It Will Be

Unwanted Reunion

 

Yunho sat, his elbows resting on his knees in an Adonis-like pose. Jaera had left him alone in the office and he feared the emptiness. He was a sad mixture of tired, hurt and alone. He wanted company really - craved it more likely - yet he was afraid. Afraid of what, he wasn't entirely sure of yet.

Perhaps he was afraid of himself, of what he could do, of what he could inflict, of what was beyond his power to control.

Yunho was a man of many words and many friends. When he couldn't lean on one, he could lean on the next. But it was different now. It was different because it wasn't that there was no one to lean on to, it was that there was fear to lean on anyone. Who knew who he’d hurt. Who knew what he’d do.

The tired leader sighed, resting his forehead against his fist. The past days' events really were taking a heavy toll on him. He hadn't felt this tired in a long time. Not just the physical tiredness, his mental state was being pushed beyond his limit. He honestly did not know how long he could stand this before his body would just break down. Despite the lack of schedule and the apparent huge amounts of sleep he had been getting, the tiredness that seeped to his bones simply would not fade away.

Feeling uncomfortable being in someone else's office alone, Yunho got up, making his way out. If he had just looked out the window, he would have seen Yoochun and Jaejoong conversing right outside, discussing something that could possibly turn the state of everything around, at the risk of either saving their relationships, or totally destroying it all together. But he didn't, and so Yunho walked right past the scene, into the hallway, and letting his feet lead him back into the ward Changmin was in.

It was pure instinct, really. If only Yunho was sane enough to realise that wherever Changmin went, he went. Wherever Yunho went, Changmin went. It was the intensely deep connection the two held that went way beyond the spiritual, the strong unbreakable bond that went unnoticed between both. How both would instinctively search for the other, even when they wanted to avoid each other. Years of facing hardships and jumping over mile high obstacles had deepened their ties in such a way that one without the other was simply out of the topic, out of the question even.

But both Changmin and Yunho were blind to this. They failed to understand, they failed to see, they even failed to notice that getting away from each other would have been easy to say, but impossible to do. There had even been a time that their manager had asked whether they wanted to leave in separate places, and both had rejected it on the spot. It was impossible to think that Changmin would be without Yunho and vice versa. They didn't understand the significance of this, but right now, that bond was preventing them from ever going apart, despite the dire circumstances surrounding them. Their friendship was the very thing keeping them together.

And so when Yunho's feet planted themselves in front of the door of Changmin's ward, there was not a hint of surprise in Yunho's eyes. He had not been paying attention to where he’d been going, but the fact that his natural instinct was to locate where Changmin was wasn't something he was unused to.

Still, Yunho stopped in hesitancy. Should he? Should he not?

Changmin was alone in there, he knew. Would he be strong enough to face him without breaking? Yunho asked that question, more to himself. Would Changmin even *want* to see him? Could the maknae even look him in the eye without flinching, without fear? Did Yunho even have the right to be in his presence, to beg for an apology he didn't deserve?

"Hyung?"

The question startled Yunho who was caught off guard in his daydream. He turned to see Junsu looking at him, a soft yet ever present smile on his lips. Did that boy ever *not* smile?

"Junsu," he acknowledged. "You startled me."

"I'm sorry," he said, the sincere apology falling fluidly and easily from his lips. "What were you doing anyway?"

"Ah, it was nothing," Yunho answered, taking a step back from the door.

Junsu's head tilted to the side in confusion, misreading his body language. "Is the door locked? Did it jam?"

Before Yunho could answer however, Junsu had already taken the necessary stop forward, replacing where Yunho had been standing only moments before. He twisted the door knob to test it, only to have the door smoothly swing open at the first turn. "Huh," Junsu said, turning to Yunho with a smile. "It wasn't jammed after all."

Yunho only stood there, frozen and perhaps slightly awkward.

"Didn't you want to come in?" Junsu asked, eyeing Yunho's state in concern. "Hyung?"

Yunho's silence scared him, unconsciously pulling him back to the time Yunho showed the extent of his temper. The time Jaejoong had told him of the voices going on his leader's head. His leader? His ex-leader? He was unsure.

