeling of a 'house' rather than a 'home'. And he didn't like the fact that Yunho and Changmin's rooms were so far apart. Why couldn't they be put side by side or something?

Jaejoong entered Changmin's room and found all three of them asleep, with Yoochun lying beside Changmin and Junsu in a siting position on the floor, his head resting on Yoochun's chest.

Jaejoong smiled. It had been sometime since he had seen something so cute, so he let it be, and stepped out of the room, not wanting to wake them up. He walked towards the living room and saw Yunho asleep on the couch in an uncomfortabloe postion, as if he was having a nightmare, with his legs pulled to his chest and his hands on either side of his head.

Jaejoong came closer without really meaning to. He sat on the floor directly in front of Yunho's face and stared at it, feeling more like a creeper than a concerened person. He noticed the tear stains on the man's face. Unwitingly, he reached out to wipe them away,  when Yunho suddenly jolted awake. It seemed like he had been electrocuted or something since he woke up so violently. He stared at the face infront of him, seeing Jaejoong's surprised expression.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Jaejoong asked when he had recovered from the shock. He ran a hand through the leader's hair, trying to comfort him. It was wet with sweat.

Yunho nodded, as he closed his eyes and tried to relax his speeding heartbeat.

"What's wrong, Yunho? Why were you crying?" Jaejoong asked gently as he used his other hand to wipe the tearstains on his face.

Yunho opened his eyes and looked at Jaejoong again, before looking away. "Nothing," he answered, "It was nothing."

Jaejoong shook his head, knowing the lie in the words. "It's never nothing when you start crying, Yunho. Tell me, what's wrong?"

Yunho stayed quiet for a while, considering. "The voices in my head," he started, "Told me to kill him, Jae. They told me to kill Changmin. And they're always there, in my head. Telling me what to do."

Jaejoong looked at him with saucer-wide eyes. He didn't know what to say. "What do... the voices say? Did they tell you to hurt Changmin?"

Yunho shook his head. "I did those things. But the voices. They're always there, always telling me to do things I wouldn't dare to do. Putting me down. They said I would be better off without someone like him and then they told me to kill him, Jae. They told me to kill Changmin."

Tears rolled down Yunho's cheek as he made his painful confession. "I can't fight them, Jae. I can't."

Tears dropped from Jaejoong's eyes as he heard the aguish in Yunho's voice. He knew Yunho wasn't lying, he knew Yunho too well for him to make a joke like this.

"Are the voices here now? Telling you to do anything?"

Yunho shook his head. "Right now, they're quiet. I fell asleep and had a nightmare. Whe I woke up they were gone.

"What was your nightmare about?"

Yunho stayed quiet for a while. "You were leaving me again," he confessed softly.

Jaejoong softly chuckled and patted the leader's head affectionately. "I'm right here."

Yeah, said the voices, but for how long?

**********************

 

Changmin woke up shivering. It was cold. Too cold. He had a headache again, and despite the cold, he was breaking out in a cold sweat.
 
He coughed once, then twice. Thrice. By the fifth cough, Junsu was already awake.
 
"Changmin?' he asked, rubbing his eyes. "Are you okay?"
 
Between them, Yoochun slept like a rock. It would take a lot more than some coughing to wake him up.
 
Changmin covered his mouth with both his hands as he tried to calm his coughing, while Junsu looked on with an increasingly worried expression.
 
When he had finished, he smile weakly at Junsu. "Fine," he answered, "Just cold. Really cold."
 
Junsu got up and went through Changmin's closet. Changmin didn't even have the energy to ask what he was doing. He came back with a heavy quilt, and threw it over Changmin's body. Changmin immediately curled up in it.
 
"Thank you," he said.
 
Junsu frowned instead of replying. He placed his hand on Changmin's forehead.
 
"You're still hot." He said, as he drew his hand back.
 
"Ive always been y, hyung," Changmin answered weakly.
 
Junsu didn't laugh, but instead knitted his eyebrows in worry. His frown deepened, and Changmin suddenly felt like crying. He knew Junsu hyung had changed. He was no longer the happy go lucky dolphin willing to fight with him.
 
"I'll bring you some medicine," Junsu said as he left the room.
 
Changmin watched him leave, the urge to cry getting stronger, until a tear finally escaped. He missed how times used to be. He sniffled and cuddled up against Yoochun hyung for comfort. How did things turn out so wrong? 
 
He sneezed. Yoochun reacted to the sound by grabbing the nearest object, in this case Changmin, and rolling over.
 