"What's wrong? Hyung." He snapped his fingers in front of his elder, making the other blink repeatedly and look up.

"Oh. My mind just wandered. I'm sorry."

"Don't let it wander so far," the underlying seriousness in his tone didn't go unnoticed as Yunho only answered with a soft smile. Junsu returned it, as he took a step back to let Yunho enter. "All yours."

"Not coming in?"

Junsu shook his head. "I need to go home for a while. Sort out some stuff, try to escape a few schedules while I'm at it. I'll be back the soonest I can. I only came here to say goodbye to you and Changmin, and since the maknae's still asleep and you're already here... Goodbye, hyung." Junsu raised a hand in farewell as he continued walking backwards, before he turned around to walk away.

Yunho blinked at the strangeness of the younger, seeing him break out in a half-skip, half-run as he went away. It was weird really, but seeing the strange antics brought a sort of comfort to Yunho. That Junsu was still unchanged despite everything.

And in his own thoughts, Yunho took an unconscious step forward into the ward, closing the door behind him and a somewhat instinctive move to head towards Changmin who was currently still slumbering on the bed. And when he caught himself, realized where he was, what he was doing, a gentle hand was already on Changmin, the younger's hair with all the care a leader had for his maknae, with the love a person would have for the last and only remaining person who stood by his side despite everything he made him go through.

It was a strange yet gratifying feeling, one that no one can put into words. Yunho physically felt the lightening of his chest, the burden off his shoulders and ease in his mind as he felt the maknae's hair beneath his fingertips, as he heard him sleep right before him. He could feel the tension rolling off him and for the first time in years, Yunho felt at peace, not only with body, but with his mind and soul as well.

It was the most powerful of emotions, yet not one that could be simply explained by an order of words. Yunho felt the power of it as it hitched his breath, constricted his throat and wet his eyes. It was a moment of acceptance and realization. A moment of tranquillity, understanding and awareness.

Quietly, Yunho retracted his hand, resting it against his lap. He blinked a few times in order to clear his vision, only to have tiny trickles of tears fall down his face. He wasn’t confused.

Not anymore.

He could finally see, even though it was blurry. It was like a veil had been lifted from his eyes, his soul, even his heart. A soft smile appeared on Yunho’s lips as he lifted a hand to wipe at his tears.

“I get it,” he said aloud. He wasn’t saying it to anyone to particular, even if Changmin was asleep right in front of him. He just needed to get it off his chest. After all, who knew how long this mental clarity would last before Yunho succumbed again.

“I was the stupid one.” He let a soft laugh escape his lips. “I thought... I thought that if I acted okay long enough... If I acted like as if I was alright for long enough... Then maybe it would be. Everything would be alright.”

He felt the catch in his throat and barely made an effort to hold it in, letting the dam of tears fall down his handsome face.

“It’s not,” he confessed. “It’s not okay. It’s everything but okay. I get it now. I messed up.”

Yunho leaned forward, hugging himself around his waist.

“I’m sorry. I messed up. But I can change it. I know I can. I’ll get help, I will. I messed up, I know, but let me try change it. Let me try.”

A sob escaped his lips, pain, shame and self-loathing audible in that short sound.

“Give me a second chance,” he said to the empty air, like he was letting the four walls be his witness, “Give me a second chance. I’ll do better. Please.”

Pain crippled his chest, the mental turning into the physical as he practically begged to any higher being up there for a listening ear. Somebody had to be listening, right?

He’d do better. He could. He could, he knew it.

Jaejoong still believed in him. He had chosen to forgive Yunho the moment he realised the younger one needed his help, that after holding himself together for so long, he’d need him. And he’d accepted that.

Junsu still looked up to him, the younger one still saw Yunho as a role model. He’d dropped all he had for Yunho, he’d forgiven Yunho so fast it was almost like he didn’t deserve it. But he did. Yunho knew he did. He’d earned it, he had tried.

Yoochun. Yoochun was still mad, but he was still there. He was still there for him. He was still there for Yunho, no matter how broken and filthy Yunho had become. He was still there, despite his anger and pride, despite the conflict between them.

They were still there. They were still there, standing right behind him. Even after all that he’d done. They were still there. They always were.

Still there.

How stupid he was, oh how stupid he was to not see what was painfully obvious, what should have been evident from the start. How selfish he was to think that his problems were his to solve and his alone. How silly he was to think that he could go through everything on his own, to not require the help everyone was so willing to give.

Yunho sobbed, tears of bitter pain and anguish rolling down his cheeks.

How stupid you were Yunho, to think that you could take care of this by yourself. How stupid you were to push away those who tried to come close. How stupid you were to endanger the person standing right by your side.

Yunho was blinded by his own tears, but he could still feel the soft hand resting on his;  soft, seemingly quiet presence that spoke volumes to Yunho.

"Hyung?" Changmin's voice was sleep-laced, hoarse and raspy, but the concern radiating from it was tangible.

Yunho blinked just enough to see Changmin looking up at him, a lack of fear evident in his eyes.

"Hyung, what's wrong?"

“Nothing.” Yunho’s reply was automatic, unthinking, even, as he messily wiped his tears away with his palms. He didn’t realise it, but his reaction had been completely instinctive, where he, as leader, would always shoulder the brunt of the load.

Always.

“Nothing, Changmin ah. I’m sorry I woke you.” Yunho looked up at him with a smile, his facial features perfectly arranged to betray nothing.

Changmin only stared, slowly awakening as the seconds ticked by. “Hyung,” he said, voice hoarse and raspy. “Don’t try to fool me. I can see right through you. What’s wrong?”

Yunho stared, eyes on the younger who was barely half awake, who was sick, weak and injured. Who still, despite all that Yunho had put him through, cared so much for his leader.

His bravery, his selflessness and concern for his fallen leader was too much for Yunho to take as he suddenly wrapped the maknae in a hug. Changmin stiffened silently at the contact. It wasn't the suddeness of it that shocked him, it was the meaning behind the hug that caught him off guard.

He could feel it by the way Yunho held him, by how tightly he held him and yet was mindful of his injuries. He could tell by how Yunho wrapped his arm around his shoulders, another around his waist as if he was afraid too much pressure on one certain body part would break the maknae. He could tell by the tears that were wetting his right shoulder and the close proximity of their chests that would've made Changmin uncomfortable had this been a different situation.

Yunho was back, his drug-filled body was telling him although his own mind never made this realization. This was the leader that he had known for so long, the one that he had trusted with all his heart and soul. This was the person he had clung to as a child, looked up to as a leader, and depended on like a brother.

And although Changmin's slightly sleepy state did not make him realise this, his body was reacting to the familiarity of the person before him. His body knew that this was the person he had longed for for so long, that he had searched for in Yunho's eyes but had never properly found.

And so his body reacted on its own accord, moving to rest his head against Yunho's shoulder, his arm moving to wrap around the leader's neck while the other rested on Yunho's forearm.

His body was reacting to the familiarity of it all, to the comfort of the person he had known for such a long number of donkey years.

"I'm sorry, Changmin," Yunho managed to sputter out, amidst his hiccups and sobbing. "I'm s-so, so sorry."

It seemed apologies were the only thing on his mind, as it was the only thing he said. With repetition, again and again Yunho said it, apologizing over and over.

Changmin didn't understand the apologies. He was drugged and had only just woken up from his slumber and honestly he was still tired from that seizure he had had. But his instincts reached out where his mind currently couldn't. If comfort was what Yunho wanted, then comfort would be what he'd get. This was his leader in his arms, a leader he knew he'd break his back for, a leader he knew he'd do anything for.

"It's okay, Hyung," he soothed, "It's okay. It will be okay."

 

The silence between Jaejoong and Yoochun was lengthy and somewhat uncomfortable for the younger as he looked towards the grass that was currently amazingly interesting.

This was Yoochun we were talking about.

Yoochun rode on emotions, his heart was positioned before his head and pride was something he held very highly. And so to know that he threw it away for the sake of TVXQ was slightly comforting, but the very idea that he had even thrown it away made him red with shame.

"Did you just... Say what I think you did...?" Jaejoong wondered aloud. He wasn't trying to ridicule the younger, no far from that.