This resulted in their change of positions, with Changmin now on the outer side of the bed and Yoochun against the wall. He didn't let go of the hug with Changmin though, and with that, Changmin smiled.
 
**********************
 
 
Junsu was in the kitchen, choosing between cold and flu medication, unable to choose between the two, when he finally decided on the cold medication. 
 
There were a lot of things on his mind. He couldn't understand his own attitude towards Changmin and Yunho. Why did it seem so... awkward and forced? He sighed. He missed the old times. But he just couldn't bring himself to act normally around the two of them. Three years was a long time.
 
What if they had changed?
 
What if HE had changed?
 
Junsu finally got up and entered Changmin's room to give him the pills. The boy was already aslee[. Junsu gently woke him up, and asked him to take the medicine. Changmin did so reluctantly, since he was still sleepy. He took them with the cup of water Junsu provided, and was soon asleep again, the drugs taking effect.
 
Since he couldn't sleep anymore, Junsu got up to leave, as Jaejoong entered. Jaejoong took one look at the sleeping boys before he looked at Junsu.
 
"I need to discuss something with you," Jaejoong said, face very somber and serious.
 
Junsu nodded and they both made their way to the balcony, hoping for some peace.
 
"What is it hyung?" Junsu asked, as Jaejoong lightly slid the sliding frosted glass door shut. 
 
He didn't know that people could still hear their conversation if they would oh so happen to pass by.
 
"I need to talk to you about Yunho," said the elder as he leaned against the door.
 
"What of it?
 
Jaejoong sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm worried for him, Su. Something seems to be off with him."
 
Junsu nodded in agreement. "I know." What he did to Changmin was already a clear indication that something was wrong with the leader. He was already the protector in TVXQ, never the bully. "There's something wrong with his behaviour, hyung. I can't really point it out, but I know it's there. It's like...." Junsu paused to think, then shook his head, unable to find the right words for it. "I don't know how to describe it."
 
Jaejoong nodded in understanding, before conferring to him what had happened.
 
"He's hearing voices in his head, Junsu."
 
"Voices?"
 
"Yes. And they're not the good type. He says the voices asked him to kill Changmin, and they always put him down, telling him weird things. He says they're always there, and he can't fight him."
 
Junsu looked at his hyung, considering whether to take this seriously or not. "Are you serious?"
 
Jaejoong nodded. "He wouldn't play with something as serious as this. If he says there are voices in his head, then I believe there are voices in his head. Based on what Soo Man said, his behaviour is also being affected. He says that Yunho's mood swings are getting wilder. He's concerned for him, and so am I."
 
Junsu shook his head in disbelief. "Hyung... We all know Yunho is not one to lie, but voices in his head? Isn't that a bit too far-fetched."
 
Jaejoong glared at him dangerously. "Junsu, there is a serious medical condition for this kind of things, and it's called Bipolar!"
 
"Schizophrenia," Junsu corrected him.
 
"Yes! Whatever! But the number one priority right now is Yunho! We have to get him medical help, Junsu. This," Jaejoong began to wildly wave his hands at nothing in particular, "All this happened because of us. SO WE HAVE TO FIX IT."
 
Junsu raised his hands, wanting to calm the eldest down. "Hyung, hyung, calm down. I didn't say I didn't believe you. It's just a lot to take in okay? I just can't believe Yunho is actually insane."
 
Jaejoong came closer, murder in his eyes. "Hearing voices in your head does NOT make you crazy," he hissed.
 
Junsu nodded, a bit scared at Jaejoong's outburst.
 
Jaejoong sighed as he calmed down. "i'm sorry Junsu. But I don't think Yunho is crazy, he just needs some medical help, that's all. He can get better."
 
"So what are we going to do, hyung?" Junsu asked.
 
******************
 
Yunho woke up once again. He was hoping that Jaejoong would be there when he opened his eyes, but this time, no such luck. He sat up, and surprised himself by coughing.
 
Was he coming down with something? He couldn't risk a cold. Not now. Not when Changmin was so weak.
 
He made his way to the kitchen to grab some cold medication, and maybe something to eat. On his way, he passed by the balcony, which strangely shut, since he and Changmin never closed it. Unintentionally, he heard voices.
 
"So what are we going to do hyung?"
 
************
 
Jaejoong sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Lee Soo Man has already warned me about this. I've discussed this at certain lengths with him, and he's already told me he plans to test Yunho for Bipolar."
 
"For his mood swings right? Hearing voices in your head is a symptom of Schizophrenia, not Bipolar."
 