He just couldn't believe his ears right then. Was this true? Was this *really* happening?

Yoochun looked up at him with a massive scowl, looking almost insulted at the request of a repeat of words. "I am *not* going to repeat that," he practically growled.

The eyes he met with were wide with innocence and disbelief and Yoochun couldn't help but sigh. Perhaps he should explain himself to clarify.

"I've seen the look in Yunho's eyes, as well as Changmin's and you were right. They need us. Perhaps not literally us, but something that can pull them together again. Something that they can depend on no matter what. Yunho may not be weak, but right now he's not the most mentally healthy person out there. He needs someone to be there for him. Changmin has always been head-strong in his own way, but what happened the past few days might be a catalyst for him to change, and for the worst. I'd pull them out of SM if I could, but Yunho would rather let loyalty kill him than betray the hand that fed him. And I know Changmin would rather blindly follow Yunho around than move on his own. I'd rather the person looking out for them be us than anyone else, and if that means going back to SM then I guess I'll just have to swallow my pride and do it."

Jaejoong stared, frozen in both gratitude and shock. Yoochun's words were sincere, if not reluctantly said. The selflessness behind them was admirable,  as Jaejoong felt himself relaxing into a soft smile.

"Thank you, Yoochun." A hand on Yoochun's shoulder and Jaejoong's own voice was enough to convey his sincerity.

"Yeah? Don't thank me yet. I’m still as selfish as I was four years ago.

There it was. The telltale moment of hesitancy and confusion as Jaejoong retracted his hand. "What do you mean?"

Yoochun shook his head, before he ran a hand through his hair. “I’m not going to deny that was happened was partially my fault.”

“Yoochun –“

“No, don’t interrupt me. Let me get this off my chest first.”

Jaejoong bit down on his lips, unsure whether he’d like what he would hear.

“You can’t deny that what happened wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t suggested we leave. I had suggested the lawsuit four years ago. I was confident everything would work out and when Changmin backed out, along with Yunho, I became selfish. It became a matter of pride to continue on with the lawsuit, and less about justifying our rights. It was a reason why things went downhill. It was all for the long reasons. If I hadn’t suggested we leave... this wouldn’t have happened.”

Yoochun suddenly stopped, his hands balling into fists as he looked straight ahead. Jaejoong raged with himself whether he should reach out to comfort him or not. He saw the lone tear travel down the younger his face and was about to open his mouth when Yoochun continued on.

“And I acknowledge that. I can make things right again, and I will. If it’s broken, then it can be fixed. It won’t be the same, I know, but we can try. So that’s what I’ll do. I’m going to try my hardest to make this better, because this is my fault. I’ll set things right again. I know I will.”

Jaejoong was silent, this time voluntarily so. As much as he wanted to argue with Yoochun, he knew how stubborn the younger could be. What Yoochun believed would be what he’d hold on to till his grave.

“You’re right.”

Yoochun looked at him in surprise, seeing the elder staring into the distance. He was right? That was it? No argument?

“We can set things straight,” Jaejoong continued. “I mean, you can’t take the blame a hundred percent, but knowing you, you’d probably take the whole thing anyways. But we all played a part in this. We all played a part in the split, that you can’t deny.”

Yoochun felt a smirk play on his lips. That was so Jaejoong; making it his life mission to make everyone around him feel better.

“But yeah, okay. You’ll set things right. I believe in you.”

Yoochun’s eyebrows lifted in surprise.

“Who’d have thought I’d say that to you, right?” Jaejoong mused with a small smile. The smile was quickly dropped however, as the elder met him eye to eye. “But I do. So if you say we can fix this, then we can.”

Yoochun was silence for a moment, before he looked away.

“You give me too much credit.”

“Do I?”

“Yeah. Because I’m not all that you think I am.”

Yoochun's eyes met with his, this time all seriousness. "I hope you know that the only reason I'm agreeing to come back is for Yunho and Changmin. If the situation hadn't turned out the way it had right now, I wouldn't even consider coming back to SM. Sure as hell I don't regret seeing the two of them after so long, but running back to the very thing we were running from isn't on my agenda."

Jaejoong was silent, his eyes on the younger. Yoochun was still sore, still angry, despite them already winning the lawsuit. If he was thinking of rejoining for the sake of revenge, then his intentions disturbed Jaejoong. But he doubted that. Yoochun was sacrificing a lot for Yunho and Changmin. Honestly, so was he. No one would be willing to sacrifice this much for revenge.

At least, that was what Jaejoong hoped.

He nodded, understanding and agreeing with Yoochun's words. "I understand. We'll be careful, Yoochun."

At that moment, Junsu walked past them, making the two look up.

"I need to settle some stuff. I won't take too long!" Junsu explained himself as he walked away, waving as he went on his way.

Jaejoong and Yoochun blinked in surprise, the tension between them slipping away at Junsu's unintentional interruption.

Yoochun suddenly chuckled, shaking his head as he did so. Jaejoong turned his head to look at him, curiosity evident in his eyes.

“Look at that,” Yoochun mused, looking up in the direction Junsu had headed, just in time to see the youngest among the three hop into his car and drive off. “Look at how carefree he is.”

Jaejoong looked too, staring just as the Lamborghini rounded a corner and disappeared from view. “Yeah,” he answered, feeling a smile of his own stretching his lips. “That’s just Junsu for you.”

Yoochun was silent, before he sighed. “No,” he said, “That isn’t.”

Jaejoong was silent, knowing that there was more the man wanted to say.

“Junsu… He’s been through a lot. More than you and I,” Yoochun started. “You know he didn’t even want to leave, right? It was just a stupid promise he made years back. That he’d leave if any of us do.”

“I know,” Jaejoong answered, feeling the tug of guilt pulling at his chest.

“He went through so much pain and suffering just for that one promise.”

“That’s Junsu for you,” Jaejoong quietly repeated.

“I’d rather kill myself than see him go through the same pain again.” Yoochun’s tone was bitter, his anger evident as his hands curled into fists.

“I’m sorry,” Jaejoong instinctively said.

“He doesn’t deserve more pain, hyung. Did you see how he was the first few months after the split? Painfully chipper, before he had a mental breakdown that lead to therapy. Do you see what he’s doing now? He’s doing the exact same thing he did five years ago. His mind is gearing for another breakdown.”

“I know,” Jaejoong whispered.

“I can’t put him through that pain again, hyung. I can’t.”

“I don’t want to, either,” Jaejoong confessed. “Out of all the people in the world, Junsu should be someone who shouldn’t be exposed to that. He’s too good for this world. Too sensitive. I’m sorry, Yoochun. If I could protect him, I swear I would, but I can guarantee nothing.”

Yoochun was silent, his eyes staring out over the horizon. “That’s what I’m afraid of. In an effort to make two members better, we somehow hurt another.”

“Me too,” Jaejoong agreed. “Me too.”

 

“Are you okay?” Changmin asked, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes.

A soft laugh escaped Yunho’s lips. “I should be asking you that.”

Silence descended between the two once again, and Yunho found it just a bit too hard to hold on to the smile on his lips.

“I’m fine,” Changmin asked, voice hoarse. He was seemingly unaware of the awkward silence. “How about you?”

“Me too,” Yunho answered.

Changmin slowly looked up at him, his hands resting at his sides as he attempted to push himself up. Yunho was quick to help, steady hands on his Maknae’s shoulders.

As soon as Changmin was steady, Yunho retracted his hands, quickly pulling them away.

Changmin had his eyes closed, a hand against the railing to steady himself, before Yunho clumsily took the initiative to move the bed into a sitting position to make him more comfortable.

“You’re not.”

The statement took Yunho off guard for a moment, before he realised what Changmin meant.

“I’m fine, Changmin,” Yunho said, the forced smile on his lips once more. “Honestly.”

“No. You’re not.” Changmin had said it in such a matter-of-fact tone that Yunho wondered if he’d known all along.

Yunho was silenced, unsure of what to say. It was almost like he was cornered.

 “I’m sorry.”

Yunho looked up, surprised at the words that left the younger’s mouth.

“I’m probably one of the primary reasons why you’re not alright. I’m sorry, hyung. For worrying you,” he continued. “And for making such huge fuss out of it.”