Jaejoong sighed. "Yes, Junsu. Soo Man suspects Yunho has it so he wants him tested before he becomes a danger to himself and others around him. Hearing voices in his head is already a clear indication that he's not in the right state of mind. We should get him psychiactric help before it's too late."
 
They stayed quiet for a while, each in their own world, before Junsu spoke up.
 
"Poor Yunho..." He sighed.
 
Both of them jumped when they heard the glass door slide open and someone enter.
 
"Yunho..." the both of them said at the same time.
 
"What... what are you saying? I don't need psychiactric help. I'm fine. I'm not crazy." Yunho's voice was soft as he came closer to the both of them. Jaejoong and Junsu unwittingly backed away from the oncoming figure.
 
"Yunho, It's not what you think. Soo Man's just worried about you, that's all. He just wants to check whether you're okay or not."
 
"I'm fine," Yunho answered, "I don't need to see a shrink. I'm not crazy."
 
"Yunho..." Jaejoong said, as hegently placed a hand on Yunho's arm, in an effort to calm him down.
 
That was the breaking point.
 
"I'm not crazy," repeated Yunho, "I"M NOT CRAZY!!"
 
Jaejoong backed away and Junsu hurriedly ducked as a vase was thrown at him. Who else would throw it but their beloved completely sane leader.
 
"YUNHO!!" screamed Jaejoong as he grabbed Yuho's wrists in an effort to stop him. He was pushed back with enough force to make him fall to the floor.
 
"I'M NOT CRAZY!" the leader practically yelled, "I"M NOT!!"
 
On a shelf beside him, was all the awards won by TV2XQ, ranging from their first Music Bank win to their most recent Daesang 
 
(AN: yes~~~ i wanted them to win the prestigious Daesang again ^^)
 
A lot of the awards were made of glass. Junsu and Jaejoong knew exactly what he was going to do.
 
"Junsu!" Jaejoong yelled.
 
Junsu ran forward, stepping on a piece of glass in his haste. He didn't even feel the pain.
 
The only thing on his mind was Yunho's safety.
 
Yunho swiped his hand along the shelf, bringing all the awards, all the testaments of Changmin and his hard work, crashing to the floor. The sound of shattering glass was everywhere.
 
Junsu reached Yunho and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, slamming him against the wall.
 
"Yunho, calm down!!" He practically screamed. He was pretty sure the outburst had winded the leader down, but he underestimated the power of insanity. And two free hands.
 
With enough power to be considered superhuman. Yunho pushed Junsu away. They younger boy very nearly fell into the mess of broken glass, if not for an amazing sense of balance and elaborate footwork.
 
Jaejoong and Junsu's eyes widened when they saw Yunho pick up a glass shard half a foot long. He was holding the shard dangerously. It cut into his skin, and blood dripped down from his palm, travelling to the length of the glass shard, before dripping to the floor.
 
"I'm not crazy," he breathed heavily.
 
The voices in his head congratulated him. He had finally stood up for himself. Bravo Yunho.
 
He smiled creepily to himself, as his eyes roamed around the room, before falling on Jaejoong and Junsu, He saw the fear in his eyes, and was instantly reminded of Changmin. His smile disappeared, replaced by a shocked expression. 
 
He had did all this.
 
Jaejoong came to him, arms raised to show that he didn't intend to bring him any harm. Yunho found it stupid. Like what was he going to do? Stab him to death?
 
"Yunho, It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you okay? Just put the glass down? Put the glass shard down please. It's dangerous. It's not a toy Yunho. You should put it down before anyone else gets hurt.
 
Yunho didn't drop the shard. Instead, the voices in his head started talking. Increasing their volume. Telling him to shut this irritating man up. To shut him up forever.
 
Yunho brought his hands to his head in attempt to block the voices out, and fell to his knees.
 
"STOP IT!!" he yelled into the empty air, "Stop telling me what to do! Leave me alone! Get out of my head!!"
 
He was practically bowing now, folding in on himself as his his forehead touched the cold marble floor and his knees tucked underneath him. He was pulling at his own hair.
 
"Yunho," someone said, his voice calm and soothing, "It's okay. It's okay. I'm here."
 
Jaejoong cupped Yunho's chin to make him look up at him. Yunho dropped the glass shard. Jaejong slowly wrapped the bigger man in his frail arms. Yunho lay his head on Jaejoong's shoulder.
 
He felt safe. Protected. For the first time in three years.
 
==================================