“Changmin, it’s –“

“No,” Changmin interrupted, holding his hand up. He paused to cough, the sounds loud and raspy. “I know what’s going on, hyung. Please stop treating me like a child, like my life depends on you. It’s probably a reason why you’re so stressed out. It doesn’t, and I’m sorry I’ve ever made you felt that way.”

Changmin paused again, this time to groan in discomfort. He pressed his fingertips against his forehead, his eyes scrunched closed.

“Ch-Changmin?”

It was several long seconds before he opened his eyes, looking up at his hyung.

“I’m not mad anymore, hyung. I’ve already forgiven you. But I don’t like how all this has turned out. I don’t like it. I’m tired, hyung. I’m so tired. Let’s just go home. Please let’s just go. Maybe things are normal there.”

“Home?”

 “Yeah,” Changmin answered softly. “Back to where the members are.”

Yunho froze, the shock numbing him.

Members.

Plural.

He was doing it. Changmin was finally doing it. Changmin was finally going to leave him.

Just as he had predicted, just as he had feared, Changmin had finally taken the decision to leave. To get away from him. Tonight’s incident had been the final straw.

“Okay.”

Changmin looked up at him, at Yunho’s stance which was so tense he could almost see a vein throbbing in his temple.

Yunho closed his eyes for a moment, letting out a breath before he opened his eyes with a soft smile.

“Okay,” he repeated. “If you want to go to Jaejoong and the rest, then I fully respect your decision. I’d wish you luck, but I know you won’t need it.”

Changmin stared, before a look of confusion crossed his features.

“What are you talking about?”

“Changmin, you don’t have to act. If you want to leave SM and go to JYJ, then I won’t stop you. I understand, I do. Don’t let me hold you back.”

Changmin only stared blankly back at him, before he looked away, avoiding Yunho’s gaze.

“You’re right. I do want to leave. I want to go to Jaejoong and Junsu and Yoochun hyung. I’ve never felt happier with them around me.”

Yunho bit down on his tongue as Changmin’s words pierced his heart.

“But you misunderstand me. I want to leave, but I won’t leave you. If you forgot, you’re my leader too. You’re the person I look up to, the person I depend on. I need you by my side too.”

“I hurt you. I shouldn’t even be in the same room as you.”

Changmin shook his head in disagreement. “That wasn’t you. I know that wasn’t you, hyung. You’d never hurt me. So what’s a few mistakes to me? You’re my leader, and I need you.”

“Why are you saying that?” Yunho asked, expression pained. “I nearly killed you. I might do it again.”

“The only way you’ll kill me is if you’re not by my side when I need you,” Changmin answered, his tone serious. “Leave with me. Please, leave. We’ll start anew. We can do it.”

“Changmin, you’re sick. The drugs are messing with your head so you can’t think straight.”

“I am not,” the Maknae argued. “I’m fine, hyung.”

“Why would you want to leave SM, Changmin? You were the one who was adamant on staying in the first place. Why would you want to leave now?”

Changmin was silenced, and Yunho thought for a moment that he had Changmin in a corner when the younger looked up to him, eyes shining with the threat of unshed tears.

“Because I was wrong. I don’t need SM, I just need the four of you. Five of us. Together. That’s all I need.”

The sound of the door opening made the two look up, seeing Jaejoong and Yoochun enter. There was the telltale tense stance from the latter two as they saw that it was only Yunho and Changmin in the room. It was an expected reaction really, though both recovered from it quickly enough.

“Hey, Changmin,” Jaejoong greeted, his voice soft and careful, “How are you feeling?”

“Better,” Changmin answered, a strained smile on his lips as both came to stand by his bedside. “Not chipper, but better.”

Jaejoong let a chuckle escape his lips, a hand resting softly on Changmin’s knee. “I’m glad,” he said, kissing Changmin’s forehead softly. “We were all pretty worried when Jaera said you had a seizure.”

“A seizure?” Changmin repeated, sounding too tired to even act surprised.

“Yeah. She said you were under too much stress.”

“I was eating barbequed meat. How was I stressed out?” Changmin joked.

“Their deliciousness must have gotten to you.”

Changmin laughed softly. “Where’s Junsu hyung?”

“A schedule,” Yoochun answered, “Though I think he’ll try to squeeze out of this one too.”

“I don’t like you guys having to skip schedules because of me,” Changmin voiced out, a frown marring his handsome features. “You’ll get in trouble.”

“There are more important things at hand, like you and Yunho, for instance,” Jaejoong half-joked.

“You’ll get fined.”

“What’s a few dollars?”

This time Changmin could only answer with a short laugh, knowing the royalties JYJ had accumulated from the past three years.

“How are you, Yunho?” Jaejoong asked in turn, taking a seat on the edge of Changmin’s bed as he sat knee-to-knee facing Yunho.

Said man looked up at the question, seeing Jaejoong’s soft eyes and comforting smile relaxed him somewhat.

“Does your hand still hurt?” Jaejoong asked as he gently took it in his. His soft touches grazed Yunho’s bruised knuckles ever so gently, careful to not inflict any pain.

“I’m fine,” Yunho answered, forcing a smile as he stared at his own hand.

“Does your head still hurt?” Yoochun asked.

“No... Not anymore. It’s gotten pretty clear, in fact,” Yunho confessed.

“Really? That’s wonderful,” Jaejoong grinned, his eyes forming half moons in the process.

“Yeah, I can’t really explain it. It’s just... clear.”

“Well I hope it stays clear,” Jaejoong said. “I couldn’t be happier for you.”

A knock on the door made all four turn their heads to see Jaera pop her head in.

“Oh hello, you three,” she greeted, a smile lighting up her face, “And you’re awake, Changmin-sshi. I’m glad.”

The four returned her greeting as Jaera entered the room, files in hand.

“I’ll just need to make a quick check-up on Changmin-sshi. If all goes well, he can be discharged by tomorrow morning.”

The three got up to leave, when Jaera placed a gentle hand on Yunho. “Would you mind staying, Yunho-sshi? I want to do a check-up on you, too.”

Jaejoong and Yoochun swallowed any questions they had as they left, closing the door behind them. Jaera watched the closed door, keeping silent until the sound of receding footsteps slowly went away.

“Jaera noona-nim?” Both prompted at her peculiar behaviour.

“What?” Jaera asked, turning to meet both their gazes on her. “I need to do a check-up, honest to God.” Jaera held a hand up almost in a swearing motion. “Oh, and right, before I forgot. Here,” she said, handing both a slip of paper.

“What is it?”

“I assigned a psychiatrist to you two. Same person, so she can properly assess the root of the problem. You two are going to owe me because I had to pull a considerable amount of strings to get to her. The best in Seoul, and she does house calls too, so paparazzi won’t catch either of you going to clinic. Your appointments will be weekly for the first three months, then gradually reduced where she sees fit.”

“Why do you have to inform us in secret?” Changmin asked.

“Secret? What secret? No secrets here,” Jaera rushed, grinning when she was only met with two blank faces. “Alright,” she sighed, “I’ve assigned the same psyche to Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu a few years back. Just didn’t think they’d like knowing.”

“A few years back?” Yunho prompted.

Jaera nodded her answer. “Back in 2009. They were on for about year, Junsu the longest, Yoochun the longest at six months.”

“They had a psyche after the split?”

“Almost immediately after it. I assigned her without their permission too, so they weren’t that happy.”

“Why, what happened?” Changmin’s curiousity was piqued.

“About the same reason as you two; stress, fights and for Junsu, moderate depression.”

“But they’re better now,” Yunho added.

“Yes,” Jaera agreed, “Much better. So I’d appreciate it if you two stuck to her. Don’t leave her knocking at your door for longer than five minutes or she’ll hold a grudge.” She paused for breath, before unravelling the stethoscope from her neck. “Well, now that we have that out of the way, time for a check up.”

 

===============================

 

Well that was unexpected (the update, I mean)

Hahaha alo alo alo people I don't think most of you are still active on this site anyways. People keep shifting to LJ and I fully respect that

Anyways, the fic is coming to an end soon! Hope I can make it to the end *emotionally attached moment*

Thank you for sticking so long to this and till next time!